Resin Printer Issues

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup.  Now, come May you may need to get a heater, but for now just don't point an AC vent at it.
I will say if your resin temp gets much above 30 it may start having issues too. I've never been in a place to see what those issues ARE, but most resins  have their ideal printing temps between 25 and 30.

• Like 2

like it printed a few layers and then stopped completely, or it printed a few layers and then kept printing with nothing on the plate?  
If the latter, could be underexposed base layers for the size of the model or too thin supports or too cold resin.
If it's the first one, where it prints a few layers, then just stops doing anything with the plate raised, that's either a corrupted file or bad thumb drive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@haldir  I'd consider adjusting your settings for larger figures by a 0.5 to 1.5 seconds longer per layer for a 4K mono machine or 1 to 2 seconds for a 2K color machine.  Large figures produce more pull force and may need a bit more curing before each lift to ensure that they don't break away.

• Like 2