• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, haldir said:

1.png?token-time=1630454400&token-hash=N

Cast N Play - The Great Auk (Pirate Ship)

So many ships out these days. We live in a great era for the hobby.

The hobbyist is willing, but the printer is small, resin supplies are low, and shelf space is limited.

• Like 3
On 8/17/2021 at 12:56 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

Added another vardo to our collection - from Great Grimoire -

image.thumb.png.a3fd360c14b572b9f1260e21978335ad.png

This fellow... might be fun to play, either a Wizard or a Trickster, I think -

image.thumb.png.895d989caf0bc98f50cbd80aeefadc47.png

Most likely, Trickster.

Give him an eye patch and he will be a fairly convincing Odin.

The Auld Grump

Poor Grump!

He doesn't realize it yet, but that bundle spawned a whole new campaign!

And he's RUNNING IT! ::D::lol:

• Like 1

I finally had a chance to look at some Patreons today.  Aside from the usual suspects that always get posted here (of which I'll pick up a few), a few more caught my eye.

I don't do a lot of sci-fi, but Ritual Casting's offering looks fun.

1.jpg?token-time=1630800000&token-hash=0

3DSOFSAN always has offering that I think look cool, but take a pass on because I'll probably never paint them. Maybe this is the month...

1.png?token-time=1630800000&token-hash=6

1.png?token-time=1630800000&token-hash=9

Nova minis has a pirate crew with ship.  I could care less about the pirates so I'll wait for the ship to hit retail and see how the price compares to other offerings out there.  As a bonus though, it converts into a skyship...

1.jpg?token-time=1630886400&token-hash=u

1.jpg?token-time=1630886400&token-hash=Y

h3llcreator has 4 recognizable likenesses.

51349869834_f8b46b1a69.jpg

I like one of them but given Bellanacht's MMF store pricing there's no point in waiting for retail. All or nothing now.

1.jpg?token-time=1630800000&token-hash=9

Daybreak has vampire knights.  On one hand I don't have any vampire knights so they would fill a gap in my inventory.  OTOH mini vampires always annoy me with their giant fangs.  I understand why they are sculpted that way but I feel some of them could puncture their lips if they close their mouth.

1.jpg?token-time=1630800000&token-hash=v

3DArtGuy has a "frisky wizard" that would just barely pass the forum rules, but I'll save our mods the need to inspect her.

RN Estudio did Berserk this month.  I have no gaming use for them, but I always liked the manga.  Too bad it will never finish. There's a topless one in there, so no group shot.

TPK Lab is a new one that I came across.  Last month is now the welcome pack.  This month doesn't seem to have a handy group shot so I'll just grab one.

1.png?token-time=1630886400&token-hash=c

1.png?token-time=1630886400&token-hash=t

If I backed everything I looked at today it would be over $200, so I I'll take a pass on some.  Then I can pretend I was somewhat responsible.

• Like 2
On 8/17/2021 at 6:44 PM, haldir said:

1.png?token-time=1630454400&token-hash=N

Cast N Play - The Great Auk (Pirate Ship)

So many ships out these days. We live in a great era for the hobby.

NovaMinis has an orc pirate ship on their Patreon.

Imma wait till I get home to post the  pics.

My Fire continues to have problems.

• Like 2

Just saw the awesome modular Bounty Hunter from "Imitation of Life" and decided to back them, didn't realize they were also the sculptor for a bunch of Dunkeldorf stuff too!
image.thumb.png.8c4e87791a0d3e3a06fc157ea2a0c834.png
image.thumb.png.92e7d93fdf43390347bdd72bcdd08987.png

They also have a quite hardy welcome pack.

image.thumb.png.fe8d8bb82142284c7daba89ea53dd8e9.png

• Like 5
4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

NovaMinis has an orc pirate ship on their Patreon.

Imma wait till I get home to post the  pics.

My Fire continues to have problems.

I don't think it is the Fire - the interweb has been at a crawl all day.

The Orc Ship was listed above - but the pics loading so slowwwwwllllyyyy.

The Auld Grump

Printed Obsession has this charming lady -

image.png.5e28e8e672203d0664b7f562ea4b6f93.png

She's nice - but her cat is a right bastiche.

Now there are two or three more of that coven that I would like to see.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

image.png.5e28e8e672203d0664b7f562ea4b6f93.png

there's a sculptor Odrivous who has a version of the elder two on their Cults collection, along with a few city.. guards.  No maiden yet that I've seen

• Like 1
On 8/19/2021 at 5:25 PM, Auberon said:

I've been so busy this month that I haven't even looked at the Patreons I carried over, much less looked for new ones.  Hopefully I can remedy that this weekend.

This is starting to be my problem as well.

Even when I have time for printing the minis, the time to then clean and pull supports/prep is starting to become smaller.

And of course Bones V and the convention bits hit and I picked up the  Games Workshop 3.0 AoS and some other goodies.

Might be time to cut back on some Patreons.

Problem with that is the Aftermarket sales for many of them are just stupid prices.  I really wonder how many sales in the AM these companies are making. If it's a higher number, awesome. If not, I wonder if any of them are bothering to do any research into what their pricing models should be.

• Like 2
On 8/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, Auberon said:

I finally had a chance to look at some Patreons today.  Aside from the usual suspects that always get posted here (of which I'll pick up a few), a few more caught my eye.

I don't do a lot of sci-fi, but Ritual Casting's offering looks fun.

1.jpg?token-time=1630800000&token-hash=0

I've just about finished printing her up. I just have the base and drone bits to print. Something to note: every single armor piece is a separate bit. Which is basically all of the red bits you can see with the exception of the guns and the helmet. Also the armor for the lower legs is basically one piece that fits over the leg proper. So that's been some really full build plates. Looks like she's going to fit together nicely as well. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Illithar said:

I've just about finished printing her up. I just have the base and drone bits to print. Something to note: every single armor piece is a separate bit. Which is basically all of the red bits you can see with the exception of the guns and the helmet. Also the armor for the lower legs is basically one piece that fits over the leg proper. So that's been some really full build plates. Looks like she's going to fit together nicely as well. 

That sounds about par for Ritual Casting's work, Ben is very much a sculpt quality over quantity sort.  Most of the stuff is intended to print as 1:10 scale statues

• Like 2