Mini Monster Mayhem's Solar Eclipsed Celestial is printed. Love the looks of it! The star/smoke/whatever it is will stay the blue color with some inks and possibly dry brushing, and I'll paint the body a fleshy tone, and there are a number of things I'll paint gold like the halo and pointy rings around her head, and bikini looking things.

celestial.jpg

• Like 8
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well upgrading to a different brand of printer meant my Anycubic Wash N Cure couldn't be used the way I wanted it, thank goodness for thingiverse!!

I downloaded this file last weekend:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4226961

& while it's meant to be printed on a FDM printer, mine still has a broken belt (I need to remedy that someday soon), but I did print out the bracket on the mini today. For the most part it came out ok. The back where the supports were came out the worse of the two as the visible areas came out perfectly!! I did have some support failures, resulting in the sides printing deformed, but it works & I can resume using the WnC with the plate/part getting clean vs just the part & me washing the plate in the bucket before hand.

I'll test it out tomorrow when I work on a print that is going right now. I just assembled the bracket to the metal hanger & the screw hole is tight, it did fit up. It's a little loose. I'm gonna test it first & if the build plate causes any stress on it or it doesn't hold, I'm gonna take it off & sand the hell out of the backside. When I was removing the supports, the back was really gooey, like before I started using the WnC & the back was slightly deformed. I used heavy supports on this piece, so I have no idea what happened here.

• Like 1

Recently got my first printer, Photon Sonic Mini 4k, and joined the RS Estudio Patron. Still not through my first bottle of resin, and a TON of learning, but have finally managed to gey the first of the legacy pack printed. 

Few shots below, with AnyCubic grey, primed because they tend to read a lot better

20210402_220226.jpg

20210409_211234.jpg

20210412_205637.jpg

• Like 4

Pics of the bracket:

Note the back & messed up sides.

Currently it's holding the Phrozen plate in the denatured alcohol. 

20210414_104010.jpg

20210414_103944.jpg

16184188969316399543710814669508.jpg

• Like 3
On 4/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, haldir said:

Well upgrading to a different brand of printer meant my Anycubic Wash N Cure couldn't be used the way I wanted it, thank goodness for thingiverse!!

I downloaded this file last weekend:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4226961

& while it's meant to be printed on a FDM printer, mine still has a broken belt (I need to remedy that someday soon), but I did print out the bracket on the mini today. For the most part it came out ok. The back where the supports were came out the worse of the two as the visible areas came out perfectly!! I did have some support failures, resulting in the sides printing deformed, but it works & I can resume using the WnC with the plate/part getting clean vs just the part & me washing the plate in the bucket before hand.

I'll test it out tomorrow when I work on a print that is going right now. I just assembled the bracket to the metal hanger & the screw hole is tight, it did fit up. It's a little loose. I'm gonna test it first & if the build plate causes any stress on it or it doesn't hold, I'm gonna take it off & sand the hell out of the backside. When I was removing the supports, the back was really gooey, like before I started using the WnC & the back was slightly deformed. I used heavy supports on this piece, so I have no idea what happened here.

I printed a similar adapter in resin for my Mercury. It has been working well enough. No issues to report here.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, haldir said:

Pics of the bracket:

Note the back & messed up sides.

Currently it's holding the Phrozen plate in the denatured alcohol. 

20210414_104010.jpg

20210414_103944.jpg

16184188969316399543710814669508.jpg

Do you like putting the whole build plate into the cleaning vat? I didn't want to mess around with taking the whole thing off to wash, so I got one of the magnetic plates that you can just pop off and do what you need to for saving time. Easier to clean off the base too. Only bad thing is I had to add washers to a sensor (I have the Anycubic Photon Mono) to get it to not shatter the LCD, which the makers of Anycubic nor the magnetic plate mentioned would be necessary.... grr.... Oh well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bojesphob said:

Do you like putting the whole build plate into the cleaning vat? I didn't want to mess around with taking the whole thing off to wash, so I got one of the magnetic plates that you can just pop off and do what you need to for saving time. Easier to clean off the base too. Only bad thing is I had to add washers to a sensor (I have the Anycubic Photon Mono) to get it to not shatter the LCD, which the makers of Anycubic nor the magnetic plate mentioned would be necessary.... grr.... Oh well.

I find is allot easier & more fluid to just unscrew the plate, let it drip off for a bit & then screw it onto the bracket & hook it into the wash n cure vs trying to remove the print, dropping it into the basket/container. I find that the Wash N Cure cleans everything quite well, so other then wiping with a towel afterwards, very minimal cleanup. I have noticed the Phrozen plate is a little different when it comes to cleaning vs the Anycubic plate. The bracket part feel different when cleaning. I'm not sure if that is due to the metal used or what. The Anycubic being all one material just felt easier clean up afterwards, not to mention that big "bowl" in the middle of the Phrozen. I find myself spraying canned air into that area after getting washed, just so I don't have any alcohol leftover. The hole for the plate in the bracket printed just fine too, so the plate just slips in & out like if I was using the original metal bracket. I may print the bracket again when I get my Ender 6 running, but for now, I'm good to go.

The Phrozen mini 4k does have something the Photon S didn't & that is a loud beeper when the plate gets to the vat. It'll beep when the print is starting, but other then that, the printing process is similar to the Photon S.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bojesphob said:

I find that my gloves stay cleaner with this method. I still wear them just in case but only seem to get resin on them when removing the prints. It is faster and less wasteful to submerge the plate than to remove the prints before washing.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Talae said:

I find that my gloves stay cleaner with this method. I still wear them just in case but only seem to get resin on them when removing the prints. It is faster and less wasteful to submerge the plate than to remove the prints before washing.

Ah. Yeah, I don't worry too much about the gloves, as since I'm using water washable resin, I just wash them a little bit in the water when I drop in the stuff I want to clean. I also usually wash AFTER I remove the stuff from the supports.

• Like 1

Tenjin is in all printed (except the stretch goals for the panther/fox that I want to do. Now I just have to find time to paint! I'll probably have the owl perched on his base, then put the panther or fox on the main base with Tenjin.

20210416_095145.jpg

20210416_144020.jpg

20210416_095130.jpg

Edited by bojesphob
  • Like 4

After replacing my screen yesterday I was able to get this guy printed. His left ear had a bit of an issue, but I'll paint it up so that it looks bloody, like he took a sword slash to it.

IMG_20210418_182446_5.thumb.jpg.f9597174c5b37de8fcf5867fcdea4f2f.jpgIMG_20210418_182500_7.thumb.jpg.d33a62ccbbfaf1d98f03ec017aaf3d4d.jpg

• Like 2