Lidless Eye Hobbies: All Zeds Must Re-Die!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, haldir said:

Blood trail is awesome on those claws. I like the claws too. I've printed up various hands & feet & I really like those. Are those for sale by themselves?

It was tricky, I actually ran out of my usual blood effect (Tamiya Clear Red) and tried to make one.  It's not as distinct as I was hoping.

They were actually part of their 2019 October Challenge, it was a promo and their first STLs before Patreon.  They did a different themed horror monster each day of the month.  They're doing it now but it's half split between their Patreon and give-aways.

Edit: Yes, they are now for sale as an STL on their website as just the set of hands.

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, haldir said:

Blood trail is awesome on those claws. I like the claws too. I've printed up various hands & feet & I really like those. Are those for sale by themselves?

Definitely check them out right now, they'll have 15 freebies and there's some great stuff already...had my fingers crossed for a Redcap and they uploaded one the day my Elegoo Mars acted up.  Woops!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KruleBear
      Another one bites the dust….😆

One of my favorite sculpt…but in the old Bones plastic. I put a little extra into the base, otherwise it was a pretty straight forward zen of Bones quick paint job. Overall I like the scheme and it has given me ideas for when I paint my metal version. Not sure about the green face and the blue glow under the rib cage is too subtle. 

And as an aside …..the quality of Testors Dullcoat is not nearly as good as it was a decade ago. The newer formulation continues to give me a semi gloss finish.  Oh well. 
    • By vulture
      My stash will arrive today!
      I haven't done a WIP in a very long time , something I intend to remedy.
      I am extremely excited to get my hands on my contribution to Bones 5, the Whispering Ghoulsbane. Maybe more so than any prior piece I have made. Seeing as how I don't actually have the mini in had at this moment, Id thought I'd fill this space with some history about the concept.

I like to watch reviews for feedback on pieces I've made (and learned a lot).  A few review waffled on what the thing was, exactly. Part of me revels in this ambiguity -it is what you want it to be. That said it does have a mundane monster  origin story.......wait, say, lets make a game of it!

Which "old school" monster served as the primary inspiration for the Whispering Ghoulsbane? take a guess.

Wait wait wait! it's here, at this very moment! Delivery! let the prepping begin.
      Step 1: Open the bag.

That is all for now.
    • By Glitterwolf
      So, youngest vixen's boyfriend mentioned my hobby when hanging with his friends.
      They like to play board games etc,.
      One of his friends asked if I would paint the minis for his Board Game - Dark Souls for him.

So...I agreed.
      He will let me know what he'd like for the bigger monsters.
      As for the characters and minions, he let me decide ( oh boy, shall I paint a rainbow skeleton?)

Anyway, here it goes.

• By Glitterwolf
      Design Vehicle and Crew: Titanforge
      Design: Fleeing Vampire in Front : Arch Villain Games
      Design Hanging Corpse : Printed Obsession
      Design Church Ruins: Printed Obsession
      Fleeing Winged Vampire : Reaper Bones Vorvorlake SKU 50329
      Graveyard Fence Part : Reaper
      Tombstones /Barrels/Books/ Weapons: Various.

Printed on Elegoo Mars in Resin.

Part of my Project Children of the Night.
      WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/page/17/

Vampires roam the land, but fear not, there are those who dedicated their lives to exterminate them.
      Here we can see how Ernst Holtz and his crew hunt down the evil creatures who were hiding in an abandoned cemetary.
      Once nobles and commoners alike donated money to the Order of the Vampire Hunters, but since the Baron's son and his wife ruled the Barony the order was mocked.
      People no longer believed in the supernatural.
      Ernst suspected the Baron's son and his wife to be behind it but he couldn't prove it yet.
      When he heard rumours of vampires in the area he assembled his crew and took out the now rusty Dampfhammer.
      He would show them!
      He would capture one of those vile creatures and show it to the people, they would believe again!
      Once more the vile Undead would flee before him!
      And maybe he could find out why the Baron's son and his wife wanted to get rid of the Order..

• By MoonglowMinis
      Alright.  So I want to share some old skeletons with you to both show off some of my older paintjobs, and to reflect on my growth over the past two and a half years.  An what better way to show off my growth in Bones, than with bones?

More Below Spoiler:

I am not a fan of repainting old models or painting another copy of something I've already painted.  I have so many minis in my collection that I'd rather keep moving forward.
      That said, I love painting similar things.  It's a great opportunity to reflect on your past projects and to compare where you started to where you've come.

I'd love to see some before and after photos of some of your works!
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)