Sign in to follow this  
Maledrakh

Maledrakh's 77354 Danel Mounted Crusader and Squire 44091 Anhurian Cavalry

Yeah, the Anhurian Cavalry mini has an odd right arm positioning. I'd gotten 2 of them from a local store and they'd had some minor other issues with the hands (I'd thought that they had the more mailed mitts than gloves)...and had swapped the hand with a fireforge spear arm chopped down to just the hand and used one of the spear hands from another to make a standard bearer using one of the flags from the metal fantasy banner set. I've since bought two more as part of an order this month with the intent to have another as a musician and to have a more command one (Which actually came an even more different part since the arm was missing the weapon and most of the arm past the elbow and have a replacement coming). The newer ones you can see the glove details...which are even more obvious on a metal version that a friend showed me a few days ago.

• Like 4

Despite the shortcomings, you gave these a glorious life!  Sorry you figured out the crusader’s hands too late.

• Like 2

Good paint job!

I can't understand how this one got on sale with such a hand.

These are fine pair for tabletop and excellent job overcoming the challenge - I really like the brown/chestnut horse's coloring.

Yes, Sir Daniel was a complete fail in Bones originally.  They redid the mold before releasing him, you can spot the new one by the helmet on the saddle behind the rider.  

That said, you did a fine job on them!  I sacrificed Mr. Backwards-Hands entirely by doing a rider swap.  ^_^

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      From left to right; 50279 Malvernis Soldier, 50278 Rach Soldier and 50287, Cain the Cyber-Troll.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great Black Friday. Here are pictures of 50287, Cain the Cyber-Troll sculpted by Bobby Jackson.
      This Chronoscope model was designed by Wayne Reynolds, Winner of the Reaper Con 2011 DYOM (Design Your Own Miniature) Auction. It is also available in Bones Black version under SKU: 49028.
      I added the katana on its back to be faithful to the concept art illustration and painted it with Reaper MSP paint.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello to all the forumites of this fine page!

So just finished this set a few days ago, the Ral Partha Water Lords, sculpted by Jim Johnson I'm thinking in the nineties, even though as per always, I forgot to look at the date stamp at the bottom before I put them on their base.

I can really only directly show one of these minis, because the other two are ladies with their aquatic lady parts floundering all over, so here's the first one:

and here is then a link to the female aquatic elf:

Female aquatic elf from the Water Lords

If you were interested in seeing other angles (this is the one I put on the Lost Mini Wiki), you could check out on my Instagram account Moonglumsminis

And here is the Water Elemental in this set, a really cool piece in my opinion, but once again, full of even more mammal parts than the lady elf:

Water Elemental

Also on my Instagram page is the back angle of this wet and wonderful woman!

So it was very fun painting these guys, and I got to use a lot of my sea color paints from Reaper, which just don't get enough use these days.  For the elves, I wanted them to be kind of subdued colors, as if they were down in the deep blue sea, and then with the male elf's mount, I was kind of in a conundrum, do I also give him subdued colors, or do I do a more tropical color scheme to offset the pale elf colors?  In the end, I opted for the brighter tropical colors to give hopefully a bit more visual interest.  

The whites I think as the highlights for the water come off "whiter" in the actual minis, wish that would translate a bit more in the photos, but I think they came out more or less decently.  

Around this same time, Ral Partha also did some other "elemental" blister packs, they did a fire one, an air one, and an earth blister pack. They were all sculpted by Jim Johnson, one of the few sculptors I can never seem to find anything out about.  I'd previously painted a female djinn from the air set, but I think I'm going revisit them all to hopefully get them all done one of these days in the far-flung future.  And just as a final mention, you can get all of these elemental minis, the water ones and others, on the Iron Wind Metals web site.

Anyhoos, enjoy and have a beautiful week of labor and painting (labor as work, not a week full of pre-partum pain)!

Mark aka 72Moonglum
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, this one is for all of you Nosferatus, Vampires and Childrens of the Dark lovers. 02867, Matthias the Twisted sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are some pictures of the Cavemen matriarch. This Dark Heaven Legends 02395, Cavewoman was sculpted by Bobby Jackson.
      I added primitive paintings on the jars and scratches on her knuckles, elbows and knees.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)