Ral Partha Skeletal Hunter and Pack Hounds

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

The bone really looks the part. How do you usually go about it?

Thanks. Start by priming in a medium grey. Then cover the whole thing in a thinned layer of any kind of off white. For this one I used Vallejo Pale Sand. Dry brush the whole thing with a true white, I think I used Reaper's Bleached Linen. Then cover the whole thing again in a thinned layer of GW Skeleton Horde contrast paint. Go over them to make sure the contrast paint doesn't pool up anywhere and you're done. Pretty simple, I think each dog took around 25 minutes to get them to a tabletop standard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Thanks. Start by priming in a medium grey. Then cover the whole thing in a thinned layer of any kind of off white. For this one I used Vallejo Pale Sand. Dry brush the whole thing with a true white, I think I used Reaper's Bleached Linen. Then cover the whole thing again in a thinned layer of GW Skeleton Horde contrast paint. Go over them to make sure the contrast paint doesn't pool up anywhere and you're done. Pretty simple, I think each dog took around 25 minutes to get them to a tabletop standard.

Pretty neat results for 25m. The contrast paint really draws it together and gives it depth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1