• TaleSpinner pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I'm disappointed. My printer didn't come with a wench. 3 women in the house already is probably enough anyhow.

upgraded to the silent mainboard last night on my ender 3 pro.  Ho-ly cats they weren't kidding about the word 'silent'.  The loudest thing on it now is the fans.  Even the sound of the spool spinning

Wow, replacement hot end arrived in under 48 hours, right before Christmas, some how.....   Probably won't get a chance to install it for a couple of days, but I was expecting to be waiting a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Hmmmmmm, my CR-6 is apparently clogged and I cant pull the filament back out even at 230 degrees.   I guess it's time to finally learn something.

Try pushing, instead of pulling, force feeding it INTO the nozzle.

When I get my SLA printer, I'm giving the CR-6 to Grumpy. ::P:

• Like 3

The other thing to try is cut off the filament, then take off the nozzle with the wrench they provide. I liked my typo better "with the wench they provide" :lol:

Take off the rubber sock around the nozzle, then use the wrench.

Just did that for the first time, swapping to a .25 nozzle, since it wasn't slow enough already! ::D:

Higher detail, but a lot slower, too.

Starting Mum's next present, wanted the higher detail.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

The other thing to try is cut off the filament, then take off the nozzle with the wrench they provide. I liked my typo better "with the wench they provide" :lol:

Now I'm disappointed. My printer didn't come with a wench. 3 women in the house already is probably enough anyhow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Mine had a broken bit of filament stuck in the nozzle. I could remove the rest of the filament, but couldn't push the stuck bit through. The only fix was to unscrew the nozzle and remove the broken piece.

I didn't tighten the nozzle fully when I put it back on and it fell off during a subsequent print run. I got away without causing too much damage, but make sure you put the bits back together properly

• Like 4

Looks like my hot end on the Ender 3 has broken.  

I've been having random clogs lately, and when trying to clear the latest I couldn't get the nozzle to tighten properly so either the threading or something internal (I haven't taken it out yet) has let go.

It is almost exactly 2 years old, so it lasted pretty well.  Probably 50ish kg of filament through it.....yeesh, that's a lot of stuff I haven't assembled or painted....

And a new one is only $26 CDN so that should be here in a few days.

I was pondering an all metal hot end or maybe even a direct driver conversion, but the Canadian Amazon site is out of stock on everything interesting....

So I'll just do a stock replacement for now.

• Like 2

The All-metal is nice, as the PTFE tube inside the hot-end doesn't degrade as quickly, but... 

It requires very good cooling of the heat-break or you'll suffer clogs often. 

The really big reason to use it is that you can print at higher temperatures so that you can use Nylon and other high-temp materials.

(The PTFE tube will start failing at 250c. It also starts releasing toxic fumes then)   

You'll need to recalibrate a lot of stuff, also. Retraction will probably need to be shorter.   

• Like 1

So, if your heating core will come out, replacing the hot end on an Ender 3 is basically taking the 2 screws for the fan shroud off, then taking the two screws for the hot end off, then loosening the grub screw to slide the heating core out, and removing the screw that holds in the thermistor.  then reverse to put on the new hot end.

If the heating core won't come out, things get slightly more complicated....

20201230_IMG_1474.thumb.jpg.b109bd406972e4cf2c8d39906e41d281.jpg

• Like 3

upgraded to the silent mainboard last night on my ender 3 pro.  Ho-ly cats they weren't kidding about the word 'silent'.  The loudest thing on it now is the fans.  Even the sound of the spool spinning and the plastic coming off of it was louder than the stepper motors.  

• Like 5