3D Printing Patreons

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

Yeah, I'm in for the Stonehaven. They are almost always easy to paint. Detailed but not loaded with belts, buckles, straps, daggers, etc...

I might give em a look. I guess it depends on price. Hopefully Stonehaven won't price these way higher then most stls out there (like their metal minis).

August thou, I might be a little cash-strapped due to a certain mini Con & spending on that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Yeah, I'm in for the Stonehaven. They are almost always easy to paint. Detailed but not loaded with belts, buckles, straps, daggers, etc...

Yup, I've always like his style, good personality and detail without feeling overwhelmed by clutter.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

There is absolutely NO World of Warcraft influence! :lol:

Absolutely NOT I don't even know what would make you insinuate such a thing!

In fairness though, their style has always had a bit of WoW-ish style to it. I've actually used the WoW art style to describe what 'Heroic Scale' means in world of miniatures to people outside of the hobby. Artisan Guild kind of hits that style pretty good. This set is particularly on the nose though, especially with that face, and those eyebrows are gonna take an eye out!

Edited by Illithar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Illithar said:

In fairness though, their style has always had a bit of WoW-ish style to it. I've actually used the WoW art style to describe what 'Heroic Scale' means in world of miniatures to people outside of the hobby. Artisan Guild kind of hits that style pretty good. This set is particularly on the nose though, especially with that face, and those eyebrows are gonna take an eye out!

Yeah, their Orcs and Goblins were very WoW influenced as well.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Well I'm impressed.  First of the Stonehaven Patreon fresh out of the forges.

Ignore the shine from the wash drying.

20210803_222757.thumb.jpg.94784673c4059715828cacc2a01236c7.jpg

The real question is did you print the Necromaner with the two fingers up in the V sign. I of course snapped those right off. Sigh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, haldir said:

Is Stonehave Patreon active now? I guess I could go look, but figured I'd ask first.

Yes, first month launched on the 1st.  Monster themed "treasure vault" with this month's theme being "Wizards & Warbands" which are all the sculpts they did for their family Frostgrave campaign.

I am going to heavily suggest they try to add more Giants/Trolls/etc as I know their old resin caster is defunct and thats why several Kickstarters have lacked them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:13 PM, Illithar said:

Not complainin!

Their orcs are my go to for Eberron orcs. ::): Ditto for pretty much everything. Dwarves, humans, elves.

Good stuff!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

The real question is did you print the Necromaner with the two fingers up in the V sign. I of course snapped those right off. Sigh.

As discussed on FB, yeah they snapped right off.  I plan to reprint and snip the supports off that hand before pulling the rest.  Had to do the same for One Gold Piece Prince Mageia

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I am going to heavily suggest they try to add more Giants/Trolls/etc as I know their old resin caster is defunct and thats why several Kickstarters have lacked them.

Stonehaven has some great large-huge sized sculpts and would be what would likely draw me into pledging.

• Like 2