Print Successes

4 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Shame?  I'm not ashamed of my work area, I'm rather rlroud of it!  I've got everything where I want it, and it's a space for hobbying.  A desk that's showroom ready is a desk that only collects dust...  Work desks should look like they're being used ^_^

Well shame as in a "Shelf of Shame". the kind we poke fun of. I'm sure if I ever clean off mine, I'll actually find a desk under there, hell might even find something I didn't even know I wanted, ha ha.

• Like 3

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooh, I like how you did that. 

Thanks 🙂
The wooden box is from a French wine set from Costco.  Those are seasonal for Thanks Giving / Christmas.  You get 4 bottles for $29.99.  They are back this year, as I just saw them at my local Costco last week.  It's not a perfect fit, but pretty darn close 🙂

Edited by Zloyduh
  • Like 4

I'm going to say this is SEVERAL print successes. several rounds of successful prints of the beastmen, plust several rounds of successful prints on the bases (using the base customizer I wrote, more below) and successful prints on the texture rollers to roll out the air-dry clay base toppers. (roll out clay was actually faster and cheaper than printing resin bases)

20221025_123613.thumb.jpg.5ddcefb8b0cf3c916fed181f2ff53f08.jpg

On to the bases - Didn't get any good pictures of them but i've uploaded the customizer for them to thingiverse.  Basically, you can put in the criteria for any base size and the number of magnets you want on the bottom of it. you can controll things like top thickness, wall thickness, bevel amount, etc.  It makes elipse shaped bases with any ratio, as well as any rectangular shape and now supports hexagonal bases too.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good thing hubby reminded me I could 3d print a jar, I'd actually forgotten such.  It's going to be nice ocne I have a few more of these so all my brushes can be in matching containers... 

20221120_225227.thumb.jpg.a5b3a9ef3a8504bca8c1ccef0e39978f.jpg

Sparta3D Cloud Grey Sparkle ABS+ at 105% is just about right for what I wanted! ^_^

• Like 7

Got a few more of the spiral planters printed... 

20221124_114051.thumb.jpg.f2929f5083be2914a2c0b264fa83966e.jpg

20221124_114120.thumb.jpg.95b379a7c90f8b6122b2d1931dff0033.jpg

And I also printed a drippy pail for tool storage at the gunpla bench... 

20221125_062307.thumb.jpg.3b5f1a4661c81f1a5b4f6b10d0ef0d5c.jpg

I'd show the second pic of the drippy pail, but it seems to not want to properly upload that pic.  Pail printed in 3dFuel Autumn Orange and Charcoal Grey Pro PLA. 

• Like 6

Managed to get this biggun printed before running out of resin, Lord of the Prints' Titan Tarrasque.4 It's about the same size as their previous 'Not-Gojira', although the base is significantly larger. Like the Gojira I really like the details on this one, broken trees and small buildings left from the town it just stomped through.

Everything fit together nicely with minimal seam lines or gaps. Except for the back part of the base, but it was nothing a bit of milliput couldn't fix.

Also, interesting design I noticed as I was putting it together. Everything is sort of... backwards? All the spikes are swooping forward instead of back. The spikes on the Thagomizer are also on the bottom and sides, instead of the top.

20221214_133152.thumb.jpg.45a8424d8e1653abdbf2bdfb09350477.jpg

20221214_133131.thumb.jpg.5435f39abcf3e7ccfd6e9df6f5cff424.jpg20221214_133045.thumb.jpg.a3de105ab80fee3a32f776a4b2055910.jpg20221213_204038.thumb.jpg.1f4f0f90346264b7679de46d948ae35c.jpg

Edited by Illithar
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Awesome sculpt. It definitely has me tempted to back this month. How much resin for that and what did you print it on?

It was about half a bottle I'd say, maybe a bit more. Everything is hollow except for the two big spikes on the shoulders and the broken bridge on the base, which are separate pieces. Printed using Sirayatech Fast Navy Grey on a Saturn 2.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Cool, so about as much as the Cast n Play huge red dragon I’m about to print. Did it fit on one build plate?

No. The base itself was a build plate. But, there is a version of it that is one piece that could technically fit on one plate with some extra bits along with it, like the arms and the shoulder spikes. It also does not come pre-supported and probably wouldn't fit in my wash and cure anyway if I did my own.. Plus the angling would be kind of weird. Other than that I was able to fit everything but the two tail pieces on one plate. It was about 2.25 plates.

• Like 6

Finally recovered enough from my surgery  to start playing around with the Saturn 2. 

20221217_IMG_0557.thumb.JPG.b8f9aca974f1492af18823340524a95f.JPG

Very happy with it so far.  These are from Order 66's Heresy Empire KS, the Star Wars Empire envisioned in the style of 40k.

They are all one piece prints for the Saturn 2, expect the lightsaber one comes in 4 pieces (blade, left hand with orc, and pilot who is making a rude gesture at said orc). All the pre-supports worked pretty well. The gatling gun could use a couple more supports on the bottom barrel, but that's about it.

All printed in standard grey...some Anycubic and some Elegoo....

• Like 6