Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Quest for the Weekend of 10/16 - 10/18

The vast depths of Stonehell contains 10 distinct known levels and an unknown number of sub levels and side dungeons.

Your quest for the weekend is to add to the dungeon's depths. Draw a map, describe a section, tell of a new monster, and/or share a treasure that may be found hidden away.

When walking throught the dungeon's hall there is a hole in the wall, just big enough to walk through with your head down.

Enter the hole and there is a small tunnel leading down.

After a while it gets so steep and slippery you can't hold on and you slide down.

A quick descent and you fall into a puddle of mud.

You stand up and wipe the mud from your eyes, you're in a room, maybe it's more of a cavern, strange mushrooms illuminate the area.

Fortune seems to smile at you when you look at the left corner and notice a few chests, maybe they're filled with treasure?

You shake off the mud from your clothes and take a step towards the chests, suddenly you hear a booming voice, THAT's MINE!

You turn around and look into the eyes of a troll.

it 's wearing a golden crown on it's head, you also notice the big club in it's hands and the only way out is behind it.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Also, I'm guessing you have a game to prepare for and with "Surprise! Baby!" you're a little behind. I see you, Hamster.

::o: What?!? How dare you Sir! How DARE you.... I would NEVER* do such a thing.

*I'd totally do such a thing. In fact, I did do such a thing. Maybe next time I'll be a little less obvious about it. But probably not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

The vast depths of Stonehell contains 10 distinct known levels and an unknown number of sub levels and side dungeons.

Your quest for the weekend is to add to the dungeon's depths. Draw a map, describe a section, tell of a new monster, and/or share a treasure that may be found hidden away.

You see a 10' x 10' room, with an orc guarding a chest.

• Haha 9

You find yourself in a medium sized room.  At the far end lies several desks.  Miserable looking goblins sit behind them and rifle through scrolls and tomes.  You know in your heart that a treasure awaits you here.  You're not sure if it's particularly good, but it calls to you all the same.

A long rope queue guides the way forward towards the goblins and their desks.  It stands empty but approaching the desks any other way results in the goblins grumbling and pointing a crooked finger towards the back of the queue.

Upon navigating the winding queue and reaching the goblins, you are pointed to a small wheel labeled "take a number."  Any attempts the speak with the goblins results in more grumbling and more aggressive pointing towards the wheel.

You take a number and are directed to the other side of the room where rows of uncomfortable chairs fill the space.  A dozen weary adventurers fill the seats, looking from their numbered cards to the goblins and their desks.  You find a seat and take it.

Eternity passes.  Numbers are never called.  They might never be called.  There's no telling how long the others have waited.  You could just walk away.  But if you step out, they might call your number.  You wouldn't want to miss that.  You've already waited so long.  Just a bit longer.   Just a bit longer.  Just a bit longer...

Over the entrance to the room are three carved runes.  D.  M.  V.

• Haha 13

At the far end of the hall, there is a door with a foul odor emanating. It is made of stout oak, boards swollen with moisture. Grunting sounds come from within.

The door is locked. If the party knocks, a gruff voice exclaims, in orcish, "Occupied!"

If the party opens the door, a very surprised and angry orc throws down his copy of Kobold Hunter and picks up his axe from where it was propped next to the latrine he had been using.

Party gains initiative.

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

::o: What?!? How dare you Sir! How DARE you.... I would NEVER* do such a thing.

*I'd totally do such a thing. In fact, I did do such a thing. Maybe next time I'll be a little less obvious about it. But probably not.

Are you challenging me to a duel, good sir Hamster? :devil:

And check your inbox. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MoonglowMinis said:

You find yourself in a medium sized room.  At the far end lies several desks.  Miserable looking goblins sit behind them and rifle through scrolls and tomes.  You know in your heart that a treasure awaits you here.  You're not sure if it's particularly good, but it calls to you all the same.

A long rope queue guides the way forward towards the goblins and their desks.  It stands empty but approaching the desks any other way results in the goblins grumbling and pointing a crooked finger towards the back of the queue.

Upon navigating the winding queue and reaching the goblins, you are pointed to a small wheel labeled "take a number."  Any attempts the speak with the goblins results in more grumbling and more aggressive pointing towards the wheel.

You take a number and are directed to the other side of the room where rows of uncomfortable chairs fill the space.  A dozen weary adventurers fill the seats, looking from their numbered cards to the goblins and their desks.  You find a seat and take it.

Eternity passes.  Numbers are never called.  They might never be called.  There's no telling how long the others have waited.  You could just walk away.  But if you step out, they might call your number.  You wouldn't want to miss that.  You've already waited so long.  Just a bit longer.   Just a bit longer.  Just a bit longer...

Over the entrance to the room are three carved runes.  D.  M.  V.

So, let me guess, you live in Minnesota too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

hmmm what is this mysterious map here... it says hamster hell?

hamsterhell.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

My son gets to do one on one battle with the goblin king tomorrow, seeking to gain the fabled License of Driving.

Beware the goblin king's tricky ways.  He holds you to the archaic rules of old.  Let your vehicle rock back when coming to a stop, and always yield to the right of way.

The goblin king bested me twice and I shall never forgive him.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Alright, lets do this.

A sharp turn down a narrow hallway leads to a door smaller than the doors you have seen before. The ceiling is about 8 ft at this point.

A heavy iron door swings open. At the end of the visible hall is a chest. Opening the chest you find a beautiful braclet. You collect the bracelet and turn around.

The blocks in the ceiling aren't matching up the way they used to. You're not really sure that they were lined up when you came through.

There is a pipe dripping some water softly.

They only way out is to pass back through the door you came. You open the door and you see a long hallway.

There is a dripping pipe and an open treasure chest. You look behind you and ser a dripping pipe and a treasure chest at the end of a hallway.

You proceed into the hallway ahead of you, and you start searching for the door. The other end of the hallway doesn't seem any different than the room you were just in.

The treasure chest is still empty. You place a scratch it in. Nervously you carve a slightly more memorable crest into the chest.

The hallway ceiling feels a little lower. The tiles still don't match.

Feeling uneasy, you walk through the door back into the previous room. The hallway has a water pipe and an open chest.

Examining the chest, the crest you carve is in it.

You feel the ceiling.

It must be lower than before.

Sorry anyone who was triggered. I know that was scary.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Crowley said:

Opening a door the adventurers find themselves in a short corridor with another door at the end, halfway down there is a button set in the wall.

If both doors are closed, pushing the button does nothing, but if one door is open pushing the button causes either fire or acid (depending on which door is open) to rain down from the ceiling. However, if both doors are open pushing the button makes the corridor rotate to reveal hidden sections of the dungeon full of goodies (and if you want to be really annoying, quest important items).

However, to get back to the main dungeon you have to do the opposite. Both doors open = poison gas, one door open = spikes from the walls or a drop pit, both doors closed = corridor rotates.

No idea if RPGers would find this fun or deeply irritating ::D: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Side Quest for 10/17

Share a picture of your favorite miniature that was painted by someone else. Bonus XP for telling us why that particular mini captures your attention.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You see a 10' x 10' room, with an orc guarding a chest.

The Orc is wearing Polychromatic Armour and it holds a Glitter Encrusted blade. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1