Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

On 10/16/2020 at 9:22 AM, Crowley said:

Quest for the Weekend of 10/16 - 10/18

The vast depths of Stonehell contains 10 distinct known levels and an unknown number of sub levels and side dungeons.

Your quest for the weekend is to add to the dungeon's depths. Draw a map, describe a section, tell of a new monster, and/or share a treasure that may be found hidden away.

I mighta, kinda, already did a map recently:

(This was my first Inktober drawing)

C9C79AE6-E522-4CEA-8C75-DD63F1953557.thumb.jpeg.0ba1a9c2531c3a9da902830e3c418d10.jpeg

The party have stumbled into a played out amethyst mine. Workmanship indicates Dwarves or Duergar delved out this chamber. Party can enter via the narrow passage, or the wider passage where the shattered doors were, or by the irregular cave walled passage.

They find four great pillars holding up the ceiling. It vaults up high into the darkness. Around the base of the two farther pillars there exists a fungal forest with shroom growths in a variety of sizes. See chart A. There are multiple species in the forest if the GM wishes. (There could be shriekers mixed in and a nest of purple wyrms somewhere below).

A) Shroom Size Chart D12

1. One foot tall with 2 foot wide cap
  2. Two foot tall with 3 foot wide cap
  3. Three foot tall with 4 foot wide cap
  4. Four foot tall with 5 foot wide cap
  5. Five foot tall with 6 foot wide cap
  6. Six foot tall with 7 foot wide cap
  7. Seven inches tall with a One foot wide cap
  8. Eight inches tall with a One foot wide cap
  9. Nine inches tall with a One foot wide cap
  10. Ten inches tall with a Two foot wide cap
  11. Eleven inches tall with a Two foot wide cap
  12. Twelve inches tall with a Two foot wide cap

The mushrooms in the forest are numerous colours, they detect as being magical, and if approached too closely some of them can shoot brightly colored spores at passers by (they sense movement). If struck by a spore (Save versus poison) a character might have to endure illusionary or hallucinogenic effects. See chart B.

B) Shroom Spore Hallucinogenic or Illusionary effects D12

1. Illusion the victim disappears, apparently replaced by a mushroom
  2. Illusion the victim appears to have been transformed into a toad
  3. Illusion the victim is transformed into an Amethyst crystal
  4. Illusion the victim appears in two places
  5. Illusion the victim vanishes (invisibility) and is nowhere to be seen
  6. Illusion the victim suddenly appears to be twelve feet tall
  7. Hallucination, the victim believes he is a toad
  8. Hallucination, the victim stands stock still, believing she is a statue
  9. Hallucination, the victim believes he has become ethereal
  10. Hallucination, the victim believes she has turned into a rabbit half her original height (possibly accompanied by a compulsion to hop)
  11. Hallucination, the victim believes the mushrooms have sprouted arms and are attacking with melee weapons
  12. Hallucination, the victim starts backing away from the Amethyst Dragon now visible her (and her alone) beyond the shroom forest.

The GM should feel free to invent new, different effects (in case the same result keeps being rolled).

At the working face, a diligent search lasting several turns could discover up 2D12 amethyst crystals which might be worth 10-50 gp each. Also, a carved figurine of a Dragon made of Amethyst Crystal will be found. (Possibly it is a figurine of wondrous power, possibly it is an Amethyst Dragon transformed into a crystalline carving (and needing to be rescued), OR the figure is just a carving worth maybe 75gp in the right market.)

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Surprise 10/18 Random Encounter!

Last night, @buglips*the*goblin crawled into your domicile and raided something from your stash.

What did he take? Will you try to get it back?

He took a few pots of….. :ph34r:  Reaper Pro-Paints :ph34r: …..no idea if they are still viable. So no.

And he is welcome to any stanky, hole riddled sock he might have found.

Given a choice between hunting a goblin and hunting for new socks: I choose the second quest, the first leads to nothing that is not stanky.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Last night, @buglips*the*goblin crawled into your domicile and raided something from your stash.

Rusted X-acto blades, and the ones where the tip snapped off. Weaponry fit for a goblin. Not worth the effort of getting it back.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Buglips? Which one? There's clones of him all over the place. :huh:

No worries here, I have counter-enchantments on everything I own. I'll just follow the screams of agony when whatever he's stolen transmutes into soap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Rusted X-acto blades, and the ones where the tip snapped off. Weaponry fit for a goblin. Not worth the effort of getting it back.

Everyone else went for the low-hanging froot, but you know the real secrets of a goblin's heart.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

17 hours ago, Crowley said:

After recent conversations with him, I am confident that it would be the contents of my cheese drawer.  He is welcome to share all my cheese.

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Crowley said:

Hard to tell.  The desk is a mess.  After Buglips touched it? No way! 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Question for Monday October 19th

As the weather turns colder, the leaves more colorful, and little ghouls and goblins think of candy, more and more soups and stews are being made. What was the last soup you made/had, and what are your plans for the next that you'll enjoy?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

As the weather turns colder, the leaves more colorful, and little ghouls and goblins think of candy, more and more soups and stews are being made. What was the last soup you made/had, and what are your plans for the next that you'll enjoy?

Made a split pea soup a couple weeks ago, oh, and Wild Rice Soup last week.  This week I am making a seafood chowder.

• Like 11

20 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Someone on the forum, can't remember who, has seen it in person.

That was me. He brought it to a Warhammer tournament.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I *always* have a pot of homemade soup ready to serve.

Currently, it's leek-carrot-onion in a fatty turkey stock, blended, with plenty of herbs & spices.

Next soup is a pot of veggies (peas, carrots, stringbeans) and diced tomatoes in a fatty turkey stock.

I'm trying to get rid of all of my turkey stock in the freezer before I cook a new turkey.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 10

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Probably haven't had any since last winter, though it seems like time to stock up again.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I made some Chili last weekend, and now that you have put the thought in my head, a smoked brisket beef stew sounds good. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

It was the contents of a can labeled: Chili. So labeled by the firm: Stagg Foods LLC. So I guess it was Chili Soup?

51r9LSkQY3L._SX342_.jpg

It was this ^ here. I am not saying it was not good. But a heaping spoonful did not remain heaped on the spoon. Some of it poured over the edge of the spoon. If it will pour over the edge of a level spoon it is a soup (perhaps a thick and hearty soup). It must remain heaped on the spoon to be considered a Chili.

That leaves aside the whole debate over whether there can be anything in Chili other than meat.

(NB: The contents of that can were just about identical to the "..Chilis.." served by the US restaurant chains Wendy's and Braums.) 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Last soup was a white chili, with white beans and chicken, salsa, some broth and a block of pepper jack cheese thrown in. Served on top of Doritos (or Fritos).

When it gets cold, the weather steers my mind towards beef stew. Beef, potatoes and carrots, with a nice thick broth and a chunk of crusty bread.

• Like 7