Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Awesome!

 

Also...she looks familiar, where is she from?

She's Dalila, Swordswoman from RNEStudio, not sure if she is based on a particular character from elsewhere.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Illithar said:

She's Dalila, Swordswoman from RNEStudio, not sure if she is based on a particular character from elsewhere.

RNEstudio, that's where I saw her.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more odds and ends I've printed.First up Dutch Modul's Stormsinger off Thingiverse. with a Fireforge russian. I made this a bit smaller than original to fit with my russians. Should have left him full size maybe. Not finished painting and it's not the most spectacular mini but I'm impressed his spindly little arms turned out. Spear was a bit crappy so it's becoming a knotty stick instead.

 

IMG_8771.thumb.JPG.39549754f7a2ff403a4fcefc6e169d2f.JPG

 

Then a space dwarf ranger next to an old GW squat. At one time I owned nearly every squat model GW made. Still dream about having an army of them. These rangers fit right in so I'm printing out a squad. This was the first as a size test.

 

IMG_8772.thumb.JPG.976d79db9c0a552f755020105598fbde.JPG

 

Roof and 2nd level of an Ulvheim house printed as fast as I think is reasonable while still looking ok The background in these pics is a painted failed print of the bottom level.

 

IMG_8775.thumb.JPG.a433f429780cb6d3736e26c2f29328b6.JPG

 

My pride and joy Battletech imp. This took a lot of work mostly in learning how to use various programs for the conversion. The final version was around 10 hours I think and that was after I mostly knew what I was doing. The urban mech in the pic is to show what he started out as. Different model but I used an urban mech stl as my starting point. Removing and filling in the holes by the jump jets was the biggest amount of work. The back still looks terrible when zoomed in on the stl but not bad at all on the mini itself. There's a few things I may still tweak in the future but for now I'm happy.

 

IMG_8773.thumb.JPG.b5cee4c46fbe1b16bed1c275f67ba49c.JPGIMG_8774.thumb.JPG.23199806a2e628bd6c4a0a81d0f7dfab.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

I like the way that the Siraya smoky black turned out here.

 

image.png.91202513f746d22519fb0fa2d2ebfcf8.png

I like that color. I will have to get some. And looks good on the spiders. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

I like the way that the Siraya smoky black turned out here.

 

image.png.91202513f746d22519fb0fa2d2ebfcf8.png

Oh I like that.  Wish we could get it up here without insane shipping charges.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

I like the way that the Siraya smoky black turned out here.

 

image.png.91202513f746d22519fb0fa2d2ebfcf8.png

 

That would make for great shadow miniatures without the hassle of spraying Tamiya smoke. Have you sprayed a matte spray on it? If so, does it dull the trans effect? (only drawback of the Tamiya smoke color, dullcoat wipes out the effort of spraying)

 

My last 4 prints have turned out really nice. I printed off a cage from Cast N Play today & was kinda worried about the pre-supports as they were wild compared to what I'd normally use for supports. Cage came out great & will look nice in play next week or next (depending on our schedule). White Wolf Tavern: Furious Werewolf came out great as well. I'm not sure if I'll go the extra mile & print off the custom base. I'll probably just use a Reaper plastic base. Finally, Fabio Schizzo wereboar came out great as well. Glad I went with that one for this Friday's game.

 

(pics will be posted later)

 

I will admit, each could be tighten up a bit on details, but I'm at a happy spot for my printing, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, haldir said:

 

That would make for great shadow miniatures without the hassle of spraying Tamiya smoke. Have you sprayed a matte spray on it? If so, does it dull the trans effect? (only drawback of the Tamiya smoke color, dullcoat wipes out the effort of spraying)

I have not.  I'm still at the goofing off stage with the printer, and trying various resins (and this was cheaper than some of the other colors, and since I expect to lose prints still, cheap is good).  I'll probably spray a couple of the spaceships with a matte finish and some different primers, to see what I like and what works well.  Pics when I do it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...