Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Question for... whatever today is.

Q1: How much coffee should a hamster drink after the first night of not really sleeping with the hamsterling home? 

Q2: Baby Hamster? Hamsterling? He Who Shall Not Be Named? The Once and Future Quisitor? Any suggestions on what I might call the little guy on the forum? 

Q1: You *want* to avoid sleep? That'll be in short supply for a while.

Q2: Officially, baby hamsters are called pups. If we combine with coffee terms, I'd go with Puppuccino. As in "My little Puppuccino".

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Q2: Hamlet 

I quite like “Hamlet” ::D:

You’ll be fine as long as you avoid Danish royalty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

On 10/11/2020 at 7:45 AM, Crowley said:

Question for October 11th

What's the next    project*(s) you're planning, and do you have everything you need for it, or will you have to place another Reaper (or other company) order?

Limiting the answer to miniature hobby related...

The Angry, Angry, Hippo Quarterly thing...paint that...and then maybe someone will walk me through how to put it in for the drawing or whatevs. 

[x] Hippo acquired; see acquisitions thread. 

The Cursed Company — an ongoing project to collect a very divers grouping of skeletons. Based on an old Games Workslip Dogs of War undead mercenary band. They wrote a lot of fluff for the unit but I don’t think they ever explained what they did with the money they were paid. 

[x] A Barrow Warden added to collection on latest order. 

Paint A Pathfinder Plague Doctor on the hangouts. It too is intended to be entered into a RMI social media contest (the one involving any Pathfinder mini).

[x] Acquired and soaking in simple green as I type. 

So no need to acquire anything. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

As much as your body can take!! Nah, just keep it regulated!

"Hamminion"

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TGP said:

The Cursed Company — an ongoing project to collect a very divers grouping of skeletons. Based on an old Games Workslip Dogs of War undead mercenary band. They wrote a lot of fluff for the unit but I don’t think they ever explained what they did with the money they were paid. 

I believe it wasn't about the money, their Captain Richter is cursed, he seeks battle to finally die for real and rest.

Every time he slays an enemy that enemy rises to serve him as an undead warrior, Richter himself cannot die.

If slain, he will rise again the next day.

All he seeks is eternal sleep.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Cursed_Company

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I believe it wasn't about the money, their Captain Richter is cursed, he seeks battle to finally die for real and rest.

Every time he slays an enemy that enemy rises to serve him as an undead warrior, Richter himself cannot die.

If slain, he will rise again the next day.

All he seeks is eternal sleep.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Cursed_Company

Yes. Exactly. I have read one or three retellings of that tale. But, you still had to pay them...in money...which they would spend on....

:huh: :huh: :rock:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

The Cursed Company — They wrote a lot of fluff for the unit but I don’t think they ever explained what they did with the money they were paid. 

Plushies.

Spoiler

How did the dancing bears become an iconic symbol of Grateful Dead? - Quora

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TGP said:

Yes. Exactly. I have read one or three retellings of that tale. But, you still had to pay them...in money...which they would spend on....

:huh: :huh: :rock:

It's odd yes, maybe better weapons and armor?

I can't imagine anything else.

• Haha 7

On 10/12/2020 at 6:29 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Monday, October 12th

Most places have a nickname...

Share a real nickname from  the place you live (or lived) 

What would be a more appropriate nickname for it?

Once Upon A Time, a very long time ago people called it Panther City 

A much newer nickname is the ______ Metromess. 

( @Chaoswolf take note previous sentence.)

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Not to mention the look on the face of the shopkeeper when a bunch of skeletons walk in to buy weapons.

It doesn't make sense anyway, Richter could kill the shopkeeper, take all the weapons and the shopkeeper would become an extra warrior..win win situation.

Maybe they use the money to lure adventurers to their HQ for an easy kill/recruitment scheme?

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Q1: How much coffee should a hamster drink after the first night of not really sleeping with the hamsterling home? 

Q2: Baby Hamster? Hamsterling? He Who Shall Not Be Named? The Once and Future Quisitor? Any suggestions on what I might call the little guy on the forum? 

Q1: No clue. Sorry. I'd look up the limit of caffeine a human being can take and scale back from there.

Q2: Haven't read anyone else's replies, will later, might find one I like better and reserve the right to change my vote. But currently I'm going with Sir Hamsterlot.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

They might might use some of it to hire bards.  Downtime in their company is a bit dull because, well, dead men tell no tales.

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

1 normal amount

2 "boo" a miniature giant space hamster

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1