Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

I need some help if you live in or near Fort Worth, Texas.

5 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

sending you a DM

Can I play too..... Also what level? :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 10/13/2020 at 12:25 PM, Reaper_Jon said:

@Chaoswolf
If you need you can ship it to Reaper and we can hold it for you? :) were only like 35 mins from fort worth. I'll put it in my office and wait for you to get here. 

reason # 563 of "Why Reaper is Awesome" 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

In other news though, once you're settled and the reaper gamestore is open again I'll look forward to meeting you at paint club some time.

• Like 8

On 10/20/2020 at 6:50 AM, malefactus said:

AND you will have to visit Here & I There as well.

That's out near lake Buchannan, right? Nice country, beautiful in April. if you value your sweat don't visit from May to August though, lol, that part of the state can make Denton feel like tundra....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/12/2020 at 6:12 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Since the company is asking us to move and covering the bill for a professional moving company, I'm not going to have that much (any) control of how stuff gets transported. If it goes on the the truck, it'll just be a couple more cardboard boxes among many. We're (probably) not driving down, so packing it into the car isn't really an option either.

Wait. You're not driving?  Does this mean you don't have a car?  Thats not the easiest city to live in without one.  I'm probably worrying over nothing but that could be tough.  Hope all goes well.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Wait. You're not driving?  Does this mean you don't have a car?  Thats not the easiest city to live in without one.  I'm probably worrying over nothing but that could be tough.  Hope all goes well.

With how that's written, my suspicion is either SeaRail the vehicle (or equivalent, aka rail transported vehicle) or sell at current place, then buy a replacement upon arrival in new place. 

• Like 4

I get the distance to be nearly 1700miles, or 25Hours driving. 

A best case in driving is  2 days, with one overnight at a hotel or motel. 

And you want to be 2 at least for that trip, because 12hours driving alone each day is an accident waiting to happen. 

(long stretches of interstate. Monotonus driving is even more effective than counting sheep... )

Add the 3 or 4 tanks of gas....   

(I get around 40mpg on my car. What does his car get?)  

It's quite probably cheaper to ship it and buy a plane ticket. 

Safer, too. 

• Like 5

Add to the equation cats that don't really like being in the car, and are quite willing to voice their unhappiness. As well as having to find a 'pet friendly' hotel that will actually accept cats. (Most don't)

Gadgetman has it right, we're most likely flying down and shipping the cars.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Add to the equation cats that don't really like being in the car, and are quite willing to voice their unhappiness. As well as having to find a 'pet friendly' hotel that will actually accept cats. (Most don't)

Gadgetman has it right, we're most likely flying down and shipping the cars.

We moved a 4 hour drive last year with 5 cats.  4 Hours was more than enough with the two I had in my car.....:blink:

• Like 5

Cats that doesn't like travel...   

My sister's cat is on the extreme end. She'll puke within minutes of the start of the trip, and spend the rest of it moaning. Not a pleasant experience for anyone. If she sees anyone handling the cat carrier in any way, she's off to hide immediately.       

Her previous cat would just make a fuss until she was let out of the cage. Then she'd make her way back and up on the hat shelf shere she would lay down and look at the traffic.   

• Like 5