Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting to Know You - October Edition

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Question for October the Fifth!

In the list of discontinued paints, what are you going to miss the most when your supply runs out?

All those purples!

The red and green liner

And Stained Ivory!

Oh well, there's always scale 75 and vallejo..

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

In the list of discontinued paints, what are you going to miss the most when your supply runs out?

I haven't internalized the whole list, but I am going to miss the olive drab triad.

I'll miss the Khaki shadow and stained ivory, but I think I can work around them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Deep Twilight Triad hits hardest, those are my go to purples for necromancers and witches. Turkey Brown and Hearthfire are also gonna hurt, but not as badly as the purples. But since my supply is still mostly full, I'm sure by the time it becomes an issue, I'll have figured out a replacement.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Payne's Grey was the first of my discontinued favorites, followed closely by russet & red violet.

I have found a splendid new red violet & a reasonable substitute for the russet, however.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Crowley said:

The Rose triad and the Faded Purple triad.  Both are go to paint for mouth painting.  Chestnut Gold is another favorite.

That said, at the speed I paint, it'll be another 10 years before I notice.

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Since I really don't use them, there won't be much to miss... but I have tissues and a shoulder to cry on for anyone who needs them. :unsure:

I have the Dusky Skin triad, but never used it. Maybe if I ever do the Box o Good Will paint on that list will find it's way into it.

• Like 8

Best thing that happened this year...I'm not really sure there has been much good. I reconnected with a friend that has been somewhat distant for a decade or so. However, being who I am I'm a bit suspicious of her motives. Will wait and see how that shakes out.

My favorite way to spend any spare time I have (I don't have any) is a quick nap on the couch with a big hoodie on . 

I'm in no distinct danger of running out of any color. I paint super slow. However, Deadrose Red HD is one of the greatest colors Reaper ever made, it's right up there with Blue Liner and Walnut Brown. I love Reaper paints, and they make life easier, but over the last few years I've been using more and more artist paints on my minis. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Crowley said:

malvernian purple. I used it as the base color form my space marine army. with violet light as a second place because I used it as the shadows for the same army 

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Hard to say, but the three named CAV paints are nice ones, as is prom night pink and the other two in that triad. 

I'm also a little worried about seeing the Xmas ones on the list too, because I've heard so many good things about coal black... Not that I've ever been able to risk buying them, since they were only ever available in December, when it's almost always -20C outside... 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Hard to say, but the three named CAV paints are nice ones, as is prom night pink and the other two in that triad. 

I'm also a little worried about seeing the Xmas ones on the list too, because I've heard so many good things about coal black... Not that I've ever been able to risk buying them, since they were only ever available in December, when it's almost always -20C outside... 

Yup, I ordered the set back then and three or four paints are useless since they got frozen and couldn't be saved.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

19 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm also a little worried about seeing the Xmas ones on the list too, because I've heard so many good things about coal black...

They’ll be back this Xmas. 

17 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:
20 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

[ ... ] risk buying them, since they were only ever available in December, when it's almost always -20C outside... 

Yup, I ordered the set back then and three or four paints are useless since they got frozen and couldn't be saved.

Some means of Delayed Order Shipping is the answer to this problem...kinda like Delayed Blast Fireball but a much longer delay, and paint, not flame. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/3/2020 at 8:22 AM, Crowley said:

*Quisitor hamster yawns... sniffs freshly brewed coffee...

October the 3rd

What is the best thing to have happened to you this year so far?

What is the best thing you've done for someone else?

definitely answered this question already.  :poke: ::D: :wub:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1