Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

44 minutes ago, Crowley said:

October 6th

What have you listened to that you haven't shared here, but think others might get a kick out of. Music, podcasts, YouTube videos...

My favorite song and version. Allegri's Miserere by the Sixteen. I had a nerdy moment at a Ghost theater show last year because they played this during their intermission. I exclaimed, "YES!" and a couple thousand metalheads all looked at me in confusion :D

Here's my current studio mix, it, uhh, varies a bit in genre...a few favorites and I usually add some new (to me) doomy rock stuff to do deeper listens on.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

October 6th

What have you listened to that you haven't shared here, but think others might get a kick out of. Music, podcasts, YouTube videos...

Multitalented puppeteer Barnaby Dixon.  (He was brought in to do the special puppet show within a puppet show on Netflix's Dark Crystal Age of Resistance)  He has a whole series of funny videos featuring a drunk irreverent little bird puppet named Dabchick. 

https://youtu.be/aXb3_3AaCKU

Historian and YouTuber Lindybeige.  He gives delightful and fascinating talks on many and diverse subjects from across history. 

https://youtu.be/uLLv8E2pWdk

If you like Historical Miniatures Wargaming, Little Wars TV has a series of great battle reports and rules reviews.  

https://youtu.be/mDKIHp3jhd8

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7

October 6th

I'm coming up blank.

I don't really listen to music, and being at home, I listen to live radio instead of podcasts.

As for YouTube videos. I remember in a past question that nearly all of my regular channels are common with others here (science, math, technology, comics, parodies, games, movies, TV, history, cooking, etc.). So most of it has already been seen and shared.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Crowley said:

October 6th

Hmm, let's see.

If you want a laugh, there's comedian Michael McIntyre's Dentist story.

If you like pro-wrestling, I listen/watch the AEW Unrestricted podcast to hear out-of-character stories.

If you like to hear the cello, I listen to Tina Guo, who covers several modern pieces and movie themes.

Sometimes you just want to hear some Nordic background music, so Danheim is loaded up.

Continuing to peek into the Nordic culture, Netflix Nordic gives a quiz to Scandinavian actors/actresses to see How Nordic Are You?

Want to hear synthwave music, akin to the Grandmaster jam from Thor: Ragnarok? Got you covered

You have to watch this more than just listen, but my list isn't complete without some repository of kickboxing (which I talk about periodically, but have never shared this channel, so it counts!)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

October 6th

I've been on a kick watching Mann Shorts on YouTube lately.  Skits where they play different "versions" of DnD.  Trucker, Wild West Gangster, Florida Man and so on.  Just found out that the DM raps and put out some DnD themed raps.  His rap name is Yazick.  I don't normally listen to rap, but he's got skills.

• Like 6

On 10/3/2020 at 9:22 AM, Crowley said:

*Quisitor hamster yawns... sniffs freshly brewed coffee...

October the 3rd

What is the best thing to have happened to you this year so far?

What is the best thing you've done for someone else?

Not getting laid off when my company cut a bunch of jobs was pretty nice...

I made a significant effort to support our FLGS while everything was shut down. They aren't a big place and I'd like them to stick around.

On 10/4/2020 at 12:16 PM, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

It's a busy Sunday, but you find yourself with 30 minutes where you can do whatever you want to do. How do you spend those precious minutes?

On 10/4/2020 at 1:09 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Spend the next half hour deciding what I'm going to do with the 30 minutes.

This ^.  I waste entire weekend mornings just trying to decide what I should do without ever accomplishing much of anything.....

On 10/5/2020 at 8:58 AM, Crowley said:

Question for October the Fifth!

In the list of discontinued paints, what are you going to miss the most when your supply runs out?

9244    Muddy Soil

The basic dirt triad has been my go to for bases for ages. I guess I can sub in another dark brown but it won't be the same....

9157    Olive Shadow
9159    Worn Olive

run a close second.  All my IMEF marines are done using that triad....

October 6th

Not much I can think of.  If you are in to Star Wars Legion I've been listening to the Legion Academy podcasts, but that's about it.

• Like 6

October 6th

That... Is a very interesting question. I don't ramble as much here as I do with with people I know. I've mentioned some stuff I've been enjoying in the Anime & Manga thread recently. Hmm...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

October 6th

One year when I was volunteering at Passion Play in Drumheller, they had live music in the tent before the main show. One of the songs they played was the "Irish Bricklayer Song". It's hilarious. There are a dozen versions on YouTube. 

• Like 6

The Song of Durin - Clamavi De Profundis. 

I've also recently gotten into Audiobooks while driving. If you haven't listened to Kenny and the Dragon narrated by Alan Cummings I highly recommend it. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

October 6th

I mostly watch battle reports nowadays, don't have much time for anything else these days.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

October 6th

Amaranthe's new album is really good.

Bardcore genre on Youtube - great stuff for our times.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Historian and YouTuber Lindybeige.  He gives delightful and fascinating talks on many and diverse subjects from across history. 

I love Lindybeige! He's how I discovered Scholagladiatoria's channel.

@Glitterwolf Love me some Five Finger Death Punch, and had never listened to the Creepshow before. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

His rap name is Yazick.  I don't normally listen to rap, but he's got skills.

I had a rap name/persona once in college. I was 2pi R, and my hypeman (my roommate) was Log Base 2... no, I did not have skills... it was a very short career... like 5 minutes long... basically the amount of time to think up those names. Math inspired rap names apparently lack street cred...

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

@Glitterwolf Love me some Five Finger Death Punch, and had never listened to the Creepshow before. Thanks.

I love Rock and Metal in all it's forms.

Motörhead is my favorite all time band.

When Lemmy passed away I created a diorama in his honour.

It's here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69093-angel-city-diorama-by-glitterwolf-tribute-to-lemmy/&/topic/69093-angel-city-diorama-by-xherman1964-tribute-to-lemmy/?hl=%2Bangel%2B%2Bcity

But I digress...

If you like the Creepshow ( they're a great band had different singers, both are great) you also might like these bands,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rlYPb2plaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BIg9WMxFGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPnBFWtaAD4&list=PLCOnB8Uduxu8lO2EX7aDxddNatKliOfQa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H96XcNWKZVg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

October 6th

The only thing I listen to with any regularity is Spotify. I've got several different playlists; the longest one is a little over 25 hours long if I'm remembering correctly. It is filled with rock and metal; everything from Aerosmith to Amon Amarth.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Crowley said:

October 6th

I am so not subjecting people to my playlists... They're a bit... Ah unno. Me? :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1