Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Hi, my name is Rob and I have a project problem.  I haven’t started a new project in two weeks....

Oh, this isn’t a meeting of Projects Anonymous?

Oh, I'm fairly certain this is such a thing. Definitely a support group of some sort. Just without the snacks afterwards.

4 hours ago, Thoramel said:

That being said, I've got a GF9 beholder sitting on my shelf only half assembled with no plans to continue on it in the near future. I love the look of it, but man I hate that thing. None of the eye stalks seem to match up with the body correctly and it's near impossible to get in there and sand stuff down after you've got them attached. How do I feel about it just sitting on the shelf staring at me? Better than I felt trying to work on it that's for certain.

Outsource it?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Inquiry for the Twenty Second of October

Sometimes you go into a project super excited, only to lose steam somewhere along the way. What was the last miniature project that happened with you, and how did you get through it, if you did? How did you feel about it after it was done (or shelved, or trashed)?

I have a few large 40K minis that I started but haven't completed, they're great minis but I have a greater need for standard troops right now.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Sometimes you go into a project super excited, only to lose steam somewhere along the way. What was the last miniature project that happened with you, and how did you get through it, if you did? How did you feel about it after it was done (or shelved, or trashed)?

I'm still working on things I bought 25 years ago so have some experience with losing steam. But on the plus side no project is ever truly abandoned, just delayed. My hobby efforts often run like a government project, over time and over budget. I feel great about finishing things but few of my projects are ever totally finished. The abandoned/delayed ones rattle around in the vast empty hangar in my head until I come up with some kind of solution. Every once in awhile I finish something just to be able to move on and not because I'm totally satisfied with it. One of the advantages of being a speed painter more than a high detail/high quality painter.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:40 AM, Crowley said:

Question for 10/20/2020

Who is someone in the community that inspires you?

@TaleSpinner for his awesome sculpts, lovely paint jobs, and great teaching. @buglips*the*goblin for his dedication to spreading the hobby love. @Lord of the Dish Pit for the kooky way his brain works and the stories that result. 

There’s more, but my sinuses are squeezing my eyeballs and I can’t think.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:11 AM, Crowley said:

Question for the 21st of October:

Are there any Youtube/Twitch channels that you used to watch, but find you have outgrown/lost interest in? Hobby or non-hobby, your pick.

The longest I’ve consistently watched a channel has been Overly Sarcastic Productions, and I basically just log in every now and then, watch all their new stuff, then ignore YouTube again for like, a month or two. 

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

I plead the fifth!

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I give you The Display Cases of Shame:

UFM1.jpg.90afd24a6f847c60399df2bb506f56a4.jpg

UFM2.jpg.e4efd068f31a581c8842d8641d7f0568.jpg

Woah! Your minis get the special treatment! No gathering dust for them. Talk about the bourgeois!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Outsource it?

You mean like pay someone else to do it? Nope, that would imply the miniature won. I'm not giving it that kind of satisfaction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Woah! Your minis get the special treatment! No gathering dust for them. Talk about the bourgeois!

I learned years ago that dust sticks to paint and makes one have to strip what could just be finished, so chalk it up to optimism. ::D:

• Haha 10

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

All of them.

I never give up on a project, though. I'll get back to it soon.tm

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

All of them.

I never give up on a project, though. I'll get back to it soon.tm

This is probably my answer as well. Thou, maybe not all of them are are super highs but majority of them I do go into them saying 'this will look neat once it's finished!!"

• Like 7

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Awwwww... most people just say I inspire revulsion and horror.  

Naw, just worry about "liberated" paint and learning goblin math.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Crowley said:

Every. Single. One. If it has a deadline, I power through it and hate it. If not, I take a bunch of notes and put it on the shelf for later.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

10/23

When was the last time you pulled an all-nighter? And why?

That's confidential and redacted information citizen!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Crowley said:

10/23

When was the last time you pulled an all-nighter? And why?

Six-ish months ago?  And the cause was a really good book.  By the time I finished, it wasn't worth goin got sleep as I had work.  I did leave early the next day though.

• Like 9