Sign in to follow this  
Maledrakh

Maledrakh's Wraith Wolves

Glad this has unlocked new options for you.  Some great work.  The Alpha has a little shiny spots/flecks that appear bright/white, or is it an actual white residue?

• Like 3

Impressive collection. Also a nice take on the whole Wraith topic. The paint jobs are suitably ghostly /ethereal and extra points for the awesome mushrooms on the bases. 

• Like 3

On 10/16/2020 at 2:52 AM, Darcstaar said:

Glad this has unlocked new options for you.  Some great work.  The Alpha has a little shiny spots/flecks that appear bright/white, or is it an actual white residue?

ah, those are reflections because the black contrast paint used is very shiny where I have not painted over it with the matter green. I probably should have given the whole thing a coat of matte varnish before taking the photos, but did not think of it since the shinyness is not really all that apparent IRL when not lit up for taking pictures.

When I look at the model now IRL I actually like the shiny-in-places effect, it makes it look oily and dangerous, like Armus the Skin of Evil.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Off the Bones 4 Fan Favorites expansion, the Hell Hounds. Woof woof.

Three surprisingly cute massive hellish hot dogs, with lavacracks and all. And they have spiked collars with a massive ring on the top.

And very obviously male. Those are the Dogs' Bollocks!

Again, these do look better IRL than in the blown up pictures. Much better, to my eyes at least.

How to paint lava-look minis:

Start with a stark white basecoat. Drybrush the following colours starting with heavy pressure to lighter pressure with the darker colours:

Bright yellow, golden yellow, orange or peachy pink, dark red or wine red, dark brown, dark grey/black, pure black.

Use a big, soft brush (such as a make-up brush) and make sure to wipe a lot of the paint off the bristles (more than you think!) and build the colours up gradually to avoid streaking.

Be aware that when painting light to dark, they will look wierd and as failures almost up to the very last coast. Keep with it!

I did the bases with black flock, as they have burned everything to a crisp.

Nice doggies?

-

I put them on 40mm bases. These are sculpted by Chris Lewis and made in Bones Black PVC.
      They are currently available from reapermini.com

These minis were finished on December 4th, 2020.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      (Yes, the title is a throwback to a contest I ran years ago on here....no I'm not running another one, with today's shipping rates, ugh......)

This is where I'm going to work on 3D printed terrain pieces for Star Wars Legion, most of which currently are going to be spaceships.  Because why use generic terrain when you can be shooting Rebel Scum hiding behind X-wings and the like?

Up first is this:

All the FDM bits are there, but most of the resin bits (guns, ramp, interior) are still in a bin waiting to have their supports removed and cured.
      I figured I should get a thread started as maybe that will get me over that initial hurdle of actually starting.  This has all been printed for a week or two and just sitting there....plus I'm gonna need that airbrush booth for other things sooner or later....

I will, of course, be attempting to make this look somewhat like the original episode 5 version, not some retconned prequel sillyness.

Now to go listen to some Prism.
    • By Maledrakh
      Want something to read? Click below.

• By Maledrakh
      Another 3D print today, this time from Lost Kingdom Miniatures current (October 2020) Patreon release. The Canopic Sorcerer

More info, pictures and awful puns below.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)