Sign in to follow this  
QuickQ

Reaper Vex Needle Spray Pattern Comparison

Hi Reaper and Reaper fans,

I'm sold on the convenience of swapping the needles on the fly, but I'll be on the fence about the buying a Vex until I've seen how each needle performs with the same nozzle.

Could someone with access to the Vex do a quick scaled comparison of the spray pattern you can achieve with the different needle sizes? Nothing fancy just a side-by-side of some squiggles and dots. I thought this info might be hiding in a review or promotional material but I'm not having any luck finding it.

Thanks in advance,

QuickQ

• Like 2

You are in the wrong correct forum.  Did you check any other posts FAQs?  This is a miniature painting and modeling forum.  But And welcome just the same!  This is definitely the place to ask about airbrushes!

Edit:  Woops!  Reaper makes an airbrush!?

Edited by BLZeebub
learned to read in the South...
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Erh.. no. This is not the wrong forum for an airbrush question. A lot of us use airbrushes to paint miniatures. 

Reaper's Vex is an airbrush, and it does count. 

Unfortunately, I don't have one, and I can't answer the question, but I bet there's someone who does and can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QuickQ said:

Hi Reaper and Reaper fans,

I'm sold on the convenience of swapping the needles on the fly, but I'll be on the fence about the buying a Vex until I've seen how each needle performs with the same nozzle.

Could someone with access to the Vex do a quick scaled comparison of the spray pattern you can achieve with the different needle sizes? Nothing fancy just a side-by-side of some squiggles and dots. I thought this info might be hiding in a review or promotional material but I'm not having any luck finding it.

Thanks in advance,

QuickQ

Welcome to the Forum.

Check out these threads:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92948-reaper-vex-airbrush-spare-parts/

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/62981-airbrushing-the-compendium/

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92567-anyone-have-2-of-these-spray-booths/

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3

Best person for the Vex right now is Aaron Lovejoy. He was one of the prototype testers & is a master airbrusher. You might find the info in one of his youtube videos. I'm not exactly sure what he goes by but I do know he is part of miniatures monthly group.

• Like 3

Thanks guys.

Taking Aaron's AB class this month and have asked him to squeeze in a quick demo.

Haven't been able to find anyone on the tubes, or web in general, showing the difference. Maybe it's just too new, and/or people aren't swapping needles once the find a size they like. If it's the latter, maybe the feature is more of a gimmick and you're better of buying an airbrush with a dedicated needle and nozzle combo like the Sotar.

Not trying to knock Reaper or the product, I want to give them my money for this innovative tech, just need a bit more proof to go along with the pudding :)

• Like 4

maybe ask someone who has a vex? does anyone on the forums have one and an experienced user?  Also, what are you comparing it too? 

On 10/10/2020 at 12:07 AM, QuickQ said:

Thanks Clearman, right idea but not enough info. I've looking for something closer to this:

P8XwkDw4vX8bBziYvaRuXlpAdzVW95RTERjBatHi

You can find it near the bottom of this page:

https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/badger-sotar

Sanjay