Sign in to follow this  
lowlylowlycook

Ethiopianizing Jakub Rozalski

So, in order to avoid painting any more of my Teal Space Marines and at the same time have a force I could use to try and sell the idea of playing Grimdark Future to my 40k playing friends, I had the idea of adding some 40k tanks to my Ethiopians to make a Human Defense Force (aka Imperial Guard).  The force list could handle the infantry from the conscripts in traditional dress to the Imperial Guard so it seemed like a good fit.  But then I had what I think is a much better idea which is to use nothing but walkers and combine them with the largely peasant based agriculture of mid 20th century Ethiopia to make a skewed version of a Jakub Rozalski scene.  Something like this but set in Ethiopia

jakub-rozalski-saxony-harvest01s.thumb.jpg.00e2de930faded2beb8bd931ec8361c5.jpg

In short, I ordered too many models from Warlord's Konfliks 47 and Dust Tactics along with some flying transports from Mantic's Warpath line.  About half have arrived and I've assembled a couple and threw them on the table to make a scene that will hopefully motivate me to get this project going in a big way.

Inspiration_01.thumb.jpg.ce7f643327f665406f5e3ff2165fee1d.jpg

IMPERIAL GUARD CAVALRY CHARGE PAST GOATS AND WALKER AS IT LAYS DOWN SUPRESSION FIRE

Inspiration_02.thumb.jpg.4430701eb238fb661e73b17f18ae88ec.jpg

AIRBORN IMPERIAL GUARD DEPLOY IN SUPPORT OF LOCAL MILITIA WHILE DONKEYS LOOK ON

Inspiration_03.thumb.jpg.1f476b3900886e48aab62596011ca4cd.jpg

LOCAL MILITIAL POINTS A POWER ARMOR SQUAD TOWARDS ENEMY POSITION

• Like 12

I need to think more about their background.

Are they Ethiopians or are they Ethiopian colonists on a tidal locked planet where the difference between barely habitable desert and cool climate depends on the angle of the sun rather than on altitude?

Do they make these machines themselves or has the League of Nations (or League of Planets) decided to intervene and supply weapons they can use to secure their independence?

Who are their enemies?  Italians?  The zombified return of Ahmad Gragn?  Some victorian sci-fi brits under Lord Napier the VII?  The last could include space elephants with lasers...

Most likely their enemies with be Orks, Space Marines, Dark Eldar, etc.  

• Like 1

A further question:  Are all these walkers run by the Imperial Guard or do local nobles also have access.   This will have to be determined before I can decide who should donate heads...

IMG_20201013_153427792.thumb.jpg.ac5ff4e5558b675a925e07d697e8db54.jpg

Also, heavy weapons came in from Victoria Miniatures.   They are big and Askari's crew are kind of small...   Still I have to order more unless I start looking for other models that could work (maybe some crews in sun helmets?).

IMG_20201013_190102796.thumb.jpg.19248278a5537e60bb7527f276457a80.jpg

• Like 2

Some reshot scenes with a bit of paint added.

Inspiration_11.thumb.jpg.6120f0cfb99ccbac247412565bfc5f45.jpg

Inspiration_12.thumb.jpg.320863b7c539dc094d006e302e2c0568.jpg

Inspiration_14.thumb.jpg.d910dc7c99f841e100a6d8093088ac23.jpg

Inspiration_13.thumb.jpg.899032cd1c035fa5304aaf143bb08c32.jpg

Also have some glue drying on these light walkers and still debating how I should base these heavy weapon teams.  I have enough models to do them on dedicated bases but it seem like a bit of a waste. 

Conversion_01.thumb.jpg.cd0eeacb75602f04392f4ff0eafa23a6.jpg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this