Print Successes

11 hours ago, Illithar said:

After replacing my screen yesterday I was able to get this guy printed. His left ear had a bit of an issue, but I'll paint it up so that it looks bloody, like he took a sword slash to it.

IMG_20210418_182446_5.thumb.jpg.f9597174c5b37de8fcf5867fcdea4f2f.jpgIMG_20210418_182500_7.thumb.jpg.d33a62ccbbfaf1d98f03ec017aaf3d4d.jpg

I bought that STL too LOL Will go well with the bunny warriors I printed for my daughter from Epic Miniatures LOL

• Like 2

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/19/2021 at 8:14 AM, bojesphob said:

I bought that STL too LOL Will go well with the bunny warriors I printed for my daughter from Epic Miniatures LOL

I thought about that stl, but in the end I decided not to buy it. If it had been a female rabbit, it would have been a definite buy, but attempting to paint Thumper's colors on a male bunny would feel wrong. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bojesphob said:

Just printed this out from dragon trappers lodge... I'd have to say, I'm having a hard time being able to tell I printed this on an Ender 5 Pro FDM!

20211102_110227.jpg

20211102_110235.jpg

Yeah, my Ender 6 is turning out very nice stuff too. And that is with the .4 nozzle, I have .2s that I haven't even tried yet with the quality I am getting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yeah, my Ender 6 is turning out very nice stuff too. And that is with the .4 nozzle, I have .2s that I haven't even tried yet with the quality I am getting.

All my bigger stuff is going to be printed on this! I'll probably get a .2 nozzle when I need more, bit this .4 is rocking!

• Like 5

I'm trying to figure out some decent settings for 0.8mm and 1.0mm now. Want to print some simple terrain at faster speeds. I'm getting pretty good prints with both 0.4 and 0.2. Nothing as nice as that dino but still respectable. I'm using the absolute cheapest filament I can find and I think some of my issues might be because of that. Sometimes it seems to be the stl that just won't print perfect no matter what I do yet the next one prints great at the same settings. I rarely use the 0.2mm nozzle because it basically doubles the print time for a small increase in quality. It does do a noticeably better job on very small details but I seem to be satisfied with hordes of ok minis. I only do a few at my highest quality. Need to work on getting better supports although for the most part I'm satisfied with what I'm doing.

Because I haven't shared any pics in ages. All of these were printed as fast as possible at a 0.16mm layer height with the 0.4mm nozzle. 3 Battlemechs and a glyphid praetorian ripped from Deep Rock Galactic.

IMG_9135.JPG

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9136.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG

• Like 3