Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

On 10/26/2020 at 5:36 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Monday, October 26th:

Today is National Pumpkin Day. Have you obtained your pumpkin for carving? Have you carved it yet?

Have you ever roasted a pumpkin? What's your favorite pumpkin (or pumpkin spiced) food/drink?

Oh boy, do we have pumpkins. Mom grew them in the garden this year, so we have at least 20 (no goblin math, really) of them in the garage. She was supposed to give them away at Thanksgiving, but that was a fiasco and got cancelled. I had to work last weekend, or I would've taken a bunch to church. So they will sit in the garage until february, when someone is trying to figure out what that wretched smell is, then they will go out the door, the same as every other year...

I made the mistake of boiling a pumpkin one year... yeah, no. It was awful. For the record, you roast pumpkins in chunks with the skin on, then use the gooey interior for pies and such. It's so much cheaper than buying it in the store. You can sneak pumpkin puree in all kinds of things to make them healthy, and kids and husbands are none the wiser. 

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

You're home sick with a nasty cold. Stuck on the couch and good for nothing. What are you watching, eating, and drinking?

Oh no you don't. Today is my birthday, don't you dare. Agents of MEOW, come to my aid! Devour this horrible hamster!

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

You're home sick with a nasty cold. Stuck on the couch and good for nothing. What are you watching, eating, and drinking?

When I started self-isolation I bought enough food to last me the entire time, and also snacks and energy drinks to get me through it. Currently reinstalling Skyrim, I spent a lot of time making it look pretty and now I'm spending time making it sound pretty.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

I'd probably be watching cartoons.  I've got a couple seasons of Clone Wars left, and then Rebels, and then the Resistance.......

But if I get really sick I often can't really focus on TV, so then I just leave it on a discovery or history channel and watch the bits when I can focus.

If I'm that sick, probably toast.

And drinking diet pop or tea, maybe some juice.

• Like 9

On 10/27/2020 at 6:06 AM, Crowley said:

10/27

What's something your looking forward to in 2021?

I'm hoping there will be some sort of normalcy returning to the world. Not holding my breath. 

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Pretty much the same as any other day I'm in the house with more sleeping and less moving. Youtube, Netflix or videogames, maybe painting a bit if I can be upright. Food would be mostly the same as always but with higher levels of garlic, honey with cinnamon and liquid soups. I tend to prefer thick soups over hot, salty water most days. 90+% of the time I just drink water but with a bad cold I'll sometimes drink more tea with honey (especially if I have a sore throat) and sometimes a big shot of vodka with black pepper before bed. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Watching: something I've already seen, so I can doze in and out of sleep, and use the passage of episodes to judge time. Maybe The Witcher.

Eating: dry toast, possibly some soup depending on the state of the stomach.

Drinking: Bleac- wait, no no no no! All seriousness, cough syrup, ginger ale and orange juice. Not necessarily all at once, but if it's that nasty of a cold, you never know.

3 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

Angel - (just added to Amazon Streaming) 

I always did like the music for the intro credits.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

As I rarely get sick enough to stay home (thank goodness for a great immune system!!) I don't really have a routine for it. It's more or less lay on the couch & thumb through the channels.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Watching:Twitch mini painting shows. Eating: probably chips and salsa. Drinking: hot apple cider vinegar 'tea' with honey, or water.

I don't like being sick; I fight back.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Watching--the backs of my eyelids (sleeping) or reading a book

Eating--whatever's available/chicken noodle soup

Drinking--water or the 'magical, make you feel better fast' tea mixture that we have. Yes, that's what it's called. No, I can't tell you what's in it; that's classified.

I have a pretty good immune system, though; I rarely get sick like that.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

What is this sick thing you speak of?  It sounds like an excuse to stay home and do nothing.  I want a sick day!  ...oh wait.  I just use those as regular vacation days.  No stuck sitting on the couch for me.

• Like 10

On 10/27/2020 at 8:06 AM, Crowley said:

10/27

3 months off to spend with the Hamsterling

ReaperCon in person? Though it's unlikely I'll be able to go...

Bones V delivery.... but where am I gonna put it...

11 hours ago, Crowley said:

Watching: I'll probably rewatch some Star Trek.

Eating: Chicken Noodle Soup, crackers

Drinking: Ginger Ale (if my stomach is upset) tea, hot toddy.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Crowley said:

Watching- something lightweight that I can rewatch plenty of time because I'll probably be calling asleep midway through anyway. Nothing horror related because cold and flu meds give me horrifically bad dreams and I don't need anymore literal nightmare fuel at times like that.

Eating- Whatever my housemate puts in front of me. Probably comfort food, like a mashed potato and cheese sandwich or macaroni cheese. Mango sorbet is amazing for a sore throat too

Drinking- Tomato soup or veggie broth, Orange juice or lots and lots of tea.

If I'm that bad then I'll definitely have all the cats sleeping on me like a bunch of fuzzy little hot water bottles. The last time I had the flu, our two boys would walk slowly on either side of me as I wobbled about. It was nice having a little honour guard, even if I was only going to and from the bathroom^_^

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 9

On 10/27/2020 at 7:06 AM, Crowley said:

10/27

Getting settled in our new home in Arkansas.

• Like 10

Question for 10/29

Spoiler

image.png.e70212eecb6608e35efefa279cf15585.png

What was something that happened to you that you didn't expect. Did it turn out okay? Or were you forced to endure.... The Comfy Chair?

• Haha 7

34 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for 10/29

Hide contents

What was something that happened to you that you didn't expect. Did it turn out okay? Or were you forced to endure.... The Comfy Chair?

Significant weight loss during they year while sitting in The Comfy (Home Office) Chair.

I was already on that path for several years, but the speed of the small tweaks I brought to it surprised me.

• Like 9

Question for 10/29

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e70212eecb6608e35efefa279cf15585.png

This year has been full of surprises.  Thankfully not all of them terrible.  My partner of five years proposed to me at the beginning of the year.  It's been exciting, but largely the same.  Unfortunately we may have to push back our wedding another year.  But if we're going to have a celebration, we'd rather wait to do it when all our friends can safely attend.

In smaller surprises, a bunch of my friends conspired behind my back and chipped in to get a certain five-headed monstrosity shipped to me for my birthday back in April.  Still need to get working on that one XD

• Like 11