Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

I used t watch a lot of At the Bench with Andrew Barry, but haven't for a while now, since I am no longer a beginner at jewelry and don't need the instructions as much any more; but I do pop back if I am struggling.

Same goes for Michael Pavlovich's series on learning Z-Brush.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Question for the 21st of October:

Are there any Youtube/Twitch channels that you used to watch, but find you have outgrown/lost interest in? Hobby or non-hobby, your pick.

I don't watch a lot of Youtube, but one specific channel that springs to mind is King of Average.

I started following him last year for his upcoming Kickstarter news/reviews stuff, but they got increasingly long and ranty, so I stopped watching (which was probably a good thing for my wallet too).

In more general terms, watching boardgame playthroughs. It's not that I've lost interest, they just tend to be so dang long!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Are there any Youtube/Twitch channels that you used to watch, but find you have outgrown/lost interest in? Hobby or non-hobby, your pick.

I was watching some "Greentext" videos for a while but that got old fast. I also was watching a lot about the supernatural and ghosts but my strong skepticism put a stop to that. I'm also done with most "Top # List" channels and videos.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

There's a few Twitch channels that I subscribed to when Reaper did a raid, but they never hold my interest for long.

• Like 9

On 10/20/2020 at 7:40 AM, Crowley said:

Question for 10/20/2020

Who is someone in the community that inspires you?

I want to have a go at making things that would fit in the miniature world created by @malefactus.  Some comments in one of his threads did at one point inspire me to sketch this watchtower, made of huge watch parts…

post-7586-0-81420200-1461872558_thumb.jpg

…and some ensorcellment, to ensure it is always watching:ph34r:  Therefore my answer is Malefactus. 

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

I have never ever subscribed to a youtube channel. I have sampled some.

• PBS EONs was one,
  • TED Talks was another (very hit or miss those),
  • Lindybeige (aka Lloydian Aspects) I watched a fair few of those,
  • I have yet to look at a Reaper video! (seen them on Twitch; too much work to look them up on youtube)…
  • That video @Glitterwolf posted today in the Random channel was fascinating! absolutely fascinating (that might translate to boring for most other people I expect),
  • I was on a music kick for awhile… looking to see (that is hear) what was out there by Pink Floyd, or Alan Parsons, or Talking Heads.

I think the answer is I lose interest in all of them eventually. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

I'll watch the occasional Reaper presentation on Twitch, mostly just in the background when I'm doing other stuff, and I only use youtube for getting started on home improvement projects I have never attempted before. So since I don't really watch anything on the regular, there's not really anything I've lost interest in. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

No.

The only thing I watch occasionally is the Reaper twitch.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Chilling Tales for Dark Nights (youtube horror audiostories)

Dunno why I stopped listening, they've got some great voices. But I kind of drifted away from listening to short and short-ish horror stories.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

More podcasts than videos.... Welcome to Nightvale, and a handful of D&D actual play and analysis podcasts. I listened to them while mowing the lawn and since I don't have a lawn anymore, I haven't found a good time to listen to them.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Chilling Tales for Dark Nights (youtube horror audiostories)

Dunno why I stopped listening, they've got some great voices. But I kind of drifted away from listening to short and short-ish horror stories.

This sounds great, thanks for sharing! I like old school horror and often listen to the original Twilight Zone while painting. 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

Leonardo  Perezneto (fine art tips) and Marcello Berenghi... I may have spelled wrong. I used to watch everything they posted. But I haven't for a while now. I'm not sure why, I just don't anymore. 

My daughter used to sit in my lap and we'd watch it together... she's 10 now and it hurts a bit if she sits on me... that might be related. 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Crowley said:

Reaper live. 

• Like 7

Inquiry for the Twenty Second of October

Sometimes you go into a project super excited, only to lose steam somewhere along the way. What was the last miniature project that happened with you, and how did you get through it, if you did? How did you feel about it after it was done (or shelved, or trashed)?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Sometimes you go into a project super excited, only to lose steam somewhere along the way. What was the last miniature project that happened with you, and how did you get through it, if you did? How did you feel about it after it was done (or shelved, or trashed)?

Right across the room from where I am sitting is the Twisted Tower photo stage still in black & white after a couple of years (I do use it as is though).

Then there are the Faces on the Wall & others.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I typically just speed paint. So not much in the way of actual planned out miniature projects going on here, just grab something that strikes my fancy and slap paint on it until I'm satisfied. That being said, I've got a GF9 beholder sitting on my shelf only half assembled with no plans to continue on it in the near future. I love the look of it, but man I hate that thing. None of the eye stalks seem to match up with the body correctly and it's near impossible to get in there and sand stuff down after you've got them attached. How do I feel about it just sitting on the shelf staring at me? Better than I felt trying to work on it that's for certain.

46 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Right across the room from where I am sitting is the Twisted Tower photo stage still in black & white after a couple of years (I do use it as is though).

Then there are the Faces on the Wall & others.

That's what I was thinking of! I found my copy of Eric Jones and Brian Froud's "The Goblin Companion: A Field Guide to Goblins" in a box about a month ago after not seeing it around for a number of years. The cover is a little goblin face on a wall and I knew it reminded me of something I'd seen recently. I just couldn't for the life of me remember what. Looked up the project in your comment and sure enough, that was it. Thanks, that's been bothering me a little bit for a while now. 

• Like 8