Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

48 minutes ago, Crowley said:

*Haminister sips his Sunday morning coffee, nibbling at the freshly cooked bacon as the butter melts on the bagels*

Question for October 11th

What's the next project you're planning, and do you have everything you need for it, or will you have to place another Reaper (or other company) order?

I don't really do large hobby projects. It's just... Not my thing, I guess. It's also not been a big part of my life until recently, again. However, I am debating about starting two large projects:

The first one would be an Old West town 3'x3' board. I've got some terrain bits coming in right now and I'm eyeing a MDF building set (or two) that I might pull the trigger on next month.

The second one is another 3'x3' board for Stargrave and I'd want to buy a lot of the Bones Sci-Fi doors, consoles, and etc.

The real problem with either of these is storage space. ::(:

And I had (yet another) writing idea that I'm kicking around that would take up a lot of time.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

*Haminister sips his Sunday morning coffee, nibbling at the freshly cooked bacon as the butter melts on the bagels*

What's the next project* you're planning, and do you have everything you need for it, or will you have to place another Reaper (or other company) order?

*please note "project" can be a single mini or a huge themed collection... your choice. 

Well, I have most of the stuff for a lot of my current projects (the various Infinity ones, plus the A10 I want to paint, and the stone circle), but the F-18 is something I'll have to acquire a model for... 

...And next month I'll have to buy a few more Infinity models, since I do want that Blue Wolf after all... 

But.. Surprisingly, most projects have most things now. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

What's the next project* you're planning, and do you have everything you need for it, or will you have to place another Reaper (or other company) order?

*please note "project" can be a single mini or a huge themed collection... your choice. 

Hahahahahahahaha. 

My next “project” is finding the time and motivation to finish the minis I’ve already started. It’s impossible to plan beyond that.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

I'm still working on projects from 20+ years ago as well as constantly adding new ones. I have a rough priority list which gets ignored often as, hey squirrel!!!!! Right now I am very close to finishing off my medieval russians but I've been lost in Darkest Dungeon this week. Next highest priority is to finish my almost 30 year old Warhammer Empire army. I think I have all the minis I want but only about a quarter of them are painted. BUT I have  3D printer in the mail and the Battletech Clan Kickstarter shipping soon. I can see either/both of those seriously impacting time spent painting the Empire. We won't mention Bones V incoming in the spring because I still have boxes of Bones I-IV minis I plan on painting Somedaytm.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, I enlisted in the Navy for 6 years to get the GI Bill and use the money to go to school after I got out.

I did get the GI Bill, and I did go to school after I got out, it was just postponed by the other 14 years that I ended up serving.

Thank you for service!!

Well currently planning what minis I need to order for the 2 weekly games I'm running. Luckily they aren't huge adventures (Adventure League), just gotta factor in travel time & when they'll arrive. I'm also planning a week or 2 ahead for the games. Kinda hard to do with Season 10 adventures since they aren't out yet....sigh.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

One that I am planning (i.e. not one that has already been started and then put on hold) is to build some trebuchets for my undead army. I've got two of the Mantic catapult sets, but they're pretty dinky; my undead need something that makes a bold statement. I've had the idea for awhile, and last year got one of the critical pieces: a bag of big plastic skulls from Walmart to use as the weight. I just haven't gotten around to getting any of the actual building materials yet; all hobby purchases have been cancelled for the rest of the year (stupid 2020)

I guess I'll eventually need to figure out what kind and how many miniatures would operate the trebuchet, so that is probably going to require an order to some company.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

My next project will be to paint my Etherfield minis when the game arrives next month-ish, shouldn't need anything for that one.

My current project is to build all my Guild Ball minis, for that I do need to order more Green Stuff.

• Like 10

On 10/10/2020 at 3:04 AM, Crowley said:

Question for 20201010

"Man plans, god laughs"

What's a memorable plan you'd made that got laughed at rather spectacularly?

Driving to ReaperCon 2020.

22 hours ago, Crowley said:

Not including projects currently in process:

Next Project: Can't say...NDA

Next Next Project: See above

Next Next Next Project: Yep this one too

Next next next project: Not sure I am ready to say just yet in case it falls through, but @Glitterwolf is going to love it. 

• Haha 12

Haminister blinks wearily at the cold wet Monday morning. The Big Apple, The City That Never Sleeps, The City So Nice, They Named It Twice, Gotham is blanketed by a grey rain, and the skyline is obscured of it's usual glittering beauty. 

Question for Monday, October 12th

Most places have a nickname...

Share a real nickname from  the place you live (or lived) 

What would be a more appropriate nickname for it?

Bonus question: Have you ever given a nickname to a fictional place? Say in a story you've written or in an RPG you've played, and if so, what was it?

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Next next next project: Not sure I am ready to say just yet in case it falls through, but @Glitterwolf is going to love it. 

*** Tilts head, wags tail***

It's a prehistoric creature right? 

• Haha 7

31 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Tilts head, wags tail***

It's a prehistoric creature right? 

no comment

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Haminister blinks wearily at the cold wet Monday morning. The Big Apple, The City That Never Sleeps, The City So Nice, They Named It Twice, Gotham is blanketed by a grey rain, and the skyline is obscured of it's usual glittering beauty. 

Bonus question: Have you ever given a nickname to a fictional place? Say in a story you've written or in an RPG you've played, and if so, what was it?

Groton, CT.  AKA: Rotten Groton.  Mostly by single sailors who are stationed there.  There isn't really any kind of night life; if you want to go to a decent club, you need to travel to either New Haven or Providence, or to Storrs (where UConn's main campus is).  I didn't mind it much, but then I tended to dive home to NH most weekends.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Haminister blinks wearily at the cold wet Monday morning. The Big Bad  Apple, The City That Never Sleeps, The City So Nice,Vice They Named It Twice, Gotham is blanketed by a grey rain, and the skyline is obscured of it's usual glittering beauty. 

Forest City, Mistake on the Lake, The Best Location in the Nation and Western Reserve are all Nicknames of my place.  Wind City might be more appropriate except another city's Politians took that.  

• Like 8

On 10/11/2020 at 8:45 AM, Crowley said:

Well, I really need to get back to finishing my pirate ship build. I think I have everything except motivation.

Also want to try my new airbrush out on some less-important models to learn how to use it. I've never painted minis by airbrush before. But once I feel comfortable with that, I've got a big five-header calling my name. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

I used to live in Waltham, MA, which is known as "the watch city", in honor of the Waltham Watch company.

I personally like the name, and I  still think the old Watch factory is a lovely old industrial  building, even if it's been converted to apartments and commercial space in the past 10 years.

Watch_Factory.jpg

• Like 11