Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

BEAST of CRONOS by GLITTERWOLF

55 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

He looks great, I particularly love the way you did the eyes!

Thank you!

Glad you approve!

• Like 1

Looks like he was sanded down but it looks really good.  I can see a few lines if I look really close on the top, althougth there are a few more lines on the bottom but it still looks really great.  I love the eyes and the mottling on the green skin.  Nicely don't there!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Looks like he was sanded down but it looks really good.  I can see a few lines if I look really close on the top, althougth there are a few more lines on the bottom but it still looks really great.  I love the eyes and the mottling on the green skin.  Nicely don't there!

Thank you!

I also have a Spinosaurus waiting for paint from the same KS, already paitned the 9 gill shark( that was even worse, I used milliput on the bottom of the fins to smooth that one out)

It did make me decide to go for the resin printer since I mostly print minis.

Still they were rather cheap and it made me see what can be done.

I did always want a Cronosaurus mini and all in all it's a nice design.

Should have gone for the resin one in hindsight, but I'm not going to get another one.

Maybe if I find one with a different pose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Thank you!

I also have a Spinosaurus waiting for paint from the same KS, already paitned the 9 gill shark( that was even worse, I used milliput on the bottom of the fins to smooth that one out)

It did make me decide to go for the resin printer since I mostly print minis.

Still they were rather cheap and it made me see what can be done.

I did always want a Cronosaurus mini and all in all it's a nice design.

Should have gone for the resin one in hindsight, but I'm not going to get another one.

Maybe if I find one with a different pose.

I like FDM for terrain and larger pieces and also when you can use a finer setting.  a lot of the time the print houses turn out things at 1 or 1.5mm layer thickness and that does not work for anything with a skin.  a 0.05 layer thickness provides a much smoother transition but it can double the print time.  Personally I am trying to talk a friend into getting his resin printer in operation so he can do resin prints and I can do FDM prints and we can trade between us.  For reasons I still don't understand yet, I don't want to be bothered with the curing process, not really sure why, I certainly don't mind playing with chemicals...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I like FDM for terrain and larger pieces and also when you can use a finer setting.  a lot of the time the print houses turn out things at 1 or 1.5mm layer thickness and that does not work for anything with a skin.  a 0.05 layer thickness provides a much smoother transition but it can double the print time.  Personally I am trying to talk a friend into getting his resin printer in operation so he can do resin prints and I can do FDM prints and we can trade between us.  For reasons I still don't understand yet, I don't want to be bothered with the curing process, not really sure why, I certainly don't mind playing with chemicals...

I just use a mask and gloves when cleaning the resin.

Then remove supports.

Curing is the easy part, out in the Sun or under a naildryer.

I on the other hand am reluctant to get a FDM printer.

I would like it for some large builings etc, but I feel there is too much fiddling with nozzles, clogging etc..

To me, I feel a resin printer is plug and play while I feel not technical enough to deal with a FDM one.

If you were my neighbour I would definitely trade projects.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I agree, really like how the eyes came out.

Thank you!

I'm happy you like it!

17 minutes ago, R2ED said:

Another reason i don't swim in the ocean. 

It seems they're extinct, although I like to think that maybe...somewhere...a few are still around.

I mean we did think the Coelacanth was extinct and it's still here.

Nessie anyone?

Hmmmm maybe they live in the Bermuda Triangle, could explain some things.

Edited by Glitterwolf

5 minutes ago, Fencig said:

very cool model

Thx!

Comments like these are motivating to paint more.

1 hour ago, Peithetairos said:

Great basing and fine colour scheme. The print lines are indeed a pity, but maybe you can paint a second one up?

Thank you.

And no, because I got this as a physical print from a KS in FDM.

This was before I got myself a printer and I don't have the files.

But I do have several other things on file.

Next prehistoric seamonster is something I can print in resin myself.

When I get to it, it will be this one from Lord of the Print.

image.png.1c66d680d82b0cf7bb1f16a5e1aa319b.png

• Like 4