Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

*Hamster yawns, starts the coffee pot. Slips on Quisitor Robes.

Let's do this. *clears throat

Welcome to Getting to Know You, OCTOBER 2020 Edition!

The latest iteration of the rules follows (LAST EDIT: 1 OCT 2020):

1. Every day a question will be posted (but see rule 7). 

1.5. Should I fail to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy & former Quisitors, will probably step in and post one.

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer the question of the day before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted as early as 1 Minute after Midnite or as late as 10am Eastern Time

4. Anyone is encouraged to suggest future questions. Send a PM to the current or any previous Quisitor. 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question feels like TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions will/may often be formatted as two or three day quests, or multi-part related questions, posted on Fridays or Saturdays.

8. Fun is Mandatory!

*waits for coffee to finish brewing to begin posting questions

• Like 8

October 1st - The spooky season is upon us! What is your favorite horror/supernatural/Halloween themed entertainment? Can be anything... tv, movie, book, comedy special, burlesque show... Don't limit yourself!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Crowley said:

October 1st - The spooky season is upon us! What is your favorite horror/supernatural/Halloween themed entertainment? Can be anything... tv, movie, book, comedy special, burlesque show... Don't limit yourself!

I don't really do any kind of celebrating, unless we're talking cheap candy day (Nov 1st) where you can typically get a decent haul of candy for less than $20... >.>

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Crowley said:

None.  I am not a horror fan.  I did like Buffy/Angel but not for the horror part.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I don't really do any kind of celebrating, unless we're talking cheap candy day (Nov 1st) where you can typically get a decent haul of candy for less than $20... >.>

I've sadly discovered that cheap candy day is not celebrated in NYC.... :down:

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

24 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Halloween is not a big thing in the Netherlands.

I do like a good horror movie, but not the slasher/gore kind.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Halloween is not a big thing in the Netherlands.

I do like a good horror movie, but not the slasher/gore kind.

.... and what's your favorite?

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I don't really celebrate it anymore. Used to spend it watching horror movies when I was much younger.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

.... and what's your favorite?

I love vampires, Dracula and Interview with a Vampire are still among my favorites.

And Evil Dead. The first one.

image.png.4eeba7f194b611e08e4d2e2260f1179e.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Crowley said:

*Hamster yawns, starts the coffee pot. Slips on Quisitor Robes.

Let's do this. *clears throat

Welcome to Getting to Know You, OCTOBER 2020 Edition!

*waits for coffee to finish brewing to begin posting questions

There will be multiple answers to the multiples questions that will be asked.

But I know the correct answer is always coffee.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

56 minutes ago, Crowley said:

The classic, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"!   It's a Halloween tradition.  And the origin of the great quotable line, and perennial Reaper trick: "I got a rock!" ::):

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I'm not big on watching horror, since I don't like the whole jump scare thing. I do enjoy a good horror novel although it has been a few years since I've read one (got a good sized collection of mostly King and Barker).

I used to enjoy some of the tv specials, but they have been pretty hard to find the last couple of years.

Oh, my favorite is all the cheesy Halloween songs they play on the rock station for the day.  Unlike Christmas (where the sonic attack goes on for...months) they pretty much keep it to just the day.

• Like 11

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Almost every year I go spend the weekend around Halloween with my best friend, his wife, and their grub worm. We go to the Memphis Zoo for the Zoo Boo. Sadly we missed last year, and it ain't happening this year either for obvious reasons. 

I also love cheesy movies, pumpkin spice and apple cider everything. My favorite "horror" movies are probably the 28 Days movies. I love The Nightmare Before Christmas and Bram Stoker's Dracula too. 

I had to turn on my heat yesterday for the first time. I'm pretty excited about sweater and hoodie weather. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I will second @Chris Palmer with the mention of Charlie Brown.  I'm looking forward to watching that (and the other Charlie Brown specials) this year, as it will be the first time seeing them for my wife. :wub:  I also like that it was cool enough last night to sleep with the windows open, and I am hoping for more nights like that. ::D:

As for entertainment, I always enjoy a good ghost story.  Retro horror movies are a lot of fun too; especially if you're averse to gore and jump scares, as they tend to not have much of either of those things.  Check out Carnival of Souls (1962) if you want to watch a movie that influenced George Romero and David Lynch. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

*** looks in Pumpkin patch; does not find answer ***

20 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

The classic, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"!   It's a Halloween tradition.  And the origin of the great quotable line, and perennial Reaper trick: "I got a rock!" ::):

*** Tries to second Chris Palmer and is :ph34r: Ninja’d by @VitM ***

(Obviously . . . I need coffee.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 9