Wizkids Elves

Iridil

Here is a trio of Wizkids elves painted up for tabletop. It was very annoying to get to the bowman's face - so its not really painted in detail. I have mixed feeling about wizkids humanoids.... I feel a bit grumpy about how these didn't turn out, but its' my fault... I do like the yellow velveteen effect I got on the one cloak...

WizKidsElves_front1.JPG

WizKidsElvesback2.JPG

• Like 20

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about their humanoid figures, I like a lot of their monsters, though.

If you're happy with how the yellow cloak turned out it was worth the effort to do; now you'll be able to take what you learned here and use it elsewhere. :winkthumbs:

• Like 2

Thanks for all the kind words! I really do have mixed feeling about the wizkids humanoids - on the one hand I like the slender builds of them and some of the poses - on the other hand detail can be shallow and a bit odd - somehow the folds in the cloaks seem strange to me, and I have a hard time painting them.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:57 AM, Iridil said:

Thanks for all the kind words! I really do have mixed feeling about the wizkids humanoids - on the one hand I like the slender builds of them and some of the poses - on the other hand detail can be shallow and a bit odd - somehow the folds in the cloaks seem strange to me, and I have a hard time painting them.

Exactly! Most of the monster figs are rad and have great detail, as do most of the nick-nacks (I love the telescope and sextet). But the humanoids are all just meh and hard to work with.