Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Halloween Eve

Devil's Night

Mischief Night

What mischief have you gotten up to lately? What's a mischievous activity you engaged in as a youth?

Do you enjoy fires? Anything from candles to bonfires.

Lately myself and a couple coworkers have been stealing pens from one another and putting them on the other guys desk/workbench. Riveting stuff, right there.

As a teenager I ditched classes/school with some regularity. I was generally well behaved, though. I was an only child, so there wasn't anyone else to blame stuff on. I learned fairly early on that 'the dog did it' didn't work anywhere near as well as I'd thought it would.

Of course this also meant that I developed my stealth skills rather early.:devil:

Yes, I enjoy fires. Candles are nice, but pets make them problematic. Bonfires are cool, camping/cooking fires are cool.

Fire mischief: I once intentionally set myself on fire. I had discovered that various flammable liquids (in small amounts) would burn away without damaging the surface they were on. Taking this information to it's next logical step, I poured a liberal amount of alcohol onto the leather jacket I was wearing, lit it up and walked around the corner of the shed at a party I was at. Scared the bejiminys out of everybody.::D::devil:

My dad was a member of the volunteer fire department, and before I joined the Navy, I was a member briefly as well. There was an older gentleman who had passed away with no relatives/heirs, so he left his house to the town. If I remember correctly, he was 90 ish when he died. He hadn't been able to keep up with the house, so it was in pretty rough shape, and the town had determined that it would take far too much money to restore it, so they gave it to the fire department to use for training. After a couple years of use, we (the fire department) burned it down. We spent all day in that house doing 'rescue' training, as well as hose handling and fire fighting training. I can only imaging what was going through people's minds as they were driving by and the fire department was just standing around watching this house burn.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

We spent all day in that house doing 'rescue' training, as well as hose handling and fire fighting training. I can only imaging what was going through people's minds as they were driving by and the fire department was just standing around watching this house burn.

Having been witness to such in Cold Lake as a five or six year old... There's definitely the whole "but they're supposed to save houses!" argument you go through, to say the least... Four or five fire trucks there, all hooked in, and ready to go, but almost all of the firefighters just watched. 

Sadly, not one of them had marshmallows on a stick... My child self was disappointed once dad mentioned it was for training, and none of them thought to bring marshmallows, or stuff for s'mores.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Devil's Night

Mischief Night

What mischief have you gotten up to lately? What's a mischievous activity you engaged in as a youth?

Do you really need to ask this to a wild mage? On an unrelated note, Cthulhu doesn't always have a sense of humour.

As for the second question, I have access to fireball. Sometimes even intentionally!

• Haha 9

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Devil's Night

Mischief Night

Mischief? Nope, it wasn't me....

Love fires (when contained). My current home has a firepace with a 3 foot square opening. It is amazing. Like having a bonfire in the house. :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It has been my pleasure to be your quisitor for this the spookiest of months.

Halloween!

The veil is thin. Ghouls and goblins gallivant. Werewolves go for Chinese food. Ghosts hang out in their favorite haunts. Witches gather together over their craft brews...

What supernatural creature do you want to spend the day hanging out with, and what fun activity do you engage in?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Halloween!

The veil is thin. Ghouls and goblins gallivant. Werewolves go for Chinese food. Ghosts hang out in their favorite haunts. Witches gather together over their craft brews...

What supernatural creature do you want to spend the day hanging out with, and what fun activity do you engage in?

A Twitter friend of mine writes books about "good boy werewolf biker mercenaries" and those are the kind I would like to hang out with. Failing that, I'd want to spend time with ghosts. I like history.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

Failing that, I'd want to spend time with ghosts. I like history.

That's an excellent answer! I never even thought about it that way.

• Like 11

23 hours ago, Crowley said:

Devil's Night

Mischief Night

Nothing much in the way of mischief... As a youth, we'll just leave that information locked away, but there was plenty... 

Love fire.  The heat from it in the winter and flicker of flames is so relaxing and the smell from a good bonfire that stays with you after curl up to sleep.. mmmmm...

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Halloween!

During the day? Vampires!

It just seems much safer than hanging with them at night.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Haha 13

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Halloween!

Thank you @Crowley for this month! Get some sleep!

Given that tonight is a blue moon, I'm going to have to go with the werewolves. Especially if they are going out for Chinese food. Everyone always wants to interview the vampire, but I want to run with the pack for the night. We can throw back a few Blue Moon beers with orange slices before running wild.

Do you think the Wild Hunt will be out in full force tonight? Because that's my second choice.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Halloween!

There are no FUN plans for the day. I will hang out with my Goblins, Faerie Folk, Mushrooms, Trees. & Cap'n John.

DSCN0103.thumb.JPG.9cc7fa65b6c226591155dc43e17fa1bd.JPG

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Halloween!

Werewolves and/or kitsunes. About the only thing I'll mention we would get up to would be to go for some teppanyaki and/or sushi.  The rest? Yeah, no comment on that mischief. Candy, cookies, cake, and pie will probably be involved though, but a good amount is redacted. 

...Lets just say it would be quite the movie night ^_^

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Halloween!

Flumphs dressed in adventurer costumes. Which I hope that Reaper will eventually make, but I need more people to join the Flumph Revolution.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Thank you @Crowley for this month! Get some sleep!

Given that tonight is a blue moon, I'm going to have to go with the werewolves. Especially if they are going out for Chinese food. Everyone always wants to interview the vampire, but I want to run with the pack for the night. We can throw back a few Blue Moon beers with orange slices before running wild.

Do you think the Wild Hunt will be out in full force tonight? Because that's my second choice.

You're welcome, and thanks.

The wild hunt? Probably.

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

There are no FUN plans for the day. I will hang out with my Goblins, Faerie Folk, Mushrooms, Trees. & Cap'n John.

DSCN0103.thumb.JPG.9cc7fa65b6c226591155dc43e17fa1bd.JPG

That sounds fun to me!

26 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Flumphs dressed in adventurer costumes. Which I hope that Reaper will eventually make, but I need more people to join the Flumph Revolution.

Viva la Revolution!

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Halloween!

Who could resist a date with a nice witch?

Maybe learn a few tricks.

But I guess my girl wouldn't approve of that, so I'll probably be howling at the Moon with the brothers and go for the Chinese food..

• Like 11