Sign in to follow this  
CaptainPete

Halloween 2020 Horror Movie (and etc) Thread

10 hours ago, Talae said:

Started the series "Haunting at Hill House" while painting last night. Seems like a good show.

Wow. This show is great! One of the best Netflix shows I have watched. Too bad there is only one series and I heard the sister series Bry House gets mixed reviews.

• Like 3

On 10/25/2020 at 4:00 PM, Crowley said:

Up this afternoon: Rocky Horror Picture Show! I'm so embarrassed to have left that off the list...

It's never truly Halloween for me without at least one viewing of this.

I remember being adamant in college about how much I disliked musicals... I mean, come on, how little work would get done if everyone literally stopped to sing about what they were doing or how they felt about it every 5 minutes? But, RHPS is one that I love, and Little Shop of Horrors is another one I enjoy (only version I've seen is the Rick Moranis one). And that's another Halloween movie if you can find it.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 4:00 PM, Crowley said:

Up this afternoon: Rocky Horror Picture Show! I'm so embarrassed to have left that off the list...

Hamsterling was getting into it too

IMG_20201025_160332.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 1:11 PM, Cranky Dog said:

You are ready: Honest Trailers: "Us"

and down the rabbit hole.  

I really like Honest trailers, and am careful not to watch trailers for movies I actually liked. 

so  I was able to stop after a half dozen or so. (maybe 10) 

that trailer caught all of my issues and added  even more in the burst of issues at the end. I do want to go look for a explanation of the racial allegory - 

_ liked the themes and subtext of "Get Out" for instance, but this one was not as obvious - 

until I read an article or two (just now) and started looking for subtext.   That movie needs to be looked at through more than one lense. 

Loved the first Hill House ,

But the Bly House did not hold my interest very well ... 4 episodes and i moved on. 

• Like 3

We just watched Ghost Story, the one with Fred Astaire and Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

I had forgotten how much nudity and sex was in that movie.... The early eighties was a different time.

Still pretty scary - jump scares and all.

Next - Creep Show... both of them. ::): Megan has seen those - we're in Maine, a good Stephen King movie is mandatory.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

On 10/27/2020 at 3:25 AM, Evilhalfling said:

and down the rabbit hole.  

I really like Honest trailers, and am careful not to watch trailers for movies I actually liked. 

so  I was able to stop after a half dozen or so. (maybe 10) 

I totally get that, I'm feel the same about the Pitch Meeting videos. The John Wick one is particularly awesome.

We had a little bit of a John Carpenter fest in the last couple of days, we watched The Thing, Prince of Darkness, The Fog and They Live. 

Halloween(1978 and 2018) is being saved for the night itself because I used to watch the probation with my mum when I was little so it's kind of a tradition now. 

Edited by Kuroneko
Wrong date :(
  • Like 3

My copy of Return Of The Living Dead 3 turned up  and has been added to my pile for the weekend. I might try to watch the original Mummy before bed this morning.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

My copy of Return Of The Living Dead 3 turned up  and has been added to my pile for the weekend. I might try to watch the original Mummy before bed this morning.

The Mummy surprised me.

He shows up mostly without the wrappings, and the wrappings only seen trailing behind him as he leaves in the beginning og the movie.

Karloff was hella scarier as the mummy than as Frankenstein.

17 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

We just watched Ghost Story, the one with Fred Astaire and Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

I had forgotten how much nudity and sex was in that movie.... The early eighties was a different time.

Still pretty scary - jump scares and all.

Next - Creep Show... both of them. ::): Megan has seen those - we're in Maine, a good Stephen King movie is mandatory.

The Auld Grump

Oh, Geordie, you better not screw up this time! :lol:

There was a scene in Ghost Storie that made me wish we had a bigger tub. ::D:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went back through the thread, and unless I missed them (entirely possible) we've tragically left some off the list!

1) The Lost Boys

2) Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight

3) Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood

I think I will watch the TftC movies today/tonight, but which to watch first? I'm leaning towards Demon Knight because of William Sadler and Billy Zane. Bordello of Blood wasn't as good to me.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 8:36 AM, Kuroneko said:

I totally get that, I'm feel the same about the Pitch Meeting videos. The John Wick one is particularly awesome.

The Honest Trailer Reaction video with Stahelsk and Leitch is awesome too.

We watched Jennifer's Body tonight. I really like that movie, and I think Megan Fox is a better actor than she gets credit for. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I went back through the thread, and unless I missed them (entirely possible) we've tragically left some off the list!

1) The Lost Boys

2) Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight

3) Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood

I think I will watch the TftC movies today/tonight, but which to watch first? I'm leaning towards Demon Knight because of William Sadler and Billy Zane. Bordello of Blood wasn't as good to me.

Have you seen the Sequels to the Lost Boys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlq33dZYNQA

https://youtu.be/asWRaKX042s

I got overruled on the Hammer Collection - Megan wants stuff that Brigid can join us for - and it looks like tomorrow is a true tradition -

A long time ago, longer now than it seems,

In a place you've maybe seen in your dreams.

For the story that is about to unfold.

Takes place in the Holiday lands of old.

You may have wondered where holidays come from.

If you haven't, I think that it's time you've begun....

On 10/29/2020 at 5:23 PM, PaganMegan said:

There was a scene in Ghost Story that made me wish we had a bigger tub. ::D:

As long as you don't turn into a rotting corpse.... :zombie:

Ghost Story and The Shining had lasting effects on younger me....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3

Well we watched the first episode of The Mandalorian (S2), then I turned it over to the last half hour of Clue.  I love that movie.

Then It started.  I did not realize that Seth Green was one of the kids ("Beep-beep, Richie")!

• Like 1

I'm starting things off with Phantasm today. There was an intro with the Tall Man himself and it was hard to watch...
Next up, I'm thinking Return Of The Living Dead and then Return 3. If I can stay up that long.

• Like 2