Getting to Know You - October Edition

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 14th

Do you have a favorite pen or other writing instrument? 

Bonus points if you share a picture of it!

No. I tend to lose pens so I just buy cheap ones. Also it doesn't matter if I chew on them. I do have a Batman pen I picked up at a dollar store that I keep in a cup with a bunch of others that I want to use but, given how often I lose or break them, I have to hide it from myself.

• Like 8
  • Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 of my favorite things

I was expecting all sorts of horrible things to happen when they surgically installed my new cochlear implant. I had nightmares for long months about it. It proved to be a snap. I was in & ou

What about Meeping Angels?  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

I have a pen given to me for exemplary customer service when I was working for AT&T Wireless. It's metal and solid, and I appreciate the heft. Ink ran out and I couldn't get any replacement, but 15 years later the internet has become a thing and I've been made aware that it's easy to get replacement ink for it now.

Also, when I was in school I always loved getting the 4-colour pens every year.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Also, when I was in school I always loved getting the 4-colour pens every year.

I used to carry the Bic 4 color pens from high school into early work life. More recently, I tried them and the ink seemed hard to apply. Looking around for a replacement got me to my current favorite..

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Crowley said:

I had a 0.3mm mechanical pencil that lasted me years. Retractable so it wouldn't get the tip damaged. But then I twitched badly at a D&D game last year and flung it point into the ground and bent it. And it had lasted YEARS!! Now I need to get myself a new one :(

• Sad 10
1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I had a 0.3mm mechanical pencil that lasted me years. Retractable so it wouldn't get the tip damaged. But then I twitched badly at a D&D game last year and flung it point into the ground and bent it. And it had lasted YEARS!! Now I need to get myself a new one :(

My wife uses 0.3mm pencils, and I ended up ordering a couple for her a while back.  While i like the lead thickness, I’m a little too heavy handed to avoid snapping the points off constantly.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Crowley said:

No, I don't. Whatever's available is fine by me.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Crowley said:

For a pen? No. Not until I buy a Lamy anyways. Then it'll be my orange or purple Lamy...  I do love gel pens and used to really like some of the Pilot clicky. Used to always have a gel ball point pen on me at work, until my seat belt started destroying them in my pocket.. 

For pencil? I have a Staedtler 1.3mm mechanical pencil hiding around here somewhere, and eventually want to buy a nicely machined 2mm mechanical pencil at some point... I think it was the Rotring Rapid Pro 2mm I wanted. 

Why so large? They don't break on me, and give me flexibility with their use... 0.7mm break a fair bit, and 0.5mm breaks within a few seconds in my paws...  Also, the bodies tend to be larger, so they're actually comfy to hold. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Crowley said:

I haven't answered any of my questions yet... it's been kinda a busy month.

My current favorite pens are the ReaperCon pens. I really like how thick they are. When I was doing my CPA notes, I hurt my hand, writing for a solid 8 hours, and having a thicker body to hold onto was very much appreciated.

• Like 10
On 10/13/2020 at 9:22 AM, Crowley said:

Question for... whatever today is.

Q1: How much coffee should a hamster drink after the first night of not really sleeping with the hamsterling home? 

Q2: Baby Hamster? Hamsterling? He Who Shall Not Be Named? The Once and Future Quisitor? Any suggestions on what I might call the little guy on the forum? 

1. As much as it takes to take care of your Missus and Wee Bairn [Thanks @Kuroneko]

2. I like Hamsterling

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

My Pelikan 215 fountain pen

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
On 10/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, Crowley said:

Question for... whatever today is.

Q1: How much coffee should a hamster drink after the first night of not really sleeping with the hamsterling home?

Turns out it was 2-ish cups of coffee. Probably could have had more....

• Like 9
46 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I haven't answered any of my questions yet... it's been kinda a busy month.

My current favorite pens are the ReaperCon pens. I really like how thick they are. When I was doing my CPA notes, I hurt my hand, writing for a solid 8 hours, and having a thicker body to hold onto was very much appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone was gonna say those...^_^

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Crowley said:

I like using one of my dwindling supply of pens I used to get when I ordered stuff from Element Games, they're surprisingly good for promotional freebies.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Crowley said:

My favorite pen is the awesome wooden one carved by @Kangaroorex , which he gave to me when we took part in the Great Halloween Candy Exchange a couple of years ago. It's securely hidden away from the prying paws and gnashing teeth of the feline overlords because they showed great interest when it first arrived.  

I took it to work, but only once. It got far too much attention from a couple of co-workers who are well known to 'borrow' things that take their fancy <_<

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Crowley said:

YES!  I use a LAMY All-star fountain pen.  Actually, I have two of them so I can have one at home and at work. These pens are a joy to write and sketch with.  I hate it when I have to write with a normal pen now, they seem so crude and rough.
image.png.1ca7c8557e1e0a8332bf55e57d36ae08.png

@Crowley: How many bonus points do I get?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, haldir said:

My current favorite pens are the ReaperCon pens. I really like how thick they are.

When we are little, and our hands are little, they give us Big Crayons and Big Pencils...

:upside:

When we are Big and our hands are Bigger they make pens, & crayons, & pencils ....small. 

I don’t get it. 

BC38D8F8-3219-49B6-8297-219E57FB1929.thumb.jpeg.35fd06633302818f833471f49c471291.jpeg
Look closely at the pen on the extreme far right, that is a ReaperCon pen.  @Crowley

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1