16 hours ago, Humansquish said:

But that's the awesome thing about the monochrome LCD, quality & speed.

The thing is, the plague didn't alter my work schedule at all. I'll hit start, go to work, come back and see how it did.  So if a print takes 5 hours or 8 hours its all the same to me. Or to put it another way, if an extra 30 minutes of print time gives me 1% fewer failures I may as well do it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

201204-lost-adventures-blight-dragon-1.jpg?w=745

From Lost Adventures / Lost Dragons: The  Blight Dragon. Printed in a single piece on my Elegoo Mars Pro. 
I made an 80x130mm base for it, printed on my Creality Ender 3 Pro. You can see the print lines clearly in the pic. This illustrates the differences in PLA and Resin prints.

• Like 8
6 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

I'm amazed at how many minis I can get out of a liter of resin.  There are another dozen or so not pictured here (because they are on my painting table), and there was still some resin left.

131154060_856427148438702_2345384462200218335_n.jpg

And you can also save resin by positioning the models or hollowing the bigger ones.

For example a 28mm human standing upright will take much more time than when you lay it on it's back ( supported of course).

Laying them at between 35 and 65 degrees angle seems to reduct the amount of supports required quite a lot. Some requires the least if they're printed upside down. 

If you can slightly reduce the diameter, or the thickness of the raft(if you use one) it will also help.

I'm preparing to print the Goat Woman, and since the figure is so large, I had to lay it down anyhow, and when I generated supports, they were only 20% of the total resin. (76ml in total)

That's without arms or base, though. No room on the build platform for those.

I haven't hollowed it, yet, though.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Laying them at between 35 and 65 degrees angle seems to reduct the amount of supports required quite a lot. Some requires the least if they're printed upside down. 

If you can slightly reduce the diameter, or the thickness of the raft(if you use one) it will also help.

Most of the ones I have been printing were designed to be printed without supports, or with minimal ones.  One of his previous KS require supports, but the weight of the raft and supports is still pretty negligible compared to the miniatures, though I concede that, over a year or so, it is definitely going to add up.  It's still well under $.50 per mini, if I ignore the cost of the printer itself.

• Like 3

Looks good!  My printer is down until sometime tomorrow - I put a pinprick hole in the FEP yesterday or today, and found out only when I went to switch resins.  So, got to take apart tank and clean the cured resin off it, and decided I would just move the printer tomorrow across the room to where I really wanted to put it when I got it.

• Like 2

So after many failed prints (tried a new resin combo that worked great on the test files, both the cityscape and the flat one) and getting ready to bang my head against a table, I switched resins to Epax hard resin and finally had some success... this is on my Saturn.  Been trying some water washable elegoo resin on the Mars with reasonable results.  
i really like the feel of this epax resin.  I used their settings though I did reduce the bottom layer curing time by 1s as the first try I though I was going to need a hammer and chisel to remove the prints.  One second less ans they came off like I’m used to.  

goblins are from TytanTroll Miniatures

Transhuman Girl from Duncan Shadow

Undead Stormtrooper and vampire Batman are from GoYo works. 

FA6A179F-56CC-4E7C-8C55-16360EFA61E3.thumb.jpeg.41e1c87ae4f9968d4df10afaf7440faa.jpeg

E54EB618-A42D-4789-8A89-C8267C78F118.thumb.jpeg.9b137334b0a42e4cd674dbe142e2f562.jpeg

Also printed up a bunch of heroforge figures that a buddy designed for his family.  Made 2 sizes of each on the Mars after so many failures on the Saturn with the previous resin mix. 
DD458A5A-100E-43A5-9082-0E2E1C0C51E8.thumb.jpeg.6ce313568d895f3c369f74d64a9a282e.jpeg

• Like 6