Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

10/27

What's something you're looking forward to in 2021?

There are probably too many things to list. :winkthumbs:

• Like 11

57 minutes ago, Crowley said:

10/27

What's something your looking forward to in 2021?

Going home.

Staffin-Bay-Isle-of-Skye-Scotland-Landcape-Photography-by-Fortunato-Gatto-435357.jpg.66736771e51f4151444e909d909a54c0.jpg

We were in lockdown with travel restrictions when I would normally head back for a few weeks, but there was no way that I was going to travel from a high infection area to an island that doesn't even have an ICU unit. Unlike a certain English fantasy author who travelled from the other side of the world to go to my home island because "he wanted to be alone" :grr::angry::zombie: Never buying ANY of his work again.

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

10/27

Hugging my children again...and maybe playing a face-to-face game. 

• Like 13

10/27

Moving for a job. Unemployment will one day end, and with that I will move to a new town.

Then I'll have a LIFETM again!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Had to look that up. I don’t think I have ever bought anything of his...

• Like 5

10/27

I'm not looking forward to anything, tbh.

Too many things I would look forward to requires getting 2020 under control first and I have no faith left in humanity. I cannot assume any solution to any of 2020's nightmarish faults can or will be found. I cannot assume people will implement those solutions if they're found.

If I don't have hope then I won't be hurt when reality does what I expect it to.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

10/27

Hopefully finding work again, and possibly getting a hug. I haven't had physical human contact in eight months (that didn't require me to run for soap/water or hand sanitizer).

In the words of Janet Weiss/Susan Sarandon from Rocky Horror Picture Show: "Toucha toucha toucha touch me!" (But not in the dirty way.)

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

10/27

After the last few years, I'm starting to wonder if 2021 actually happen... :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

18 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Hopefully finding work again, and possibly getting a hug. I haven't had physical human contact in eight months (that didn't require me to run for soap/water or hand sanitizer).

In the words of Janet Weiss/Susan Sarandon from Rocky Horror Picture Show: "Toucha toucha toucha touch me!" (But not in the dirty way.)

Did you intentionally make the section in parenthesis work with the song? If so, well done!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Did you intentionally make the section in parenthesis work with the song? If so, well done!

I had typed it without thinking about it, but reread it before submitting, said "heh, look at that." So, let's call it pseudo-intentional?

It did dawn on me that I actually have had physical contact with dad when I am helping get him up and down steps, into the car or shower. But since I'm wearing a mask and those are basically me acting as a support structure, I'm not counting them.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

10/27

All the Kickstarters I've backed in the last few years should start delivering next year hopefully, that'll be fun.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

10/27

- Galaxy season is coming up for astronomy, so there is that.  Or maybe I just want to be able to try to photograph M42 and Barnard's Loop. Second is probably more likely with my current equipment.

- I should have an airbrush by then, so... AIRBRUSH! 

- more painted minis

- a living room that's tidier

- a dining room that's tidier

- new glasses! (current prescription is ten years old, and it's definitely showing) 

- more terrain for gaming table, especially scatter (I have plans to pick up more stuff from Global Evil Corp, as well as from Brutal Cities and Steel Warrior Studios) 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

10/27

Hopefully be able to pull a bit of normalcy out of the ashes, and be able to have tournaments at the FLGS and go on day trips to see the next Marvel movie.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

10/27

Hopefully a viable solution to the crisis we (the world) are in right now.

I'm grateful that I get to play rpgs at my FLGS right now, but I'd rather it go back to way it was pre-pandemic. I want the FLGS to filled with people along with the people there for my game vs one event per night & such. I definitely want to go back to normal sitting arraignments for rpgs vs the social distancing format.

In person ReaperCon

(add in): Marvel (MCU) movies on the big screen!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

10/27

Looking forward to implies some sort of certainty, so lets go with:

The new season of The Expanse (starts Dec 16th but still.....)

Getting to play the Clone Wars factions in SW Legion (my wife is hopefully getting me the starter for Christmas)

Having a fully* painted Imperial army for Legion. (where fully is defined as having at least one of each currently released unit painted)

It not being 2020.

Now things I'm HOPING for in 2021:

Getting back to the Montreal Grand Prix.

A full season at the track.

A decent season of autoslalom (assuming they get to keep using the lot ) and the related work I need to do on my car.

Having a fully* painted Imperial army for Legion. (where fully is defined as having all of the units I own for that faction painted)

Going to work, at my desk, at the office. (I wonder what's in my drawers?.....)

• Like 10