• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Open Mesh mixer. 2. Import the STL you want to check     3. Click on the Analysis button.     4. Select Inspector:     Errors in the

Transparent Green has always been a 'safe' colour for resin printers(That, and that it looks more striking than Grey is why it's so often included with new printers) so I'd guess that it's borked. 

So I've had some issues lately with my printer not wanting to print multiple miniatures, like say a plate of 8 minis. It did it when I first got the printer but then I had LCD/light issues that for so

Posted Images

trying to decide if it's worth the effort to try to sell my old photon to put toward a sonic mighty, or if I just just box it and put it in the garage and get the mighty anyway....

• Like 3

Yep. It never hurts to have one in reserve, or for extra capacity. 

Or when you want to print with a different Resin and don't want to clean out the vat just for one mini...

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 4
On 11/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, Gadgetman! said:

Got the replacement touchscreen LCD for my Photon today, and just finished installing it. 

Now it's printing Vadoma from Signum. 

Finger's crossed...

@Gadgetman! how did the replacement screen work out? I have a bad spot on my photon and if you didn’t have any issues I will order direct. I am not in a big hurry as the problem is near one corner that I can ignore for now. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

@KruleBear

That was the touchscreen LCD, not the one that is used for printing. 

And my printer works just fine now.

Ah, got it. I actually though that one was failing too on mine, but was able to get the smudges cleaned off. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well, with the exception of a handful of prints I have been on a printing hiatus for the last month and a half-ish. Got a bit discouraged due to my Mars Pro having the 'Grid Issue' and I also got distracted by other things. BUT, the replacement LED/Lense array should be delivered today. Hopefully it is intact and fixes the problem. I sent the original request to Elegoo at the end of October, so about two and half month turn around on getting the replacement part(s). I'll take a stab at swapping it tonight, fingers crossed I don't break something in the process.

If all goes well I'll be back to printing more consistently, and hopefully greater success.

• Like 2

So now I have 3 stripped screw stuck in the printer. Looks like two of the were stripped when I had it, the other one was so tight I stripped it trying to get it out. I've tried all the tricks that I can, but I can't get the screws out so I can't get the printer open to do this...

Going to swing by the local hardware store tomorrow. There's a thing called a 'screw extractor' that I'll look for. Not sure if it will work though, given how small the screws are (they're the flush ones on the sides of the printer). 

If I can't open it this printer is done. I think the screen is starting to go as well, I've found a few random floaters in the last couple of jobs. I have a replacement screen, but...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Illithar said:

So now I have 3 stripped screw stuck in the printer. Looks like two of the were stripped when I had it, the other one was so tight I stripped it trying to get it out. I've tried all the tricks that I can, but I can't get the screws out so I can't get the printer open to do this...

Going to swing by the local hardware store tomorrow. There's a thing called a 'screw extractor' that I'll look for. Not sure if it will work though, given how small the screws are (they're the flush ones on the sides of the printer). 

If I can't open it this printer is done. I think the screen is starting to go as well, I've found a few random floaters in the last couple of jobs. I have a replacement screen, but...

I agree, probably too small for a screw extractor? Maybe drill out the screw, get the cover off then install a new screw housing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1