Sign in to follow this  
Fencig

Goblin War giant by Mirliton

A search did not show this ever posted here as a finished model. Anyone here ever build this one?  or should i say any masochists here tackle this  one? Glitterwolf i know you own it, still in the box?  At well over $100. and probably 2 pounds of metal, it seems like the ultimate " oh Fook what i have done" type of project :)

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 2:54 PM, Fencig said:

A search did not show this ever posted here as a finished model. Anyone here ever build this one?  or should i say any masochists here tackle this  one? Glitterwolf i know you own it, still in the box?  At well over $100. and probably 2 pounds of metal, it seems like the ultimate " oh Fook what i have done" type of project :)

Built and sold one about... twenty years ago, now? Thirty?

When it was still lead. A lot more than two pounds.I would be surprised if the pewter version weighs less than four.

I still have another, that I have never assembled.

Pinning is absolutely necessary, as is using epoxy putty to seal the joins.

The sculpt is fairly crude and rudimentary - but looks great.

The gobbos are rather small, by current standards, but that giant is enormous by any standard.

Is he worth over $100?...

Maybe - the beast is huge, and has a presence that stands out, even now.

He will be the centerpiece for the army - and will soak up far more than his fair share of fire being directed in his way.

• Like 3

thanks for the info. Ultimately i didn't win the one one E-bay, and part of me was relieved. I've come a long way with this Hobby but still don't think I'm ready for something like this kit.

• Like 2

I have it!

Still in the box it was one of my Holy Grails so to speak always wanted one since I saw the original.

It was in a display box in a store a that time, but I couldn't afford it.

I bought the Mirliton one a few years ago.

It will get painted, but as always other projects are getting in the way.

Maybe I should just get it out of the box one of these days and paint it.

The Goblins are actually Hobgoblins according to Grenadier.

They differ from the D&D ones.

I will field it as a Giant in my Horde of the North project.

I like to create armies, but I don't play.

This does mean I'm free to include whatever I want.

As for the price!

On Mirliton's Website it's € 87,43 ( without VAT). In Dollars that's about $ 103.

They're in Italy, I ordered it from them a few years ago and have ordered several times from them, no problem.

image.png.a624ca16e39ef04167a9d478764a5722.png

• Like 4

Mine -original 80s Grenadier lead- weighs in at 1340grams, which is just a smidgen under 3 pounds. But I think I am missing at least one of the shields, and maybe some goblins. I will need to revisit it at some point, it is in a sorry state of unfinished disprepair.

Pewter is lighter than lead, but I dont know how much lighter it would be. This is a kind of model that would benefit greatly from being redone in modern resins.

• Like 2

I probably could have won this one for $40-$50., it looked complete but no guarantees. Alas, i chickened out at the last minute.  At over 3 pounds and 8 inches tall I'm not it would even fit into my case.

You guys should paint yours, there are none on this forum that i could find and your both more than qualified to paint this one up well