Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

On 10/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You see a 10' x 10' room, with an orc guarding a chest.

But does it have a pie?

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Side Quest for 10/17

Share a picture of your favorite miniature that was painted by someone else. Bonus XP for telling us why that particular mini captures your attention.

Necron scheme by Darren Latham on his Instagram account. Why? Well, a nice forumite pointed his Youtube channel out to me when I asked about blending space marines. I'm following along with it and have a very sexy set of red space marine legs. Necrons are my first 40k army and I love the carapace. This is totally something I can do... and hopefully win an Army on Parade next year. 

• Like 8

On 10/16/2020 at 3:07 PM, TaleSpinner said:

My son gets to do one on one battle with the goblin king tomorrow, seeking to gain the fabled License of Driving.

How did the battle go? Victory, or live to fight another day?

I had to fight another day when I did that battle. Had to do the maneuverability before the driving part, and my dad made me take the test in a bigger car than I had learned and practiced in. Hit one cone and automatically failed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

How did the battle go? Victory, or live to fight another day?

I had to fight another day when I did that battle. Had to do the maneuverability before the driving part, and my dad made me take the test in a bigger car than I had learned and practiced in. Hit one cone and automatically failed.

The Goblin Queen barely vanquished him. He was too hesitant in battle going much too slowly to ever please her majesty, so she smote him down and bade he return next week to try his luck one more time.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

The Goblin Queen barely vanquished him. He was too hesitant in battle going much too slowly to ever please her majesty, so she smote him down and bade he return next week to try his luck one more time.

Mayhaps a potion of some sort before his next battle? Not one of haste, but of "going-at-the-designated-speed-limit" seems fitting. A visit to the shop proprietor at Uncanny Alchemy will fix him right up (ask for a Mt. Dew); the flavor will give him courage as well.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 10/16/2020 at 9:22 AM, Crowley said:

Quest for the Weekend of 10/16 - 10/18

The vast depths of Stonehell contains 10 distinct known levels and an unknown number of sub levels and side dungeons.

Your quest for the weekend is to add to the dungeon's depths. Draw a map, describe a section, tell of a new monster, and/or share a treasure that may be found hidden away.

Not being creative... but I really enjoyed this one ages ago:

C1 hidden shrine of Tamoachan

Room 19 the silver coffer
image.png
  • Like 6

On 10/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, Crowley said:

Quest for the Weekend of 10/16 - 10/18

The vast depths of Stonehell contains 10 distinct known levels and an unknown number of sub levels and side dungeons.

Your quest for the weekend is to add to the dungeon's depths. Draw a map, describe a section, tell of a new monster, and/or share a treasure that may be found hidden away.

I would have to go with a lost/hidden shrine to St Gregory the Great.  A devoted follower that prays at the Shire receives boon that increases their strength.

What, like I would have an ulterior motive?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

Side Quest for 10/17

Share a picture of your favorite miniature that was painted by someone else. Bonus XP for telling us why that particular mini captures your attention.

20180827_172141.thumb.jpg.0964bdd9e4708cb5fa3bd06c0f29b252.jpg

This is painted by our very own Professor @OneBoot, a tiny version of the Hangouts-famous Marmalade (and podcast-famous). After my cat passed away, OneBoot surprised me in her sneaky way by sending me this in memory of her. I love her to pieces for it and it's one of my most treasured things.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

On 10/16/2020 at 11:47 AM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You see a 10' x 10' room, with an orc guarding a chest.

15 hours ago, TGP said:

The Orc is wearing Polychromatic Armour and it holds a Glitter Encrusted blade. :ph34r:

The Orc advances toward the party moving the blade rapidly in figure 8 patterns. This slings multi-colored glowing glitter everywhere. Roll to Save versus Death Magic !

Edited by TGP
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, TGP said:

The Orc advances toward the party moving the blade rapidly in figure 8 patterns. This slings multi-colored glowing glitter everywhere. Roll to Save versus Death Magic !

Those who fail their save are afflicted thereafter by  Cursed Faerie Fire

:ph34r:

In various colours…

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5

On 10/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, Crowley said:

Side Quest for 10/17

There are so many, but here's what I've got saved on my computer.

img54c42a255c7b1.jpg

IMG_20171021_094158.jpg

IMG_20171021_093454.jpg

2d8vpvzj8h341.jpg

• Like 10

On 10/17/2020 at 4:04 PM, Crowley said:

Side Quest for 10/17

This bust of Elysabetha Vampire Princess.

I bought one and this version is stunning.

https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/15680

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, Crowley said:

Side Quest for 10/17

This one isn't anything super fancy, but I've always liked the cloaking concept and thought it was executed really well for something that they probably did for a whole unit or two.

878806634_CloakingTau.jpg.0ca952140d551030f9ead8187871a412.jpg

And Jody Tucker's army of fire that was years in the making due to figuring out how to run the fiber optics, do the circuits, and sculpt/cast the clear parts... that level of dedication to one project is amazing. Someone on the forum, can't remember who, has seen it in person.

fantasy-flames-006.jpg.047a8ac3a0c2519b24546262b1d816f9.jpg

fantasy-flames-008.jpg.29369d824c730430ccb9fc7338e0f112.jpg

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Surprise 10/18 Random Encounter!

Last night, @buglips*the*goblin crawled into your domicile and raided something from your stash.

What did he take? Will you try to get it back?

Half a dozen dried out Ral Partha paints. Not worth the effort for me to try to get back but I know he treasures them.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Surprise 10/18 Random Encounter!

Last night, @buglips*the*goblin crawled into your domicile and raided something from your stash.

What did he take? Will you try to get it back?

Probably the two dozen Pro-Paints I have.  I won't bother to get them back because:

a. they are most likely dried out, and

2. I haven't touched them (other than to move them from one spot on the desk to another) in over 7 years.

• Like 10