Jump to content

Print Successes


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Illithar said:

The shelf on the desk.

 

The set of shelves next to desk.

 

The set of shelves in the corner.

 

The tub full of warmahordes in the backroom, mostly (not all) unpainted...

 

...3 Bones Kickstarters worth of 99.99% unpainted plastic...

 

This is fine.

 

Well, no worries, I have a full desk of "projects" and drawers/cabinets full of little boxes containing armies worth of minis.

And of course the 3D Library is probably bigger now than the Library of Alexandria was..😃

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Well, no worries, I have a full desk of "projects" and drawers/cabinets full of little boxes containing armies worth of minis.

And of course the 3D Library is probably bigger now than the Library of Alexandria was..😃

It gets into the terabytes FAST, doesn't it?

 

Mostly Patreon.

 

LOTS of Patreons.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

It gets into the terabytes FAST, doesn't it?

 

Mostly Patreon.

 

LOTS of Patreons.

And the discounts they provide...OPR's 70% made me buy all the doggies from the Jackal faction and some other stuff . .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

And the discounts they provide...OPR's 70% made me buy all the doggies from the Jackal faction and some other stuff . .

They have had that 70% off for a full YEAR!

 

Passing goal, after goal, after goal.

 

Sometimes two or three in a month.

 

The jackals are awesome, with demons and space lizards coming up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

They have had that 70% off for a full YEAR!

 

Passing goal, after goal, after goal.

 

Sometimes two or three in a month.

 

The jackals are awesome, with demons and space lizards coming up.

 

Those Jackals are the first Scifi Army I like and will paint them ( ALL!!!) I'll stick around at least for July and August.

Loyalty in August is something for the Jackals.

Plus there will be a Legendary Lizardmen Unit/Beast then.

And I have seen the Heavy Gunner Beasts for July :

 

 

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-10 172729.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-10 172748.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Those Jackals are the first Scifi Army I like and will paint them ( ALL!!!) I'll stick around at least for July and August.

Loyalty in August is something for the Jackals.

Plus there will be a Legendary Lizardmen Unit/Beast then.

And I have seen the Heavy Gunner Beasts for July :

 

 

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-10 172729.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-10 172748.jpg

They are moving far away from just being GW proxies. ::):

 

Are you tempted to sculpt bunny ears on the heavy gunner beasts, too?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

They are moving far away from just being GW proxies. ::):

 

Are you tempted to sculpt bunny ears on the heavy gunner beasts, too?

Those won't be bunny ears - they will be kangaroo ears.

 

And now... these drongos have an Aussie accent.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

They are moving far away from just being GW proxies

I for one am really glad for this not that I mind gw proxies, but OPR had developed such a unique style and I love it

 

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone has some more background/lore for those Jackals aside from "scavengers who hitchike throught he Galaxy?)

Deciding on square or round bases.

I usually like squares, don't play the game, but since they're scifi figures maybe rounds?

Edited by Glitterwolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2022 at 2:58 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Does anyone has some more background/lore for those Jackals aside from "scavengers who hitchike throught he Galaxy?)

Deciding on square or round bases.

I usually like squares, don't play the game, but since they're scifi figures maybe rounds?

About all I know is that they salvaged a Robot Legions ship, and jerry rigged it back to a semi-functional state.

 

OPR is planning to expand the lore this year.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, Glitterwolf said:

 

Those Jackals are the first Scifi Army I like and will paint them ( ALL!!!) I'll stick around at least for July and August.

Loyalty in August is something for the Jackals.

Plus there will be a Legendary Lizardmen Unit/Beast then.

And I have seen the Heavy Gunner Beasts for July :

 

 

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-10 172729.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-10 172748.jpg

OPR had a link to a video painting the woofs. https://youtu.be/8hEcfMCW4jk

 

A nice desert dog palette.

 

The Auld Grump

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

About all I know is that they salvaged a Robot Legions ship, and jerry rigged it back to a semi-functional state.

 

OPR is planning to expand the lore this year.

OPR had a link to a video painting the woofs. https://youtu.be/8hEcfMCW4jk

 

A nice desert dog palette.

 

The Auld Grump

 

 

 

I have that one bookmarked as well as others.

My Jackal Force will be painted with Wild African Dogs / Australian Dingos as references, maybe throw in a Fennec Fox or something like that.

Of course true Jackals/Coyotes/Wolves and even Dobermann Dogs come to mind.

I will have me some fun..

 

DISCLAIMER

WOOF is in no way upgrading it's forces with heavy weapons and big monsters.

This blatant M.E.O.W. propaganda HAS to stop!

 

WOOF will never push that red button...

*** SIR, I just pushed the button***

 

YOU WHAT?

Burns Release the Hounds.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Printer is back up and running after spending a little longer than planned in downtime to change out three linear rails and wire in two Nevermore v5 Duo's, and of course I wanted to give a new filament a whirl... 

 

20220619_224550.thumb.jpg.9392e34e2436cfdfc972da0c898f5304.jpg20220619_224602.thumb.jpg.ed1fd834b67f2b2118827870500c5dac.jpg

 

Upon seeing it, hubby said he wanted one that was bigger.  Okay, I think we can do "a little" bigger...  300% scale bigger is about the height of a can of Coca-Cola... 

20220620_052622.thumb.jpg.9a30c1d0aca572d1f41edf66b677b439.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

500% version was more or less successful, but ran into a few issues probably related to how the file is designed to be used.  So there's now a 225mm tall (562.5% scale or something like that) with supports on the deck, aaaand here's how big boy turned out. 

 

Replitech Vivid Purple 

 

100% scale is in Polymaker Orange ABS, and looks tiny by comparison! 

 

20220621_194150.thumb.jpg.0babd3f8b899941886544e1e865cf4a2.jpg

20220621_194201.thumb.jpg.8f72df94cdb5cb1de706c5d0dbbeab66.jpg

20220621_194208.thumb.jpg.bede75d4377ed3276331f5e9087aa8d3.jpg

20220621_194214.thumb.jpg.8fcdee8f323ad25702ca82f498dfbe75.jpg

 

Aaaand the obligatory "Sazabi scale" pic... 

20220621_194234.thumb.jpg.68694fd17f61055ef7f2b82cbca61ccc.jpg

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...