Sign in to follow this  
TGP

INKtober 2020 / DRAWlloween / DrawnToFantober

Inktober 25, "A Couple of Fun Guys", Prompts: Buddy, Myconid, Selcouth.
Watercolour on 140lb cold press.

25Myconid.thumb.jpg.a54afe6d2230718012382dcf4f7c320d.jpg

I didn't even get into 'how do you get a myconid high (certain gasses? Acid? o.O ). 

I got looking at different kinds of fungus while I was painting the Fungal Queen, and it came in handy here. Although I think the Amanita worked better here than it did there. ;p

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Inktober 26, "Lunch serves themselves" Prompts: Hide, Roper, Ochlophobist.

26Hide.thumb.jpg.2e2e184506fef0e6ea548400077bee82.jpg

... okay, yes, that last one is a bit of a stretch. Sue me, I was having fun. ;p

Side note, I can totally understand someone having a fear of crowds. There doesn't seem to be anything irrational about it!

• Like 9

Inktober 27, "Hear that?" Prompts: Music, Glitter, Almiraj, Petrichor, Island.

27Almiraj.thumb.jpg.df6e51bd2d3657937c96db10d484fc09.jpg

Who'da thunk drawing bunnicorns would be ... well, I guess 'easy' ... 

Petrichor is one of my most favoritest smells, so... figuring out how to work that in? Oh, yes, that was happening.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Intober 28, "Adrift" Prompts: Float, Oz.

27Float.thumb.jpg.9705bb03b5af04d610d8f98111eb8fc7.jpg

Well. I couldn't figure out how to work Deliciate into this; so, you get this instead.

• Like 7

Inktober 29; "The Cobbler" Prompts: Shoes, Fey

29Fey.thumb.jpg.56e28dfe181a035129257d17dffbcb86.jpg

So, I pulled from a reference for this one. It's probably visible (kudos to anyone who actually tracks down the photo I used).

Couldn't get Gillygaupus into this one, but, hey, I got three for two, on account of two lists having the same prompt for today.

• Like 7

Inktober 30, "Uh Guys..?" Prompts: Ominous, Elemental.

30Ominous.thumb.jpg.9701337fdc2a8efc8de65d39d9864bcc.jpg

I may have missed an opportunity to abuse my ability to draw the human form and throw a little sci-fi into the blend here, but... well, this was also fun.

Didn't manage to get any gamboling in this one, either; prompts just didn't want to line up.

• Like 7

Day 31:

31-Adventurer.thumb.jpg.84de5f5c1c7137d653d1c006d84a9e49.jpg

Sir Bruce of Oz (no relation to the Wizard).

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Inktober 31, "I SAID Turn!" Prompts: Crawl, Free draw from your imagination, Victorious, Adventurer. 
Mixed media, Watercolour and ink on 140lb cold press.

31Adventurer.thumb.jpg.c3ff87b41e0eb4a1966b164522a9b989.jpg

Holy BALLS, what a ride. So, this is .. again, one of my characters (who's surprised, anyone? No? Didn't think so), doin' what she does.

I could probably have worked 'Imprecation' into this, but .. well, would have been a bit of a sell. 

I'm not sure, given a choice, whether I'd do this again with watercolour; while it worked, and I enjoyed the heck out of it, it was also kinda ... time consuming. ^^;

So, who knows. We'll see how next year goes. 

And, 'cause I'm betting some of you are curious, I'mma drop a spoiler here with a photo and rough list of the tools I was using.

Spoiler

Inktober2020Tools.thumb.jpg.163f6560ab420a3840520d8fc3f2570a.jpg

Arright! First, we have the paper; as I said, that was 140lb cold press; that's a Canson sketchbook. I went through one and a half of them, this year.

Next we have paint; I was using Paul Ruben watercolours. Yes, the cases are regrettably pink. I .. don't care. The paints are good, the cases are nice, and I overall approve. The one with the Girl Genius sticker is non-metallics; the cases being identical .. *sigh* I'm of mixed feelings about the metallics; I like them, but they're one of those things where they're a niche toy. 

Mechanical pencil! This is a Sakura 127, .7. I usually prefer a .5, but.. I don't have one with a decent eraser, so.. meh.

I do have a white plastic eraser, 'cause Staedtler is the Stuff.

Pens ran the board; I have a lot of Sakura Microns, some Pigmas and a bunch of white gel pens for highlighting and what not. I did at least one with Copics and some of my Prismacolour markers, but at that point, I was out of room, and so my Copics didn't get into this picture.

Brushes. Aside from the Royal and Zelnickel 0 that got a lot of my detail work, I was using three out of a set of six Ooku synthetics; they hold water (distilled, in this case), in the handle. Squeeze = BLORT! ... that took some getting used to, but I like them for BLORT!-friendly painting. Less good for detail work, sadly, but that's what the 0 was for. And occasionally the Sakuras.

And that, ladies, gents and rainbows of all persuasions, has been Inktober at Thornehaus! I've been enjoying the heck out of everyone else's work, and I hope the feeling's been mutual. ^_^ 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Holy BALLS, what a ride. So, this is .. again, one of my characters (who's surprised, anyone? No? Didn't think so), doin' what she does.

I could probably have worked 'Imprecation' into this, but .. well, would have been a bit of a sell. 

And that, ladies, gents and rainbows of all persuasions, has been Inktober at Thornehaus! I've been enjoying the heck out of everyone else's work, and I hope the feeling's been mutual. ^_^ 

I hear ya sister!

I have never done anything of the sort in the past, for such a long period, same medium (digital drawing on tablet), and with self-imposed deadlines (one a day), . Not doing any serious drawing in years, I had no idea what my skill level was anymore. But comparing my first drawings on Sketchbook Pro (where I knew next to nothing about how to use the app) to the later ones, I surprised myself with the improvements.

There's something to this "practice" thing I keep hearing about.

BTW, here's the list of words you made me Google all month:

• Scurryfunge (cleaning in a rush)
  • Ungapatchka (overdone, tacky)
  • Pulchritudinous (beautiful)
  • Kilderkin (half a barrel size)
  • Illaqueate (ensnare)
  • Weltschmerz (world-weary melancholy)
  • Malagrugrous (dismal, gloomy)
  • Aglifft (frightened, alarmed)
  • Quakebuttock (coward)
  • Selcouth (unfamiliar, wondrous)
  • Ochlophobist (one who fears crowds)
  • Petrichor (earthy scent after rain on dry soil)

P.S. It gave autocorrect a seizure, and interestingly enough a new list of "corrected" prompts.

• Like 4

I can't take credit for the word list; that was someone in the Reaper Discord. But I had to look up a bunch of them myself (actually, all of them, just to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything. The ones I knew, I mostly knew correctly). 

Petrichor is one of my favorite smells, and I have a vague recollection of being charmed the first time I learned what the scent is called.

I hope I'm not the only one hoping they do another such prompt list next year; this one was a lot of fun, and educational to boot!

• Like 4