Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Monday October 19th

As the weather turns colder, the leaves more colorful, and little ghouls and goblins think of candy, more and more soups and stews are being made. What was the last soup you made/had, and what are your plans for the next that you'll enjoy?

In honor of today's question…

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Last soup I had was chicken noodle, not 'cause I was sick or anything, it just sounded good a the time. This was of the Campbell's Chunky variety.

I did this for lunch. Exactly that ^ because it was a can of Campbell's "Creamy" Chicken Noodle in my instance. They have another kind that is also Chunky, but the broth is more clear.

6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We tend to make soup every weekend at this time of year, the last few weeks have been Red Lentil, Butternut Squash/Sweet Potato and Veggie Chowder. We buy some really big bread rolls from a nearby bakery and make them into bread bowls  :winkthumbs:

That bread bowl idea is worth borrowing! 

Not sure what bakery to try.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

As the weather turns colder, the leaves more colorful, and little ghouls and goblins think of candy, more and more soups and stews are being made. What was the last soup you made/had, and what are your plans for the next that you'll enjoy?

Last soup I made was Campbell's Cream of Tomato (or is it just tomato) soup.  Usually I'll pour it into a bed of sticky/sushi rice that I've placed into a bowl, and then add something else as well (sometimes it's fried perogies, sometimes other things). 

Currently am in the process of trying out a chicken stew recipe hubby found.  Or, well, more precisely the slow cooker is doing that. I'll be going to bed later than I'm supposed to because I'm on vacation this week...  That and I started said stew late, so it will be ready tomorrow. 

I have way too much parmesan cheese in the fridge now though, since Instacart could only get the giant 300g tub of parmesan petals (shaved parmesan), instead of the 140g tub I originally wanted. Oh well. I'll find a use for it ^_^

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Crowley said:

I made chili on Sunday, which is basically stew, which is basically thick soup. 

And keep your ideological debates away from me. I like my chili with equal amounts beans and meat. 

Next soup will be loaded potato soup next week. Mmmm... bacon!

• Like 10

21 hours ago, Crowley said:

As Cap'n John's Alzheimer's has progressed the home cooking has dropped off to only an occasional meal. Right now the favorite soup is shrimp gumbo from a local eatery.

• Like 10

On 10/19/2020 at 10:43 AM, Crowley said:

Last soup was a chicken noodle when my girls were sick in Feb. As soon as I hear a sniffle, it's time to whip up a batch.

I was eyeing some roasts a few days ago, thinking about a beef stew. Getting to be the end of grilling season here, but I'm still holding out for another couple weeks!

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for 10/20/2020

Who is someone in the community that inspires you?

@Wren's passion for education and learning is amazing.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Question for 10/20/2020

Anne Foerster, she's such an amazingly patient teacher and I've learned so much from her Twitch streams.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 9

Question for 10/20/2020

From this community? I'll go with TaleSpinner and Wren as two that come to mind fairly quickly, as does Glitterwolf and Chaoswolf. 

From the Infinity community that would probably be the_infinitygamer (Infinity Gamer on YouTube)  as he's showcased a lot about the game, especially Code One. 

From the airshow community? Ken Fowler will remain (and probably always will be) a huge inspiration to me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Question for 10/20/2020

It's hard to name just one, and even narrowing it down is hard...

@malefactus continues to be  an amazingly talented, whimsical, and twisted inspiration.

Anne Foerster definitely. I really enjoy her twitch streams, and her patreon is a great value.

Black Magic Craft on youtube is wonderful.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question for 10/20/2020

To be honest, most of you do. A lot of you do things I can never do. I try not to be jealous. :ph34r:

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

My continous failure urges me to push onward.

JK.

There are many of you who do incredible things. I can't narrow it down to one either.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

From this community? I'll go with TaleSpinner and Wren as two that come to mind fairly quickly, as does Glitterwolf and Chaoswolf. 

***looks at kickstarter list***

True, @TaleSpinner inspires me to spend money, mostly because when I look at his awesome sculpts I can't narrow them down to just one paintjob! I need to some research on water effects before I get my 2 catoblepas so I can put at least one of them in a suitably swampy abode.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for 10/20/2020

This is right up there with "who is your favorite child?". At one time or another ALL of the Forumites have inspired me. It is usually an imaginative, original idea that wins out over amazing talent.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for 10/20/2020

Anyone who is willing to admit that they don't know everything, who doesn't think stating their opinion is the end of discussion, and who warmly welcomes fresh thoughts and others to our boards. These people are Inspirations to me.

You Inspirations know who you are. :winkthumbs:

• Like 8