At the very end of the Lost Valley, the bossfight: Clubtail!

200930-reaper-bones-4-44076-clubtail-1.j

A plant eating 4-ton tank armed with a deadly morning star tail, an armoured hide with spikes, -a fantasy version of an Ankylosaur. The clubtail is larger than the fossil record of Ankylosaur supports. Also the spikes are overstated in comparison. A lot.

At any rate, the Ankylosaur was contemporary with the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Triceratops. All are from what is now North America in the late Cretaceous period, roughly 68 million years ago. It needed that armour.  The question remains: What did it use the club-like tail for? To smesh predators? Rivals? Trees? An impressive display to attract mates? All of the above?

And the clubtail has spikes. Did I mention the spikes?

200930-reaper-bones-4-44076-clubtail-2.j 200930-reaper-bones-4-44076-clubtail-7.j 200930-reaper-bones-4-44076-clubtail-3.j 200930-reaper-bones-4-44076-clubtail-4.j 200930-reaper-bones-4-44076-clubtail-5.j 200930-reaper-bones-4-44076-clubtail-6.j

I detest painting spikes. It takes absolutely ages and I invariably lose patience and botch the job. These look OK for tabletop but do not stand up to close scrutiny at all. At least it is done. Together with the entire Lost Valley Expansion! Woot!

200930-reaper-bones-4-44076-clubtail-con

The Clubtail is, in fact, the distant forebearer of the modern day Dragon Tortoise aka Koopa.

I made it a 125mm x 100mm base.

44076 Clubtail

from the Lost Valley Expansion

Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019

Reaper Miniatures

Sculpted by Jason Wiebe

Made in Bones Black PVC

125x100mm bespoke 3D printed base

available from reapermini.com

• Like 22

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      I have been slightly less of a workaholic in May than in April, so I have been able to do some quartely challenges as well as the monthlies. I am probably not going to be able to paint anything else this month, so here goes.
      These were all painted for the Reaper challenge league May, and again, squeezed in between work. So, low effort speed painting is the key. which also shows that is it possible to get quite decent results in a short time as long as you accept there will be some rough bits.

there are some pictures below

• By Smallbunyanga
      Blacktooth Terror from Bones 4 painted like Bells Phase Lace Monitor(photo for reference included).
      C&C please.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, some more metal models today. Mostly painted using dry brushing and tapping technique. Here is my take on Jason Wiebe's 02897 Hellhounds. I intend to use these Dark Heaven Legends models as Dire Wolf in my D&D games. I really like them, they will also fit as Worg or even Barghest if the opportunity arises. I painted them with Reaper MSP paint and fixed them on 50mm bases.

• By Metalchaos
      Good Friday everyone, I just took some pictures of the 02479, Ettin I completed last night. This is a Dark Heaven Legends metal model that was sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It stand on a 50mm base and I painted it with Reaper MSP paint. Coincidently, I was delighted to see the amazing upcoming two-headed Troll also sculpted by Jason Wiebe that was announced last night during Reaper Live #117 on Twitch. (see the image under spoiler and the end of the post).

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here is my spirit of the forest 02690, Owlbear. It was sculpted by Jason Wiebe. I placed it on a 50mm base and painted it with Reaper MSP paint.
      I already had painted this model 10 years ago, you can see the other version here.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)