Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for 20201010

"Man plans, god laughs"

What's a memorable plan you'd made that got laughed at rather spectacularly?

Have you met 2020?  I'd planned to back to the Montreal GP.  Planned early.  A couple of friends and I had a great airBnB all booked. vacation already booked. Was going to be excellent......
sigh.

Excluding global pandemics, in 2017 (really?  it's been 3 years already?  geez) I went out in October and bought a new car, primarily to save money on the commute to/from work each day.  2 weeks later they laid me off after over 23 years....

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for 20201010

"Man plans, god laughs"

Considering the plans I've had in life, I'm practically a jester to deities.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/9/2020 at 5:44 AM, Crowley said:

October 9th

Failure. It happens. It sucks. You move on and overcome.

What was the last thing you failed at, tried again, and got it right?

Well recently, last night I fell asleep on the couch, woke up around 4 am & promptly went to bed. I do that right?? :lol:

Hobby-wise: Hmmmm 3d printing is a good one for me. I think it's more or less in between a success & failure right now. I did do my first distributor wiring of a model engine the other day. I've failed a few times with those in the past.

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for 20201010

"Man plans, god laughs"

I don't know about laughable, but yah there was ReaperCon 2020 at Texas this year.............................

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

...I went out in October and bought a new car, primarily to save money on the commute to/from work each day.  2 weeks later they laid me off after over 23 years....

Other than it happening to me in the Spring of 1994, that is exactly what happened to me as well...even the same number of years on the same job.

• Sad 11

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for 20201010

"Man plans, god laughs"

No comment.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for 20201010

"Man plans, god laughs"

My Chemical Romance concert for my birthday was supposed to be last week. It has been postponed to a year from now.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

On 10/10/2020 at 4:04 AM, Crowley said:

Question for 20201010

"Man plans, god laughs"

Well, I enlisted in the Navy for 6 years to get the GI Bill and use the money to go to school after I got out.

I did get the GI Bill, and I did go to school after I got out, it was just postponed by the other 14 years that I ended up serving.

• Like 12

*Haminister sips his Sunday morning coffee, nibbling at the freshly cooked bacon as the butter melts on the bagels*

Question for October 11th

What's the next project* you're planning, and do you have everything you need for it, or will you have to place another Reaper (or other company) order?

*please note "project" can be a single mini or a huge themed collection... your choice. 

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

*Haminister sips his Sunday morning coffee, nibbling at the freshly cooked bacon as the butter melts on the bagels*

What's the next project you're planning, and do you have everything you need for it, or will you have to place another Reaper (or other company) order?

I'm in the middle of a bunch of stuff so don't think I'll be starting anything new anytime soon. I'm working on 4 projects simultaneously. All mini's Eve calendar, Eldritch Desert diorama, Stuffed Fables, and Ma'al.

For the calendar I need some finer embroidery thread and a few other bits and bobs from Amazon. I think the other 3 are just a matter of doing them but I'm sure I'll need /something/.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

What's the next project you're planning, and do you have everything you need for it, or will you have to place another Reaper (or other company) order?

I have all sorts of things planned for my Little World. The Last Hurrah Project is just that; it will be last thing I do here...in this reality that is.

I have all the thousands of things I will need other than a bottle of paint, tube of glue, & a new brush periodically.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Sorry, the next project(s) is/are secret for now (I haven't decided which one I want to focus on). 

Hint #1--Both are based on pieces of artwork

Hint#2--One will be recognizable to music fans, the other will be recognizable to people around my age.

I will need to place an order to Reaper to get the last thing I need for one of them.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Current daily projects is to draw something on my tablet for Inktober (my neck hates me for it).

Then I should be getting on the latest Reaper quarterly challenge with the Avatar of Rage (the Angry Angry Hippo).

In either case, I have everything I need.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 10

48 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Just trying to get my Infiltrators done right now, I'm stocked up for awhile. I have a couple more projects I can do after this, though the new GW releases might change what I do next.

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

What my next project is really depends on the definition of project ...regardless, I won't "NEED" anything but that won't stop me from ordering more....

If next project means the unit after the one I'm painting (Imperial Speeder Bikes...which is technically 2 units since I'm painting 4) it will be more Imperials, and I have....."several" units to choose from. But I still gave the LFGS a list of 10 boxes I'd like them to bring in....

If we say the next project is when I'm finished (and by finished I expect I mean take a break from painting black and white), it will like either be one of the other Legion factions (in which case I still need the Clone Wars starter since it would probably be the Separatists...Roger Roger) or back to CAV (pretty sure there are some new metal minis out), or something 3D printing (like the blimp, or the pirate ship or the clockwork dragon or all the cyberpunk stuff or all the Overrunners stuff or.....) or possibly Battletech as Wave 1 is starting to ship.....or something else.....

So I guess regardless, the answer is Yes, but yes anyway.  ::D:

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Crowley said:

NEXT Project?

Eveything I paint or build fits into one of my current large projects.

Maybe when I finish my Pohotboard ( Temple of Apophis) I might make another one fitting one of my other themes.

I think I have everything I need and if not I can print it.

• Like 9