Sign in to follow this  
Iridil

Wizkids Elves

Here is a trio of Wizkids elves painted up for tabletop. It was very annoying to get to the bowman's face - so its not really painted in detail. I have mixed feeling about wizkids humanoids.... I feel a bit grumpy about how these didn't turn out, but its' my fault... I do like the yellow velveteen effect I got on the one cloak...

WizKidsElves_front1.JPG

WizKidsElvesback2.JPG

• Like 20

I agree with you about their humanoid figures, I like a lot of their monsters, though.

If you're happy with how the yellow cloak turned out it was worth the effort to do; now you'll be able to take what you learned here and use it elsewhere. :winkthumbs:

• Like 2

I'd agree with the above, the humanoids are really hit or miss from wizkids, the monsters tend to be alright. But yes, I've definitely had my fair share of play-dough faces on the people. NIce work on that cloak!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to try some WizKids, they are always staring at me and tempting me when I'm at my FLGS.  Maybe someday.

These look great even though it sounds like they were working against you a bit

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the kind words! I really do have mixed feeling about the wizkids humanoids - on the one hand I like the slender builds of them and some of the poses - on the other hand detail can be shallow and a bit odd - somehow the folds in the cloaks seem strange to me, and I have a hard time painting them.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:57 AM, Iridil said:

Thanks for all the kind words! I really do have mixed feeling about the wizkids humanoids - on the one hand I like the slender builds of them and some of the poses - on the other hand detail can be shallow and a bit odd - somehow the folds in the cloaks seem strange to me, and I have a hard time painting them.

Exactly! Most of the monster figs are rad and have great detail, as do most of the nick-nacks (I love the telescope and sextet). But the humanoids are all just meh and hard to work with. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this