Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

[Insert Funny Topic Title Here](October Hobby Goals)

I have a scheduled stay-cation on the calendar from the 10th to the 17th.  While my wife is lobbying for a basement cleanup (and therefore that will happen), my goal is to finish enough Prince August home cast orcs and goblins to be one faction in a skirmish game (so, 10-12) so that I can finally run my all-pandemic game.  We’ll see...

• Like 10

Going to post some photos of plantmonsters, djinni, and Pleistocene megafauna.
Ordered some stuff too, so looking forward to painting a few cavepeople, the Tree of Despair, and others. 
Want to try to convert an anime heroine into a nurse, and a Chauru-Ka into a Monkey Business Associate.

• Like 7

On 10/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Life has gotten in the way of hobby lately.

So my main goal would be to hobby again, paint/print whatever.

I do hope I can at least finish my Cronosaurus ( Beast of Cronos - Antimatter Games).

EDIT:

Ok I got fed up with this and painted today!

I even finished the Cronosaurus and will put up pics soon.

SHOW OFF 

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93252-beast-of-cronos-by-glitterwolf/

So next goals:

• Finish Rocketpig Miniatures - Sphinx
  • Finish Rocketpig Miniatures Necromare.

Finished the Necromare and a Glatisant.

That leaves the Sphinx as the next goal

• Like 7

The original goal was to find something to inspire me to paint.  It was a miniature skirmish game that did it.  I finished three models and added highlights to eight others.  So I have a team of 11 and so far this month we have managed two games, at lunch on a picnic table we can set up with terrain.  Which led me to the next project, a terrain piece centered around the Reaper Bones Dumpster (80035).  And while digging through my very old paints I found some of the Reaper paints that had little skulls for agitators.  Those need to be on the terrain somewhere.

• Like 8

• 4 Death Troopers
  • 4 Lothcat bases
  • 1 "Retired" Clone Trooper
  • 1 Devoronian Cyborg
  • Kanan Jarrus
  • Sabine Wren
  • Ezra Bridger
  • Zeb Orrelious
  • Thrawn
  • Hondo Ohnaka

Mid-month update.  I've stalled out a bit on the Lothcats.  I just couldn't find any sort of inspiration, and I've been more tired/lazy than usual lately.  But I have inspiration now!  Tres is about halfway done.  I felt her "official" blue scheme lacked flavor, so I've decided to use purple instead.

• Like 6

So slowly getting back to painting. Almost finished painting 14 horses with a tiny bit of paint on their riders. Assembled a 20 man unit of druzhina (Firefogre plastic russians) and a bit of paint on half them. Still need to assemble 6 peasant archers and then everything will be assembled and primed. If I can keep the same pace or increase a bit I might have the whole army done by Halloween. It's around 200 minis so even though fairly low quality paint jobs still feel good about getting it done.

• Like 6

On 10/1/2020 at 3:10 PM, Brianuk said:

The hunt for (shaded and highlighted) Red October. 

Aims are to knock some projects on the head and avoid glueing/priming/liner washing any new models til some are painted and off the other end of the factory line. 

These should include finishing the Pig Faced Orcs and the vikings I've got ready. 

I've got the pig faced orcs done and some other things that were lying around. The main fun diversion/side project I had was to paint through all of the trolls and the Cave dwellers from Bones IV. I was spurred on by starting to see them in sale. 

• Like 7

On 10/1/2020 at 11:12 AM, ManvsMini said:

Only one goal this month, and that's to finish assembling the Mantic gore riders from last month. I just have the riders to clean up and assemble, going to have to straighten some pieces. Might be tough to get even that done. Molly has her lipoma removed next week, and they said it could take up to three weeks for her to fully recover if she develops a seroma (fluid where the lump was removed), and I'll be babying her with treats.

Going to have to take a mulligan on this month. Molly's surgery was planned, but now with my other dog Dixie having surgery this Friday and with Dad's broken leg, there's too much to do around the house for any reliable hobby time. Plus, with going in and out of doctor's offices, my nose is tired of wearing a mask and doesn't want to wear it when I am alone (the gore riders are resin minis, so they require one for the mold lines).

Edited by ManvsMini
clarification
  • Like 7

With Brutus being sick I had no time to paint.

Hope to get back to it soon, maybe this weekend if things improve enough.

• Like 6

On 10/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, Brianuk said:

I've got the pig faced orcs done and some other things that were lying around. The main fun diversion/side project I had was to paint through all of the trolls and the Cave dwellers from Bones IV. I was spurred on by starting to see them in sale. 

I've been quite good at sticking to projects this month. The pig faced orcs are done, the Bones IV creatures and trolls, and now some pirates. I am looking at some really nice undead humanoids that I got from Diehard miniatures. They are all primed and washed so would just need to rattle through them. 

• Like 8

On 10/24/2020 at 7:56 AM, Brianuk said:

I've been quite good at sticking to projects this month. The pig faced orcs are done, the Bones IV creatures and trolls, and now some pirates. I am looking at some really nice undead humanoids that I got from Diehard miniatures. They are all primed and washed so would just need to rattle through them. 

And on halloween as we are about to go into a national lockdown in England again, I painted 70 minis in October. I was fairly disciplined and finished off some projects, and am now looking to carry on the trend and clear out all of the minis Ive taken out of the loft and arrayed around my desk, before the end of the year. A lot of these are Bones 4, which I am trying to complete before delivery of Bones 5. Am about half way through the core and expansions. 

• Like 3

The last couple weeks have been..."not good" (way too much adulting going on).  I've gotten more paint on the Loth-cats, the cyborg is done, Thrawn is mostly done, and Ohnaka as well.

Those are all going to be put on hold as my next project has a deadline.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get a move on.

• Like 4

I said that I wanted to finished 10-12 Prince August orcs and such for a skirmish game.  It’s taken until the end of the month, but I just put the final spray coat on numbers 7-9, with 1-6 having been done yesterday.  Better than a slap in the face with a dead fish, I suppose...

• Like 5

So I did in fact clean and prime a large mini.  However given free time may become an issue in December I sat it aside to start on my Secret Sophie mini. So you can probably guess what my goal for next month is...

• Like 4

On 9/30/2020 at 7:47 PM, Evilhalfling said:

Paint a dragon.  I haven't painted one in 2020!   down from an average of 3 per year. 

paint 4-5 others , likely bones villagers (4 are primed, 1 base-coated) 

tinker with Diorama. 

I painted a dragon! 

*happy dance*   

and 4 others, all bones. 

• Like 4