9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Yes, we are working out details and adjustments for printing and casting now.

Hmmm I think you need a third independent party who will check those minis for flaws.

I'm willing to sacrifice some of my time for that..::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Talae that looks great!

I printed the saddle decoration for the Croc and the top floor for the Pyramid.

The floor has a slight warp but that will be obscured when I build it and add more vegetation to the pyramid anyway.

All on the Elegoo Mars.

20210302_195824.jpg

20210302_200958.jpg

• Like 2

Printed & cured a halberd from Artisan Guild (I think the human weapon pack w/rack set). It was the first piece after the print/fail hands piece. Came out great! I need to print out a lever I found on thingiverse as it's part of the final battle scene that I want to put on the map. I'm debating on printing out stalagmites or just draw em on the map. I've got  today & tomorrow to do those if needed.

16148715231902203701181684732551.jpg

I still need to wrap a wire around it & "base" it. It's actually a encounter the party will face in a upcoming game. If they defeat "it" in honorable combat, it'll become a weapon for a party member. It's a magical sentient weapon.

• Like 2
On 3/2/2021 at 1:53 PM, Talae said:

The Aboleth from Archvillain Games:

20210302_114803.thumb.jpg.39be217a5dd0872915c6f600fd54fcd2.jpg

What is up with all the aboleths lately?

I think something like four or five companies over the last six months.

And ALL better then the official D&D models.

Come to think, Reaper has one coming too.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

What is up with all the aboleths lately?

I think something like four or five companies over the last six months.

And ALL better then the official D&D models.

Come to think, Reaper has one coming too.

More to choose from!

Anyway, I feel that the Patreons/companies all alternate around the same themes.

Egyptian, Ocean, Gothic Undead, Ratman, Demons, Lizards...repeat..

• Like 1

@Humansquish those look great!!!

First print using a new USB stick ( sounds like something simple, but it was a struggle to create one and make it work)

Another corner for the Pyramid, one more to go and then we're in business.

20210307_180449.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Koi Mage by Titan Forge & Dwarf Bust by TytanTroll.

Koi.jpg.bcfbce23e43932725b45ed6e59e11b66.jpg

Oooh I have that bust as well (as well as the female celtic lady and barbarian. I bought his 3 pack hehe.). Need to get my printers up and print out these cool items. I need to get his red hiding hood and goblin king models:)

• Like 1

Finished the printing of the pyramid, added a staked body from Printyourmonsters.

Since I had to refill my resin while printing and was out of Elegoo Grey I mixed it with Wan Hao Grey.

You can see where the lighter Elegoo Grey ends and the Wan Hao/Elegoo Mix starts..

And now I've told myself I need to finish ( paint) some projects before printing more so I cleaned the VAT.

I might have to replace the FEP the next time, it has some bumps in there that might rip..

20210308_145131.jpg

20210308_152548.jpg

20210308_152557.jpg

• Like 4

While resin printers are the undisputed champs for printing minis you can still get some nice prints with FDM. A space dwarf mini I stumbled across yesterday.

IMG_9001.thumb.JPG.669d617f5eeca4f3f526547b60497a3c.JPG

The wife likes dwarves and gnomes and wants me to print the next one as big as I can for outside. This was a 2 inch long test print using the settings I will use when I do the big one. A little stripey but still pretty good.

IMG_9003.thumb.JPG.70dff6aa0f90f09abc62e3803c1211a2.JPG

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Zink said:

While resin printers are the undisputed champs for printing minis you can still get some nice prints with FDM. A space dwarf mini I stumbled across yesterday.

I've been very impressed with the detail you have got out of your FDM printer. But mold lines bother me so print lines bother me, so I had to have a resin printer.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Humansquish said:

I've been very impressed with the detail you have got out of your FDM printer. But mold lines bother me so print lines bother me, so I had to have a resin printer.

It depends on what layer height i use. I'm generally pushing more for speed than quality. The space dwarf doesn't really have noticeable lines. The sleeping gnome was printed at much thicker layer height so it didn't take hours. But a resin printer is faster and smoother for sure. I just can't afford another printer and don't have space for it so am happy enough with the one I have.

• Like 1