Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

[Insert Funny Topic Title Here](October Hobby Goals)

I'm in the process of cleaning my paint area so I can start a new project.  What that project will be... I'm not sure yet.  I should do something big for the forum contests.

• Like 6

Paint a dragon.  I haven't painted one in 2020!   down from an average of 3 per year. 

paint 4-5 others , likely bones villagers (4 are primed, 1 base-coated) 

tinker with Diorama. 

• Like 7

I'm just going to go with "paint more" because I've been playing a lot of Elite:Dangerous... And enjoying it! 

• Like 5

Tyrants of Lothal boxed set and expansions:

• 4 Death Troopers
  • 4 Lothcat bases
  • 1 "Retired" Clone Trooper
  • 1 Devoronian Cyborg
  • Kanan Jarrus
  • Sabine Wren
  • Ezra Bridger
  • Zeb Orrelious
  • Thrawn
  • Hondo Ohnaka
  • Like 6

The hunt for (shaded and highlighted) Red October. 

Aims are to knock some projects on the head and avoid glueing/priming/liner washing any new models til some are painted and off the other end of the factory line. 

These should include finishing the Pig Faced Orcs and the vikings I've got ready. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Leopardpixie said:

Paint more! because I havent been painting

Yeah, that sounds right. Specifically going to try and push to finish my russians by the end of the year. Should be easily possible in a couple weeks but not at the speed I've been painting this year so I'll say months instead. Slight possibility I might try doing the Halloween idea I started last year.

• Like 7

Only one goal this month, and that's to finish assembling the Mantic gore riders from last month. I just have the riders to clean up and assemble, going to have to straighten some pieces. Might be tough to get even that done. Molly has her lipoma removed next week, and they said it could take up to three weeks for her to fully recover if she develops a seroma (fluid where the lump was removed), and I'll be babying her with treats.

• Like 7

In keeping with my long term goals for the year in October I plan to:

• Paint one more soldier for Rangers of Shadow Deep
  • Paint a character miniature for D&D
  • Paint my last four Hasslefree figures
  • Paint this month's Mithril miniature
  • Vote early in this year's election

My hobby goals for 2020 include:

• Painting more miniatures for Rangers of Shadow Deep and Frostgrave games (22 so far)
  • Entering at least two miniature painting contests (and the monthly Frostgrave contest) -Check!
  • Painting some sci-fi minis for the game Slipstream (20 so far)
  • Painting all the figures in my annual box (2 remain)
  • Painting a Mithril miniature each month [On track with 10]
  • Like 8

I have to go with paint more, since I only had 2 painting sessions last month.  Work has been crazy busy, so I have been completely drained when I finished each work day.  But increment planning is now over, so maybe more brush time is in my future.

• Like 6

Life has gotten in the way of hobby lately.

So my main goal would be to hobby again, paint/print whatever.

I do hope I can at least finish my Cronosaurus ( Beast of Cronos - Antimatter Games).

EDIT:

Ok I got fed up with this and painted today!

I even finished the Cronosaurus and will put up pics soon.

SHOW OFF 

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93252-beast-of-cronos-by-glitterwolf/

So next goals:

• Finish Rocketpig Miniatures - Sphinx
  • Finish Rocketpig Miniatures Necromare.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8

I'm hoping to finish the catfolk mini that I've been painting. There's also the Ahurian minis that I ordered last night that I want to get done...and have the conversions for the two cavalry done to get them differentiated from the one I'd done as a test. Not enough to get the force I want done for the game I'm planning for them, but it's a start (Most of the conversion parts are going to be from Fireforge Games Foot Sergeants parts that I've had for a while. (Really looking to see how different the Bones Black version of the riders are to the older one).

I'm also planning on basing the Mystic Circle that I got a while back (Adding the altar piece in the middle that I just acquired) since the pieces aren't stable anymore on their own...and there's a few dollar store things I'm working on for terrain (Building chunks for a giants graveyard...unfortunately, the Dollar Tree didn't have any of the really big pieces this year, I'd have loves a few to use. I've also got a few vendor stalls to work on in a slow project for a Gather thing, but the pieces don't seem to be restocked that often in the local dollar stores.

• Like 7