Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

34 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

It's a busy Sunday, but you find yourself with 30 minutes where you can do whatever you want to do. How do you spend those precious minutes?

First answer that comes to mind is.... Redacted.  Second and third are also redacted... 

...Yup, Elite:Dangerous, and since I can do anything I want I'm going to drive around canyons in an SRV at angles as steep as 55 degrees, where you're fighting just to keep the wheels on the ground and not mimic the piece of ore you just blasted off and have been chasing down the hill for the past two minutes... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

It's a busy Sunday, but you find yourself with 30 minutes where you can do whatever you want to do. How do you spend those precious minutes?

Busy Sunday?

Then 30 minutes of quiet time is prescribed. Preferably lying down with a comfy pillow/cushion.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

Spend the next half hour deciding what I'm going to do with the 30 minutes.

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

Take Brutus for a walk, maybe cook something or paint something.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

Set up a pool chair, crank the heat up to 85 degrees (F), remove the appropriate amount of clothing for said temp, and pretend I am on a tropical private beach.

• Like 9

On 10/3/2020 at 8:22 AM, Crowley said:

*Quisitor hamster yawns... sniffs freshly brewed coffee...

October the 3rd

What is the best thing to have happened to you this year so far?

Happened to me? Nothing comes to mind. The external events of 2020 have been pretty relentlessly terrible.

For things we've done for ourselves, Lady Klarg and I took a vacation back in February which was very nice.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:22 AM, Crowley said:

What is the best thing you've done for someone else?

I have been able to be there for my father during some of the hardest times of his life.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

Probably read. I've haven't been reading much the last few years. I don't know why. I love reading. I blame my smart phone and YouTube.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Mine is also read.  Can't say that I have not done much reading except in relation to reading I've done before.  I am only reading two to four a week.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

I would do what I always do, waste them on something pointless.

• Like 10

On 10/1/2020 at 1:00 PM, Crowley said:

October 1st - The spooky season is upon us! What is your favorite horror/supernatural/Halloween themed entertainment? Can be anything... tv, movie, book, comedy special, burlesque show... Don't limit yourself!

I absolutely love horror movies and I usually spend the last half of October watching as many of my favorites as possible. Horror, more so than any other genre has such a massive range of quality so it's nice to settle down and watch some films that I know are going to be awesome. The current list includes

Dog Soldiers

The Descent(international version)

An American Werewolf in London

The Fog

V/H/S

The Thing

Cabin in the Woods

The Fly

Poltergeist

The Ritual 

Train to Busan

We're adding A Quiet Place, Happy Death Day, IT:Chapter One and Doctor Sleep this year. I'm sure I've missed out some titles, but I've got a couple of weeks left to figure it out

We always watch the original Halloween on the 31st. I used to watch it with my Mum every year and it's nice to keep that  little tradition going. I'm sure that she'd approve, along with continuing our tradition of watching Gremlins on Christmas morning and the Wizard of Oz at New Years.

On 10/2/2020 at 12:42 PM, Crowley said:

Question for October the Second

As I am expecting to become a parent rather imminently, what's one piece of advice you'd give me?

Sleep when you can and prepare to have all your priorities changed. Also, make sure you get one of these :lol:

b71ab55834a7a428dd7020861a7f8e6e.thumb.jpg.7588f6f9914203547b7c628af776ad96.jpg

On 10/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, Crowley said:

October the 3rd

I'm going to defer my "best" answer until tomorrow, because I need access to my camera to full explain it. Obviously, wildlife is involved because it's me ::P:

I think the best thing that we've done is our continuing food/necessity deliveries to our elder neighbors. They both have underlying conditions and don't really know how to order stuff online, so we've been helping them since March. I'm happier knowing that they're NOT venturing out into crowded places with all medical issues that they have to endure.

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

Probably sit down at my desk and slap some paint on a mini. I can't do that much damage in half an hour, right? <_<

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Sleep when you can and prepare to have all your priorities changed. Also, make sure you get one of these :lol:

b71ab55834a7a428dd7020861a7f8e6e.thumb.jpg.7588f6f9914203547b7c628af776ad96.jpg

THAT'S ADORABLE!!!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

Of the various things I have ongoing, reading a few Prince Valiant comics from the reprint collections would fit best in the half hour.  It would make for a very short nap as an alternative, or a walk around the block to enjoy the beatiful weather.

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

Probably take a nap or lie down or spend time with family. 

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

THAT'S ADORABLE!!!!

Seconded. :wub::wub:

• Like 8

On 10/2/2020 at 6:42 AM, Crowley said:

Question for October the Second

As I am expecting to become a parent rather imminently, what's one piece of advice you'd give me?

Do not stay overnight at the hospital while your wife is there with the baby.  She'll have the support of nurses then.  All you will be able to do is lose sleep.  Instead, go home and sleep as much as you can while she is there, then when they come home, you will be refreshed and able to support her and the the baby much better.

We'd made that mistake with our first child and it made those first weeks so much worse for all of us.  I stayed home for our second and was able to take on a much larger burden for my wife and we all had a much better experience simply because I was rested enough to allow her to rest.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 10/3/2020 at 7:22 AM, Crowley said:

October the 3rd

My eldest got engaged, AND I made the ring he gave her:

Spoiler

78400623_2988064264613790_936011096219713536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=dHDRM5SUpMoAX-QaZ5C&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=57c241022a02dcb85fcca19d26a8c961&oe=5FA0D387

On 10/4/2020 at 10:16 AM, Crowley said:

Question for October 4th

Probably take a nap.  I like naps.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4