Sign in to follow this  
lowlylowlycook

Terrain Youtubers

I thought I'd start a thread where we could share our favorite Terrain Youtubers.   Most of what I watch if for wargaming and I like things on the cheaper and quicker side.  Definitely lose interest if someone starts laying down individual bricks to make a wall.    Feel free to post your favorites below.

Terrain Made Easy:  A newer channel that concentrates on quick and cheap terrain.  Would be a great channel for someone just getting started and needing something for their space marines or stormtroopers to fight over.

Luke's APS: Usually does more realistic scenery but doesn't want to waste a lot of time doing it.  Once I get working on some fantasy ruins I'll have to rewatch a lot of his vids.  Also does a lot of experiments trying to reproduce commercial products.  Has a store that sells flocks different colored sand, etc.

Wylock's Armory: Does a lot of terrain for DnD but also some very well thought out modular terrain for 40k or other sci-fi games.  

Eric's Hobby Workshop: Has other videos but all his future industrial stuff is AMAZING.  AMAZING.

The Terrain Tutor:  Been doing, whatchamacallit... terrain videos for donkeys years.  Has everything from tutorials to experiments to yearly tours of the tables at Salute.  Definitely makes things easy with his "that's not a mistake just a place to add some clump foliage" vibe.  Has had health and family problems lately but apparently he's finished work on the terrain book he kickstarted so hopefully he will be able to get back to making vids.  

• Like 5

Can't link as I'm at work and can't open YouTube but:

( link now working if you don't want to scroll down to @lowlylowlycook's link)

Black Magic Craft:  Canadian Youtuber who left the construction trades to go full time.  He has a bunch of videos for all levels of skill (he loves his foam cutter but shows how to do the same thing with just a utility knife and straight edge).  He does build some building from individual blocks, but he had plenty of videos as well.  He focuses mainly in building terrain for RPGs, but he just got bit by the Warhammer bug so there has been some more wargaming stuff.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Can't link as I'm at work and can't open YouTube but:

Black Magic Craft:  Canadian Youtuber who left the construction trades to go full time.  He has a bunch of videos for all levels of skill (he loves his foam cutter but shows how to do the same thing with just a utility knife and straight edge).  He does build some building from individual blocks, but he had plenty of videos as well.  He focuses mainly in building terrain for RPGs, but he just got bit by the Warhammer bug so there has been some more wargaming stuff.

Here is the link Definitely watched some of his stuff which might explain all the hacked apart water guns I have laying about.

15 minutes ago, Clearman said:

PaeperCuts - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiU2lFWyrmuwpV0AbDCqqUg

He doesn't post very frequently, but he's probably my favorite Youtuber creating terrain.

That reminds me of Crooked Staff Terrain.  He does 2.5D foamcore based dungeon terrain.  The textures are on Drive Through RPG on a pay what you want basis (including free). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Luke Towan - can't have a terrain list without this guy! More of a railroad and realistic diorama modeller, but you can adapt his stuff for any diorama, and some realistic D&D/wargaming terrain. And he's got a sweet Aussie accent.

Terranscapes - no longer does videos, but he's got a collection of stuff that might inspire and instruct.

• Like 2