Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

Ender thread

Okay, the Ender Series of printers are hugely popular and several of us here own them. We will make this thread for support and suggestions.

• Like 2

I've got a CR6 from the kickstarter and it seems to do well with default settings.  I haven't really tried any adjustments but then again, I really wanted to use this to support my terrain making hobby and explicitly didn't want the printing process itself to become a time sink.

One question, do people stick with the Creality Slicer or are there better options?

• Like 2

I've never looked at the Creality Slicer.  Been using Cura since day one with my Ender 3.  Is it new?

I haven't looked to see if he's done anything for the CR6 yet, but Tom from Fat Dragon Games has been a huge supporter of the ender 3 online. His Tomb of 3D Printed Horrors channel on youtube has been excellent for helping with any Ender 3 issues I've had.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

+1 on Tom from Fat Dragon, absolutely great videos. I too, use Cura, and like it a LOT. Have never tried the new Creality slicer so I can't comment on it.

• Like 2

Are the Ender 3 profiles supposed to work for the CR-6? I've been trying to study up a bit on things like that but it would be a lot handier to grab already tested settings and adjust them a bit rather than starting from scratch. Especially with the barest minimum of knowledge of how to adjust things.

• Like 1

I’m using Cura 4.7.1 for my CR-6SE.  I started with a CR-10 profile and changed the print bed settings (based on a reddit post).  It works okay, but I’m not doing anything too interesting either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've got my 6 set up & hopefully, I'll print something out tomorrow. I watched Tom Tullis's video the other day & he used a Ender 3 profile (for miniatures) off the Facebook page. I'm gonna try that one as I wanna see if I can print off a chain devil from Rocket Pig successfully.

• Like 3

On 9/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I've never looked at the Creality Slicer.  Been using Cura since day one with my Ender 3.  Is it new?

Creality Slicer is just an older version of Cura that comes with printer profiles made by Creality. It lacks the latest features in exchange for already being mostly bug fixed. 

• Like 1

The creality cannot handle larger files. I have a couple of wardroid files that are more than 200k, and the creality refuses to open them. argh. Anybody know how Cura handles larger files?

3 hours ago, Maledrakh said:

The creality cannot handle larger files. I have a couple of wardroid files that are more than 200k, and the creality refuses to open them. argh. Anybody know how Cura handles larger files?

The largest file I have is 420mb both cura and the creality slicer version open it and slice it without any trouble.

• Like 1

Ah, the joys of being low on a spool of filament, and trying to find something that can be completed with what you have left....

Also, forgot that the CR6 has a limit on the length of file names, and was wondering why it couldn't find that hopefully-small-enough-yet-big-enough file.

The Auld Grump

I must have tightened my X axis belt too tight when I was assembling my E6. I looked over & it had snapped. I never did have this happen with the E3........

Hopefully, I can get a replacement from Creality as I'm not sure who I can go through for E6 parts right now.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, haldir said:

I must have tightened my X axis belt too tight when I was assembling my E6. I looked over & it had snapped. I never did have this happen with the E3........

Hopefully, I can get a replacement from Creality as I'm not sure who I can go through for E6 parts right now.

Aren't they just regular GT2 belts?

If so, there's loads of them available online. Even steel-backed ones. 

(steel wires running lengthwise in them)

Edited by Gadgetman!

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Aren't they just regular GT2 belts?

If so, there's loads of them available online. Even steel-backed ones. 

(steel wires running lengthwise in them)

I'm not sure, thou they appear to be. I just looked at mine & there appears to be wires in the belt itself. I'm not sure what the variety of steel backed ones are but I've yet to even put this printer to printing. I just took out of the shipping box last week & then assembled it. I tightened the belts a bit just to make sure they were taught & this morning I look over & I have a broken belt......

Hell, I'm not exactly sure how to even put these belts onto this printer as this part was fully assembled when I got it & I really don't want to risk screwing up what the factory sent me. I'm taking a different approach to this printer vs the E3 & not DiY-ing anything on if I can. At least for now, I just want a reliable fdm printer.

• Like 2