Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 8th (early cause tomorrow is gonna be a day)

What's your perfect bowl of ice cream? (or other traditional end of meal dessert)

Perfect bowl of ice cream? 

Probably a bowl, heaping tall, and overfilled height wise... Of neopolitan. Or that pink-green one. 

If we're getting fancy? A heaping, oversized waffle bowl filled with whatever sounds tempting at the time. 

If we're going super fancy, it's so going to be frozen yogurt instead, with a bunch of dessert items slapped on top... I'll edit a pic in shortly, aka once I find it. That was a gooooood evening with hubby. 

EDIT: Tasty delicious....

20180419_203630.thumb.jpg.00625cdb760ca3c038f1bed5b0fd6f0b.jpg

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 8

47 minutes ago, Crowley said:

What's your perfect bowl of ice cream? (or other traditional end of meal dessert)

Ice cream: Breyer's natural mint chocolate chip.

Other dessert: Creme Brulee

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

October 7

Do you have a go to snack food? Salty? Sweet? Does it depend on what you're drinking with it?

If I'm being good? Broccoli and carrots with Avocado ranch

Most of the time... almonds and dark chocolate chips.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Something like this.

Icecream - Vanilla, Hazelnut and or Chocolate.

Nuts

Caramel sause or Liquer ( I prefer that one)

A litttle Whipped Cream

Some cookies and or chocolates to top it off.

image.thumb.png.8c922dd61a890e1fd76e121d2bb965e9.png

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

I am pretty flexible when it comes to ice cream.  Generally, I like something vanilla-based with inclusions, but other possibilities exist.  Here in Newark, Delaware, the University of Delaware Creamery (run by the agricultural school) has “1923” (French Vanilla flavored ice cream with bittersweet chocolate chunks and salted caramel swirls) which is about what I like, but the “All Nighter”(Coffee ice cream with cookie dough, chocolate sandwich cookies and a fudge swirl) is really good too.  Mint chocolate chip is up there too...

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

It has been probably fifty years since I had one, but Jahn's Tall in the Saddle Sundae was my ultimate ice cream treat.

The best of luck with THE DAY! I will keep the prayers coming.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

With the whole "cutting carbs" regimen, the vast majority of desirable snack foods are off the list.

If I can find them, then pork rinds are a good mix of low carb, salty, crunchy and fatty texture my mouth craves.

I suppose you are several hours from a Costco, eh?  They have giant (510g) tubs of pork rinds and are pretty good.  Not tooth shatteringly hard like some brands....

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

I rarely get ice cream because a) low carb most of the time and b) diabetic.

But when I do get a treat, my perfect bowl would be something chocolatey and chunky/chippy....a little more than that, just add another scoop, there it is....then heavily drizzled in both a caramel and a chocolate syrup. A couple of soft chocolate chip cookies (still warm) on the side. With a large glass of diet cola.

Mmmm, I can feel my blood sugar rising just thinking about it........

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

We've been making our own ice cream lately out of frozen berries, heavy cream, and a pinch of salt.  It's really satisfying after gardening or woodworking, as it's still around 90F here.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I suppose you are several hours from a Costco, eh?  They have giant (510g) tubs of pork rinds and are pretty good.  Not tooth shatteringly hard like some brands....

I rarely get ice cream because a) low carb most of the time and b) diabetic.

But when I do get a treat, my perfect bowl would be something chocolatey and chunky/chippy....a little more than that, just add another scoop, there it is....then heavily drizzled in both a caramel and a chocolate syrup. A couple of soft chocolate chip cookies (still warm) on the side. With a large glass of diet cola.

Mmmm, I can feel my blood sugar rising just thinking about it........

Ever tried Soybased Icecream?

Will that be better for you?

• Like 2

Pretty much anything as long as it's creamy and not full of fake stuff.  Best fruit-based ice cream I ever had was in Jamaica 25+ years ago from a little ice cream hut that was propped up against a mango tree.  You guessed it, the mango ice cream was magical.  If I think back I can still taste it...  Great now I want ice cream at 8am...  It does go with coffee though...  :ph34r:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why, the Ziggy Piggy from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure:

ziggypiggy.jpeg.ba289c296ea864510ab34c061bbd506c.jpeg

But it needs sprinkles... everything is better with sprinkles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I tend to not eat much ice cream due to some lactose intolerance. I do like me a good mango sorbet though. However my perfect end of meal dessert  would be a homemade blackberry cobbler with cow butter and crispy crust on top. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Ever tried Soybased Icecream?

Will that be better for you?

Yeah, no.  I've tried a few different non-dairy "ice creams" that my mom has had, since she's lactose intolerant, and they were all very meh. Meh at best.  Some didn't make it to meh.

There are a few "no added sugar" "ice creams" that aren't bad, although you generally only get straight vanilla and  occasionally chocolate, but even they are high enough that you can only have a little scoop if doing low carb.

Mostly I just stick to sugar free freezies if I want something cold.  Hard to mess up water, fake sweetener and food coloring......

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

My preference start with the basics of Vanilla and/or Chocolate plus another dessert swirled into it. Be it caramel; butterscotch; cookie dough; crumbled cookies; brownies; chocolate chunks; peanut butter; maple sugar; etc., so that each bite gets both a bit of variety to the flavour and texture.

Other times, I want strong fruity flavours, with no real preference.

My only dislike in ice cream is nuts (peanuts, walnuts, pistachios). I eat plenty of nuts, but I don't want them in my ice cream.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 6:58 AM, Crowley said:

Question for October the Fifth!

In the list of discontinued paints, what are you going to miss the most when your supply runs out?

I don't know — I am the sort that will mix paints. 

But I am sad that 

Green Ink

Green and Red Liners were on the list.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Ice cream is three scoops of vanilla.  Other deserts are Ginger Snap cookies and Mince Meat Pie. Nineteen more days until my 70th Birthday Mince Pie!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1