On 3/11/2021 at 2:20 PM, Talae said:

I now have an Ender 3 and a CR10mini for FDM and a Phrozen SM4K for resin. Honestly, it is too many for my needs compared to space available land I should get rid of one of the FDM printers.

Maybe sell both and get the new Ender6, get a 2mm nozzle and it will amaze you on slow speeds and barely visible lines. By selling both you would probably pay for the Ender6 and gain space.

• Like 2
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this plane did not land so well.   3d printed using a prusa   

Well, I got the Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K printer last week.  I have spent every day since printing test samples to get the settings dialed in.  I have to say, the hype about this machine being ultra-high

Nice work everybody!  My printers work best wen I stay at the terrain/dragon scale

Posted Images

Theodoric the Great of Italy. From a 3D scan of the bronze statue of him that was commissioned in the 1400s, and found on MyMiniFactory in their free Scan the World area. Printed to about 72mm scale. The details on the shield and armor are still very crisp, and even though it's a little hard to see in the picture, the chainmail skirt that he's wearing is still textured. Although the actual statue is in bronze, I'm actually going to attempt to paint it lifelike, so we'll see how that goes LOL

(Huh, I see the forums are no longer allowing me to link images from my webhost because it's not https. Oh well, not spending another 15 bucks a month to get it... thankfully I can just attach it now!)

TheodoricTheGreat.jpg

Edited by bojesphob
  • Like 3

Those both turned out great, what printer are you using?

I got a bust from the Scan the World library. It looks good from the front, but any other angle looks off. Not sure what went wrong on the scan.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Those both turned out great, what printer are you using?

I got a bust from the Scan the World library. It looks good from the front, but any other angle looks off. Not sure what went wrong on the scan.

There are a lot of factors that go into how those scans turn out. Normally, they actually do a 3D scan, and scan the whole thing, which is what they did with the ones I've printed so far. Some, though, they use photos take from a bunch of different angles and have a program stitch them together. While those are OK looking, they don't always end up turning out well, as I would imagine if you are in a museum taking photos, there's usually glass between you and the thing, or you can't get around to all angles. I tend to open the files in Lychee to see how they look there before I decide if I want to print them or not. I have about 8 I still want to print, ranging from European reliefs to Roman era, and a couple more Aztec/Mayan and at least one Egyptian.

As to the printer, I have an Anycubic Photon Mono 2k. The statue from the Templo Major was printed using Siraya Tech Blu resin, the Lion Guardian was printed using white NOVA3D, and Theodoric was printed using NOVA3D water washable. Been trying out different resins to see which ones I like the best. I'm leaning towards the water washable since they come clean easier and using the water is far less of a hassle.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Took me a while to find this thread and I'm still not sure off it will show up somewhere but this belongs here.

I present the Sleipnir interplanetary vessel!  There is over 3 kg of filament in this beast and 11 decks but here at least is the overview completed for your viewing pleasure (insulated coffee sippy cup for reference)

20210407_174803.thumb.jpg.75290d635909dfa3bbca17025320902d.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Up from the depths with a terrible sound... 44-ish hours later...

I got the upper and lower parts of Lord of the Print's Gojira done, plus his arms and legs. Each torso pieces took about 12 - 14 hours to print. The arms and head were 7 hours. The legs were finished this morning after another 14 hours of printing (didn't get a chance to snap any pictures). I got the base of the tail going which will hopefully be done tonight after about 12 hours. Then it's the tail for another 14 hours, I think, and the base for 12-ish. So pretty much a week solid of printing to get him done. I might have been able to shave off a bit of print time if I spent more time organizing the plates, maybe put the head and arms along with one of the bigger pieces, but some of these bits are a tight fit to begin with on my Mars Pro.

Spoiler

IMG_20210407_183540_2.thumb.jpg.8fd6e93679e439cc066f6e57a702cf5a.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20210407_183855_4.thumb.jpg.c662c291d5cf73420e0d5e8b651714ce.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Illithar said:

Up from the depths with a terrible sound... 44-ish hours later...

I got the upper and lower parts of Lord of the Print's Gojira done, plus his arms and legs. Each torso pieces took about 12 - 14 hours to print. The arms and head were 7 hours. The legs were finished this morning after another 14 hours of printing (didn't get a chance to snap any pictures). I got the base of the tail going which will hopefully be done tonight after about 12 hours. Then it's the tail for another 14 hours, I think, and the base for 12-ish. So pretty much a week solid of printing to get him done. I might have been able to shave off a bit of print time if I spent more time organizing the plates, maybe put the head and arms along with one of the bigger pieces, but some of these bits are a tight fit to begin with on my Mars Pro.

Hide contents

IMG_20210407_183540_2.thumb.jpg.8fd6e93679e439cc066f6e57a702cf5a.jpg

Hide contents

IMG_20210407_183855_4.thumb.jpg.c662c291d5cf73420e0d5e8b651714ce.jpg

You'll have to post how well it goes together. I have it in my queue to print, but it will be  whjle before I get to it.

• Like 2

1st & 2nd prints off the printer. I'm just using the default setting in Chitubox for phrozen mini 4k. Using Elegoo grey resin.

1618024380984212725078507038613.jpg

16180244210956617111598499652037.jpg

16180245155084073098148907825389.jpg

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, haldir said:

1st & 2nd prints off the printer. I'm just using the default setting in Chitubox for phrozen mini 4k. Using Elegoo grey resin.

I don't have the Elegoo grey so I can't say much about it, but you definitely have room to tweak the default settings once your 4k resin shows up.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Auberon said:

I don't have the Elegoo grey so I can't say much about it, but you definitely have room to tweak the default settings once your 4k resin shows up.

Yah I mainly just wanted to get those 3 pieces printed up today's game. I was going to get the "Alice in tub" file from Great Grimiore but I'll just theater of mind that encounter & end up using one of Reaper's Warlord ghosts for the actual combat.

Note, the cupboard with the arms is pre-cure stage. I ended up smoothing out the back with some sanding afterwards. I love the details! Hell I wasn't even getting this with my somewhat efforts on the Photon S. I'll probably pre-ordered that resin after the game today. Thou, at least I know I can always fall back on Elegoo grey if there is a shortage again on the Aqua-grey 4k.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah I mainly just wanted to get those 3 pieces printed up today's game. I was going to get the "Alice in tub" file from Great Grimiore but I'll just theater of mind that encounter & end up using one of Reaper's Warlord ghosts for the actual combat.

Note, the cupboard with the arms is pre-cure stage. I ended up smoothing out the back with some sanding afterwards. I love the details! Hell I wasn't even getting this with my somewhat efforts on the Photon S. I'll probably pre-ordered that resin after the game today. Thou, at least I know I can always fall back on Elegoo grey if there is a shortage again on the Aqua-grey 4k.

We got a liter of Aqua Grey 4k with our Mini.

My favorite by far, but we haven't been able to replace it.

Mostly we've been using water washable, but nowhere near as crisp. Safer, less stinky, easier to wash, but not as crisp.

• Like 2

All done! I haven't glued him to the base yet so I had to prop him up for the photo. The pieces fit together well enough, there are small gaps with each piece, being the worse between the two torso pieces and on the hips. They're easy enough to fill though. This was... a lot of resin, despite everything except the head and arms being hollow this was probably close to half a bottle of resin at least.

IMG_20210410_225513_4.thumb.jpg.985dabadc38033da623426db7bb9f284.jpg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Illithar said:

All done! I haven't glued him to the base yet so I had to prop him up for the photo. The pieces fit together well enough, there are small gaps with each piece, being the worse between the two torso pieces and on the hips. They're easy enough to fill though. This was... a lot of resin, despite everything except the head and arms being hollow this was probably close to half a bottle of resin at least.

IMG_20210410_225513_4.thumb.jpg.985dabadc38033da623426db7bb9f284.jpg

I might have to shuffle him towards the front of my print line! Of course, I haven't been able to paint as much lately, so my printing has been less since I have a backup there. Once I start getting some extra free time I'll start up again... But, yeah, definitely want to paint him now that I see him printed! You should send the pic of the print to the LotP guys, they like seeing their stuff printed out!

• Like 2