Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Grenadier Female Hill Giant, sculpted by Andrew Chernak

Nice paint job, but if you told me that was a Sylvester Stalone model, I'd have belived it.  Although, to be fair if i ran into said hill giant it would "be my worst nightmare." Solid work. 

• Like 3

Great job!

Any scale reference?  I’m thinking by today’s heroic 28mm=32mm scale she’s now a “human female Barbarian.”

• Like 2

Great Job!

Was that hole damage or meant for a buckler or shield?

You could paint it with a little vallejo dried blood making it a wound.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, R2ED said:

Nice paint job, but if you told me that was a Sylvester Stalone model, I'd have belived it.  Although, to be fair if i ran into said hill giant it would "be my worst nightmare." Solid work. 

Thanks, and that's funny, because it's the second time I've gotten a Stalone comment on this one.  I wonder if the sculptor did that on purpose?

8 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Great job!

Any scale reference?  I’m thinking by today’s heroic 28mm=32mm scale she’s now a “human female Barbarian.”

Thanks Darcstaar, and thanks! I'll put her against some Reaper figures when I get a chance and take a picture.  She's a giant of course, but in the good old days, being a giant meant something totally different than today in the whacky world of Bones and plastic.  She's still a bit larger than your typical barbarian at a heroic scale.

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great Job!

Was that hole damage or meant for a buckler or shield?

You could paint it with a little vallejo dried blood making it a wound.

Thank you Glitterwolf!

No, I think it was just a hole that didn't get filled in when it was cast.  

• Like 3

I've not seen this one before, I like her brutish looks! Wonderful job on the skintone and face.

My copy of this miniature has the same hole on the back of her hand. Great paint job on an old piece of lead!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iridil said:

I've not seen this one before, I like her brutish looks! Wonderful job on the skintone and face.

Thank you Iridil!  I don’t think her set was a super popular one for some reason.  Three pretty cool giants in my opinion, but apparently I have odd taste!

Just now, K2h2m3 said:

My copy of this miniature has the same hole on the back of her hand. Great paint job on an old piece of lead!

Very interesting!  I wonder if it was something in the mold then?

I think it might be intentional as it is a strange place to get an imperfection or mold damage. I don't think the set was unpopular but it was the last blister pack to be produced for the Grenadier AD&D line before the license ran out. There is also a standing stone with skulls at the base that was released in the blister.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, K2h2m3 said:

I think it might be intentional as it is a strange place to get an imperfection or mold damage. I don't think the set was unpopular but it was the last blister pack to be produced for the Grenadier AD&D line before the license ran out. There is also a standing stone with skulls at the base that was released in the blister.

I wonder if intentional, what they would have meant for it to have been or what they would have thought they'd attach to her hand?   

Good point about the license!   I know also that they had two different versions of the pack, one with and one without the standing stone.

2 hours ago, primeval said:

That fur! Great work on this!

Thanks Primeval!  No idea what kind of animal she might have pulled it off of!

6 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

I really like her face. Well done! She looks more like a real person than most miniatures. 

Yeah, not the exact flawless image of beauty you see on most miniatures...

Good paint job on a cool old school figure! 

Especially one that I don't think I've ever seen before.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good paint job on a cool old school figure! 

Especially one that I don't think I've ever seen before.

So found these pictures on the Lost Mini Wiki for some reference:

4D965174-440B-49F0-833C-64FE4846C014.jpeg.2278405d4c80ea83d41acf72016b86fa.jpeg83D3CD38-C088-4BE8-AC96-A907F7A2142C.jpeg.b01d2fa8080883ff7015c1ecfc604f82.jpeg

• Like 3